Thread: Solo Trip Tips

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Solo Trip Tips

So, I need to buy a gift for a friend (I want to give her a Fairy Tale Arts name) at Disneyland, but I can't find any of my friends who will come with me. So, I was thinking of just heading up to D-land sometime this week for a solo trip for just a few hours. I figure I can get the present, maybe hunt out a few characters, and wander around for a bit. But, i've never been to the parks alone. I was wondering what rides gave out single rider passes? And if anyone who has done solo trips have any tips for making it fun? The only thing i'm dreading the drive, I live in San Diego so it's about and hour and a half to get to the Parks,

Re: Solo Trip Tips

Hour and a half is my drive to the park, too. Go alone. Have fun. Do whatever you want to do. Enjoy the time, the atmosphere. It's great though I haven't done a solo trip in a while.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Haven't done DL alone, but WDW. It's very relaxing not to have to please a large group of people. I know Screamin' has Single Riders, and I believe Splash Mountain in DL does, but I don't think there are any others.

Just go and do what you want. Trust me, even if you are apprehensive, you will enjoy it once you are there!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Do whatever you want, when you want. That's the beauty of solo trips. I go solo quite often, and it really is a different, definately fun, experience.

As to Single Rider:
    Only Splash has SR at DL.
    DCA has SR for: Screamin', Maliboomer, Mulholland Madness, Grizzly River Run, and Soarin'. I use them profusely. However, I would like to point out that for Soarin', aside from having to wait to return, Fast Pass is quicker. You get merged with the normal line, and have a chance for a good seat. With SR, you go down a separate line, and they hold you until everyone (or almost) else has gone through and have taken the good seats. With SR, though, you do save time, in that, you can do it anytime you want, instead of having to wait to return.

Use this as you will, I hope it helps, and most importantly- have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    So, I need to buy a gift for a friend (I want to give her a Fairy Tale Arts name) at Disneyland, but I can't find any of my friends who will come with me. So, I was thinking of just heading up to D-land sometime this week for a solo trip for just a few hours. I figure I can get the present, maybe hunt out a few characters, and wander around for a bit. But, i've never been to the parks alone. I was wondering what rides gave out single rider passes? And if anyone who has done solo trips have any tips for making it fun? The only thing i'm dreading the drive, I live in San Diego so it's about and hour and a half to get to the Parks,
    Just got back from a solo trip. I had 1 hour alone on a wed night, and all day alone on Thursday. Met up with friends friday afternoon so Friday I was alone for half the day. I loved it, although by Friday afternoon I was getting bored. I used Ridemax and planned my days. I really liked doing this because it gave me a direction and a plan instead of wondering around aimlessly. Friday I hit DCA and really enjoyed doing Aladin, something my BOYS would never do. I used photopass to take pictures and asked passers by to take some for me.
    About the only thing I felt uncomfortable about was eating in nice restaruants alone. I ate at the bar at Rainforest Cafe which was fine, but felt funny eating alone at nicer places. I met a Cat at Whitewater Snacks.

I watched the parade alone and some young girl adopted me and we had a nice time watching it together. I never felt funny being alone. I think almost everyone is so into their own day they dont' care what you are doing alone, or just assume your family is off doing something else.

Friday afternoon rolled around. I met my friends and went from a party of 1 to a party of 11 in a matter of seconds. That was fun too.

have fun enjoy. The map will indicate which rides are single rider.
    Janette

I decided a while ago that I was going to just get over eating alone at decent restaurants. I was *not* going to say "just one" and feel pathetic.

So now it's "table for one please" instead of "just" one. I matter.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Future Imagineer!!

I havnt had the chance to go by myself yet since i live 5 1/2 hours away....but when i go to school down there i will totally hit it up....but going to disneyland and going to restaurants by yourself is a great way to people watch and notice things you wouldnt have the time or attention to notice before!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Use your "girl power" and have a blast! Someday I hope to get to try that adventure!

How do you get a single rider pass? I've been to DL a lot (I'm an AP'er) but I've always been with other people so I never used the single rider feature. Do you just ask a CM at the ride?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Ask the CM at the main entrance to the ride. They'll either give you the pass, or just direct you to the SR entrance.

The latter happens most often (OK- only) for Splash, for me.

Cool, thanks so much for the info everyone! I'm looking forward to my first solo trip!