Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Picture of the NOS Dream Suite

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Just so I sound even more skeptical and cranky, it seems to me that they are putting quite a lot of slick marketing work into these dream packages. Is the whole point of this YOAMD campaign just a way of promoting that the experiences exist so that in the future they can offer them for sale? It seems like the whole thing is just a DVC expansion.
    It's okay, I'm kind of cranky today too. But that's an interesting thought.

A great deal of resources and capital is going into some of these prizes. When the "year" is up, and honestly they can't drag this out again into 2009, what do they do with all of these new facilities?

I bet you'll see some of these suites and experiences available for purchase in a couple of years, once they've been made famous by the marketing of 2007-08.

• Minion

Re: Picture of the NOS Dream Suite

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    I

A great deal of resources and capital is going into some of these prizes. When the "year" is up, and honestly they can't drag this out again into 2009, what do they do with all of these new facilities?
    Can you say Executive Suite ?

I knew you could ...

Re: Disney Gallery --> Hotel Suite Rumor is Confirmed

My god... it is not the end of the world just an expansion of previous ideas. I am sure if anyone on this board were lucky enough to win this prize they would be all over it no matter what the guidelines to the prize were!
    Real fans "STICK" with it!

• Hooterville, USA

If I win, I'm throwing a drunken party that night! And in the spirit of New Orleans, girls will be required to "flash" for a string of beads. Also, vomiting and urinating will be reserved for over the railing and on to the street below.

Yeah, give me one night, and they'll cancel YOAMD.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I was kinda wondering how they would use the room ever since the cast member in the gallery said they were changing it to Walt's original apartment plan. I just thought it was gonna be a walk though thing, but its cool that they will let people stay there.

• Who's your DaddyB?

That area actually WAS an apartment for quite some time prior to the Gallery. It was used by executives of the Insurance Company of America (Disney's Insurance Company) and staffed not by castmembers, but by ICA employees.

I'd stay in the gallery apartment in a heartbeat, locked in or not.

I'd also love to get my hands on a printed edition of that online gifting catalog!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

I don't understand the title of this thread. What part of this was a rumor? It was flat out confirmed from the get go...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Then, of course, if you're staying at a Disney Resort hotel and you win a night in the Dream Suite, will they rebate your hotel charge for that night ?
    I was wondering the same thing. And what if you are just staying at a regular hotel...not at the Resort? Your room(s) is basically already paid for.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMousie View Post
    Check out this picture of the Dream Suite that has replaced the Gallery.
    http://www.2008disneydreamcatalog.com/
    The picture is on pages 6 & 7.
    It looks beautiful, but I am still questioning how they can have guests overnight in the Park.

If this has been posted elsewhere, please excuse the redundancy.
    That "Dream Catalogue" is laughable.

I don't know if I'd want an island to myself. It seems strange.. I like civilization around me.

I love how they spun the DreamSuite to make it seem like it's basically Walt-approved. Pffft.

The Grand Marshall Parade tour is nothing new. But interesting that Tokyo is excluded. Guess OLC wouldn't cooperate?

High School Musical 3? This only appeals to tweens. If I won this prize, I'd definately turn it down.

Breakfast in the middle of Main Street? Kinda cool, I guess... but awkward if regular park guests are walking by as you're eating your scrambled eggs.

The Dream Vacation is a pretty great prize.

Dinner with Nemo? Cool, but its the same as Breakfast on Main Street... surely, you wont be eating in the Sub, so you're going to be eating with a Lagoon-view.... Awkward as other guests are walking by....

The Honorary Imagineer prize is quite intriguing... but wasn't this prize auctioned off during the 50th.. Didn't Circarama already do this? Nothing new here...

Hot Air Balloon Flights? Umm.... right.

Christmas Day Parade Special appearance? Meh.

New Year's Eve in Cinderella Suite? Well, do you get to view the fireworks from a balcony? Cause that'd be cool... but isn't this "dream" is the same as any other night when they give away the Castle Suite. I guess part of the dream is winning a 4-night WDW Vacation though, culminating with NYE at the Suite. Cool.

The rest of the catalogue in the back of the book is funny cause I noticed several redundancies in the list. Couldn't come up with enough Dreams, Disney? I'm not surprised.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Who's your DaddyB?

Dude! Let me go get a cup to catch all that dripping sarcasm. It's making a mess all over the floor.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

This is funny. You guys are always saying how you want Disney to be preserved and modeled after the way that Walt wanted. Some of you claim to know exactly what he would've wanted. And now that they are doing something "he wanted" you guys still complain. There's no winning. At least they're not calling it a Cinderella Suite.

It looks beautiful, but I am still questioning how they can have guests overnight in the Park.
    Well, they've been doing it for almost a year at Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Cinderella Castle, why it would it matter for Disneyland?

• Shubisha

If a micechatter wins you gotta post a big sleepover invite and get everybody in there for an all nighter party

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I'm still angry about this.

That and I feel like my whole 'celebrate Friday the 13th at Tower' thing was ripped off. I feel so used....(I realize that the idea was probably concieved at about the same time and that different things are done, but still. I feel like I'm somehow unoriginal now though ._. )
    dreams. come. true.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    This is funny. You guys are always saying how you want Disney to be preserved and modeled after the way that Walt wanted. Some of you claim to know exactly what he would've wanted. And now that they are doing something "he wanted" you guys still complain. There's no winning. At least they're not calling it a Cinderella Suite.
    Walt wanted the apartment for personal use. Not as a tool to drive a promotion.

They still aren't using it how "Walt wanted".... they're just saying they are so it sounds good.

Walt's dead, and his family didn't want the apartment after he died. The idea of the apartment should have died with Walt.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    That "Dream Catalogue" is laughable.
    Wow.. could you be any more negative for no good reason?

I don't know if I'd want an island to myself. It seems strange.. I like civilization around me.
    Ever been on a cruise? The island is full of activities such as snorkeling, jet skis, etc. Plus... most people like to RELAX while on the beach, not setup like a community bus.

I love how they spun the DreamSuite to make it seem like it's basically Walt-approved. Pffft.
    Talking about the location (which was..) makes it 'spin'?

High School Musical 3? This only appeals to tweens. If I won this prize, I'd definately turn it down.
    So good to know you are too good for it. Maybe you'd consider actually helping someone else you knew by taking them... wow.. there's a thought.

Breakfast in the middle of Main Street? Kinda cool, I guess... but awkward if regular park guests are walking by as you're eating your scrambled eggs.
    Oh please.. like they'd do it while main street is open. Its actually a pretty wild idea - I'd be more concerned about weather!

Dinner with Nemo? Cool, but its the same as Breakfast on Main Street... surely, you wont be eating in the Sub, so you're going to be eating with a Lagoon-view.... Awkward as other guests are walking by....
    Again more absurdity. Maybe you'd like to slam the dinner tour of the HM too while you are at it? I mean.. come on.. all those guests watching you eat! Whatever

The Honorary Imagineer prize is quite intriguing... but wasn't this prize auctioned off during the 50th.. Didn't Circarama already do this? Nothing new here...
    Yup.. a great reason to never do it again!

Hot Air Balloon Flights? Umm.... right.

Christmas Day Parade Special appearance? Meh.
    Apparently many people do like to get a chance to be on TV. Try turning on your television any morning and tuning to GMA or the Today show.

Maybe the reason some people don't like YOMD is because they are so overly critical of everything.

Next time a CM offers to do something nice for you.. tell them you'd prefer something unique and good enough for just you
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast