Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

NOS Dream Suite Confirmed (Merged Threads)

Check out this picture of the Dream Suite that has replaced the Gallery.
    http://www.2008disneydreamcatalog.com/
    The picture is on pages 6 & 7.
    It looks beautiful, but I am still questioning how they can have guests overnight in the Park.

If this has been posted elsewhere, please excuse the redundancy.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Disney Gallery --> Hotel Suite Rumor is Confirmed

Building on the incredible success of 2007, Disney's magic-makers went back to their dream drawing board. They created over-the-top experiences for the 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway that will be awarded to eligible lucky Guests and mail-in participants, including:
    - A chance for Guests to stay inside Disneyland® Park;
    :\
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Re: Disney Gallery --> Hotel Suite Rumor is Confirmed

Glad we got to experience The Balcony several times and lunch on the patio.

Very cool for the lucky winners.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Closed Account

Re: Picture of the NOS Dream Suite

Cue the funeral dirge...

Very cool for the lucky winners.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Minion

I guess it will be a wonderful experience for those who get to partake.
    I can't say I wouldn't jump at the chance to sleep in that magical place for one night.
    I will always miss the gallery, but time marches on...
    The artist rendering is certainly beautiful.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

I more question how they plan to do all their 3rd shift work with vehicles and construction style lighting in the area at all.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeek View Post
    I more question how they plan to do all their 3rd shift work with vehicles and construction style lighting in the area at all.
    I don't see how it would be difficult at all. I'm sure people would be thrilled at the chance to see the park after hours, if the comments on this board are any indication.

The advertising copy talks of the balcony view surely making Mr. Disney smile.

I wonder if the fact that Disneyland has closed an attraction that all guests were able to enjoy would have made him smile, too.

Closing to the general public access to the suite in order to offer exclusive access as a "prize" is an insult. The Royal Suite is not like the apartment in the firehouse. Guests have been able to enjoy the New Orleans Square space for over twenty years, and, during that time, said guests were able to smile at the balcony view, too. Now, they will be stuck on the ground looking up at what once was.

If Jay Rasulo spent some time at Disneyland, he might have realized the ill-will the decision to eliminate this attraction would engender.

• Minion

Yeah, they'll be locked in there (under guard ?) all night an into the morning for security and safety reasons.

• Still lost in Neverland

This is a disaster waiting to happen. Since most of the regular guests who come to Park now days have a mind-set that has no respect for private property or no consideration for others, I can see much damage and stolen items shortly after the first "winners" get to stay here. They take/break stuff from the rides now, what's to stop them from taking stuff from the rooms? Nothing. And it's not just the mind-set either; it's an attitude now that anything within reach belongs to "them" and they will take it or break it.

And how would you like to stay in there all night, locked in? Not me.

To lose the Gallery for something like this is the stupidest thing Rasulo has come up with yet. How could John Lassiter go along with this? I am very disappointed.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

That rendering is the original Dorothea Redmond artwork from the apartment, I have the print on my wall. Who knows what the new look will be, but it makes me smile a bit to think that they're trying to be true to the original design.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    The advertising copy talks of the balcony view surely making Mr. Disney smile.

I wonder if the fact that Disneyland has closed an attraction that all guests were able to enjoy would have made him smile, too.

Closing to the general public access to the suite in order to offer exclusive access as a "prize" is an insult. The Royal Suite is not like the apartment in the firehouse. Guests have been able to enjoy the New Orleans Square space for over twenty years, and, during that time, said guests were able to smile at the balcony view, too. Now, they will be stuck on the ground looking up at what once was.

If Jay Rasulo spent some time at Disneyland, he might have realized the ill-will the decision to eliminate this attraction would engender.
    HERE HERE!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

As much as I hate losing 'veteran' attractions, I can't (uncharacteristically) whip up much emotion for the poor Gallery. Its only appeal to me was its original intent--to be a private refuge. Since it is returning to its originally designed purpose (a private area), I don't feel too upset about losing another storefront. I will miss the view, however--it was a good 'un.

If the club33 chef feeds me all night Im good lock me up inthe happiest place and I would take a thing,hey will they get a butler?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast