Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe Hotels

• Found my prince!

Question Safe Hotels

I'm planning a solo trip and besides the Disneyland hotels what hotels would be safe for a female traveling alone? Thanks in advance for your help.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Safe Hotels

Depends when you're going. If it's this weekend, you are sure to be safe pretty much anywhere.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I would reccommend the Candy Cane Inn. They have their own bus, so if you wanted to stay late at the parks, you wouldn't have to be afraid going back to the hotel at night. Besides that the hotel is nice, and not that far from Disneyland.

The Hyatt is good, they have an excellent on-time shuttle to the park every 30 mins (you can set your watch, they're that much on time). Hotel itself... typical hyatt, it's listed as "4 blocks away"... they're really long blocks, it's a bit over a mile.

I got there with Priceline last July, listed as a 3.5 star if I remember, was $49/night.

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Depends when you're going. If it's this weekend, you are sure to be safe pretty much anywhere.
    That is hilarious.........and somewhat true!
    DisneyBroad54

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Howard Johnsons...Marriott Fairfield...thought nothing tops staying at the resort.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If you don't have to stay near the resort, I suggest choosing a hotel in Irvine.

Irvine is consistently rated within the top 5 or 10 safest cities in the US with a population of 100,000 or more.

Crimes can happen anywhere. But I would say the safest city to stay in is Irvine.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If you don't have to stay near the resort, I suggest choosing a hotel in Irvine.

Irvine is consistently rated within the top 5 or 10 safest cities in the US with a population of 100,000 or more.

Crimes can happen anywhere. But I would say the safest city to stay in is Irvine.
    That wouldn't be a bad idea since you could drive to Disneyland and use the trams.

Remember to always stay with groups of people though. Safety in numbers. I practiced the same thing back in '06. My dad had his kidney transplant that year and we stayed at the Corona which is a little over 2 blocks (long blocks). I'm a man in his mid 20s who had to walk alone to get the car and pick my family and the kids up from the Harbor Blvd Mc Donald's. I stuck close to the groups of people walking while still being aware of what was going on around me.

As a tip, a self defense class before your trip wouldn't be a bad idea. If you want to stay close to Disneyland, check out the hotels mentioned earlier. If you're looking at hotels within walking distance, the Disneyland is 1313 S, so stay within that range. The closer the address is to 1313 the closer you are to the park.

• Minion

I would say that any hotel on harbor is safe. Tourist are constantly walking and it has pretty good lighting. The Anaheim police often cruise as well. Just be sure to make sure you are aware of your surroundings. You will be fine I'm sure. Have a nice trip!
    Jeff Wayne

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Snookie View Post
    I'm planning a solo trip and besides the Disneyland hotels what hotels would be safe for a female traveling alone? Thanks in advance for your help.
    youre from Reno! Whoo hoo! Im in Carson city!
    anyway The park vue is right across the street at the stoplight.

My Maleficent tattoo

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I would also go with the Candy Cane Inn. The shuttle runs every half hour until 45 minutes after the park closes so you can time it easily and the hotel is VERY clean and nice.
    Foolish Mortal

We stay at the Candy Cane Inn and the Holiday Inn.

A place I highly recommend that you stay away from is Portofino Inn (which is very close to the Candy Cane Inn). Very very scary (although it looks great from the outside and in the lobby)!!! I don't have anything good to say about this place. And I'm not the only one online who feels this way. Things being stolen from rooms (anywhere from clothes to cameras), ground floor sliding doors that do not lock (and management doesn't care), people that have been drinking IN our room and on our patio (again, management didn't care). We left this place rather quickly.
    Last edited by bloodnswash; 10-02-2007 at 05:55 AM.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

If you're looking at places in that area away from the parks, stay away from anything on Orangethorpe Ave in Fullerton!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I would say that any hotel on harbor is safe. Tourist are constantly walking and it has pretty good lighting. The Anaheim police often cruise as well. Just be sure to make sure you are aware of your surroundings. You will be fine I'm sure. Have a nice trip!
    Let me clarify this a bit.

Any hotel on Harbor near Disneyland is fairly safe. Keep in mind that Harbor Blvd stretches for many miles in both directions of Disneyland so if you choose a hotel just because it is on Harbor Blvd don't assume its ok. I wouldn't suggest anything on Harbor south of Chapman or north of Ball. Keep in mind that there are many hotels on Harbor more frequented by drug dealers and prostitutes than tourists -- so I would suggest not picking just any hotel with a Harbor Blvd address...

• For You!

I quite like the Candy Cane too - I stayed at the Fairfield by myself for one night. I felt really safe. But, walking by myself was a little bit freaky - but, there were always plenty of people around.

I stayed most of the trip at the Grand Californian - Never had an ounce of worry there.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast