Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Pixar Play! Parade coming to DCA in 2008

OK, there have been a lot of news being released in the last 48 hours, and it is tough to get the info out, especially with Knott's Halloween Haunt going on.

But at 8 AM Monday, I had UPS show up with a Press Kit, pretty much the Disney Dreams Catalog with a couple of minor extras (You can view the catalog online at www.disneyparks.com).

The main thing that caught my attention was the name of the new parade showing up sometime in 2008 (Based on what I know, May, though I have heard Easter Break also) is going to be called "Pixar Play! Parade", no pals in the name.

Also, the press release still calls both the WDW and DCA new attractions "Toy Story Mania!".

A couple of other issues in the Press Release, it is official, the Disney Gallery is being converted to the "Disneyland Dream Suite" which will be offered to guests most of 2008 (266 days) starting January 31st, 2008. Expect a few days prior for Major Media to get a chance to use it first. Also note that there are about 70 days that it won't be given out, more than likely for other marketing purposes. Also, the Disneyland Hotel will be getting a "Pirates of the Caribbean" suite. (Could this be a remodel of the Mickey's suite?)

The Press Release also talks about High School Musical 3 coming out in the Fall of 2008 (subject to change).

And one more comment, reading all this info (aka Press stuff), DCA was hardly mentioned, but all the WDW parks were mentioned individually... A very interesting comment on the attitude of Disney....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Pixar Play! Parade coming to DCA in 2008

Disney's California Adventure, my very own unwanted stepchild...

I heart thee forever.

• Minion

ORDDU: Wouldn't it make more sense to convert the former Gallery into the Pirate's suite, since the Pirate attraction is already underneath?

ORWEN: Yes and then they could just use the hotel for that Disneyland suite.

Nothing more about DCA? I thought the major refurbishing was going to start next year. I guess it's not mentioned because nothing will be completed and opening in 2008 except for Toy Story Mania. My son will love the new parade. The parades are the favorite parts of his day (besides the carousel).

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I could understand if the new Pixar Play! Parade was at DCA but at Disneyland the home of the Fab 5, it does not seem right to me.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'm pretty sure the Pixar Play! Parade will be at DCA.

By the way, what a completely silly name for the parade. "Pixar Pals Parade" would have sufficed. Whats with having to have "Play" in there? And why is every new attraction at DCA marked with an exclaimation point? "Monsters Inc- Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!" "Toy Story Mania!" "Pixar Play! Parade"

...Are they trying to fool us into thinking its exciting or something?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Pixar Play! Parade will be at DCA.

By the way, what a completely silly name for the parade. "Pixar Pals Parade" would have sufficed. Whats with having to have "Play" in there? And why is every new attraction at DCA marked with an exclaimation point? "Monsters Inc- Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!" "Toy Story Mania!" "Pixar Play! Parade"

...Are they trying to fool us into thinking its exciting or something?
    Oops if I had finished my cup of coffee first I might have read the complete thread title.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I have a slightly off-topic question for Darkbeer-

Any idea why Disney has remained silent regarding the new Monorails? I'd think they'd throw them in as a Year of a Million Dreams offering....

| | |

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Any idea why Disney has remained silent regarding the new Monorails? I'd think they'd throw them in as a Year of a Million Dreams offering....
    Personally, because it's no big deal (just a couple of new trains). Yes, I'm sure there will be a ceremony. However, they didn't advertise when Engine #5 came on for the 50th.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Personally, because it's no big deal (just a couple of new trains). Yes, I'm sure there will be a ceremony. However, they didn't advertise when Engine #5 came on for the 50th.
    Princess Fantasy Faire and Jedi Training Academy aren't really a big deal, either but they're still hyping those up as big YOAMD features. ...But good point about Engine #5...

| | |

i already have told people of this parade coming in a previous topic!! They just omitted PLAY because it seemed to long so now its going to be called "PIXAR PLAY PARADE", i know the creative forces behind this parade and its actually going to be very good and interactive. Any Pixar fan will love it. But if you hate getting wet stay out of the WET ZONE! Still it will give people another chance to go to DCA for something new next summer.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    i already have told people of this parade coming in a previous topic!! They just omitted PLAY because it seemed to long so now its going to be called "PIXAR PLAY PARADE", i know the creative forces behind this parade and its actually going to be very good and interactive. Any Pixar fan will love it. But if you hate getting wet stay out of the WET ZONE! Still it will give people another chance to go to DCA for something new next summer.
    This new parade was no secret... everybody has known about it for quite a while now.

Darkbeer is just relaying the news because it finally became official.

| | |

• Launch sequence engaged

I really hope this parade isn't going to be in the same format as Block Party Bash. I understand kids enjoy being involved in the parade, but it just seems ridiculous to make the performers strive for audience involvement like that. I would prefer to see elaborate floats with normal street performers (i.e. dancers and such). At the same time, making the parade revolve ONLY around Pixar is a mistake. They might as well incorporate Disney characters from numerous films. After all, it is not like they care much about theme.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Banned User

The resort is still taking precedent in terms of marketing. And it really gets on my nerve. I hate this entire melding of the Parks structure together. This YOAMD thing is really over-rated and annoying. The way they go about press releases and constantly mentioning Disney World is so over-blown. I know that it has a lot to do with how the operations are now set up between Florida and California. I can't help but think of Jay Rasulo sitting in his office ignoring the complete distinction between each resort. All because he won't give up his attachment to his stupid promotion and corporate structure that should have never even been created. And I notice how they can't create any original names for all these "new shows and attractions." Why can't they call it MIDWAY MANIA? Why do they have to jam in all these stupid titles like "Toy Story" and "High School Musical?" I'm getting sick of Jay Rasulo running the theme parks this way and Walt Disney World always stealing face. I don't understand why Iger won't fire his *** and replace him with someone who cares about the parks and not the promotional campaign that can squeeze out revenue on stale products and movie synergy.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 10-02-2007 at 10:46 AM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    The resort is still taking precedent in terms of marketing. And it really gets on my nerve. I hate this entire melding of the Parks structure together. This YOAMD thing is really over-rated and annoying. The way they go about press releases and constantly mentioning Disney World is so over-blown. I know that it has a lot to do with how the operations are now set up between Florida and California. I can't help but think of Jay Rasulo sitting in his office ignoring the complete distinction between each resort. All because he won't give up his attachment to the stupid promotion that should have never even been created. And I notice how they can't create any original names for all these "new shows and attractions." Why can't they call it MIDWAY MANIA? Why do they have to jam in all these stupid titles like "Toy Story" and "High School Musical" I'm getting sick of Jay Rasulo running the theme parks this way and Walt Disney World always stealing face.
    Hear, hear!

| | |

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast