Smile Disneyland Hotel Babysitting Service

I just have a quick question, has anybody used the Disneyland Hotel Babysitting Service when staying at the resort? My wife and I want to go out to a dinner without the kids for one night, what was the quality and prices for using it? Thank you so much for expert advice!!!
    Jeff

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Hotel Babysitting Service

Only that I know that have the service.

I have not use it.

I can find my hotel information hand out when you check-in

My deck hard drive had the information but it die.
    and not back-up.
    I will see what I still have.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Disney Gram

I have never used these services, but have friends who have and they were quite pleased with them. There are a myriad of activities, depending on the age of the child. If you need more info about activities, kitchen, etc., let me know.
    PINOCCHIO’S WORKSHOP
    Available for all Disneyland Resort Guests
    Located in the Grand California Hotel
    provides child care in a group setting seven days a week from 5 p.m. to midnight. The center accepts children ages 5 to 12.
    Pinocchio’s Workshop adheres to California State Social Services requirements for child care centers. The maximum capacity for the center is 12 children, and the center maintains a minimum staff- to- child ratio of one to 12, although according to Mr. Cohen, an additional cast member is available when needed. Per California state standards, the staff is certified in CPR and must submit to fingerprint screening to check for past and current criminal activity
    Grand Californian guests may make reservations for Pinocchio’s Workshop by calling (714)-956-6755. Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel guests should plan to consult with their hotel concierge desks to check for availability and make same- day reservations.
    Parents are given a pager before leaving for the evening, so that the PW staff can contact them for emergencies.
    Pinocchio’s Workshop charges $13 per hour per child with no minimum stay, and up to the full seven hours the center is open at night. A two- hour minimum fee will be charged for guests who fail to show up or cancel their reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice.
    All Disneyland Hotels offer baby- sitting services through an outside contractor for guests who prefer to have a private baby sitter in their room, or whose children are under 5. All are licensed and bonded.

Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Pinocchio's Workshop is great. I've taken my youngest there a few times, the last time when I took my oldest to a show at House of Blues. The staff is great, the kids get to go up to the conceirge lounge and watch fireworks and they have tons of activities for them.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Pinocchio's Workshop is great. I've taken my youngest there a few times, the last time when I took my oldest to a show at House of Blues. The staff is great, the kids get to go up to the conceirge lounge and watch fireworks and they have tons of activities for them.
    Thanks dmom! I appreciate your opinion... I've thought about the babysitting before but hadn't really heard much about it. I'll definitely check it our when we're there in Dec.