Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• addict.

Re: What's your favorite off-property hotel to stay at when visiting Disneyland?

la quinta inn and suites on clementine is super nice... its about a 15 min walk frm the main gate, which does seem like a life time after a long day at the park... but the rooms are very nice. oh and continental breakfast... thats always a plus.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome."

"Aye... That be true."

• Senior Minion

Re: What's your favorite off-property hotel to stay at when visiting Disneyland?

HoJO'S for AP Discount,
    Orange County Hyatt for the comfortable beds.
    Residence Inn Marriott-The breakfast buffet rules, spacious rooms for large parties or families.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Disney Freak #125

The World of Two Moons... sometimes Disneyland... mostly my own world

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    Even cheaper, and still clean, is the Motel 6. I stayed there before and it was fine. They do have a shuttle service that makes rounds to it and other "Good Neighbor" hotels but it costs a few extra dollars, but it was only about $64.00 a night I think when I stayed. You get a clean room, a comfy bed and shower.

Don't forget the pool... that is really nice too. It is in the center of the buildings and since they are all 3 and 4 floors, there is always a shadow on the heated pool. The only time me and my family noticed that there was no shade, was high noon but only a few minutes and then it creeps back over the pool. It's nice and relaxing after dealing with crowds all morning. And if you feel like driving from the Motel 6 to the park, it's only a couple of blocks away from the park.

The Best Western Anaheim Inn is where I always stay. It's really close, clean, and comfortable. Not really cheap though, usaully $100 or a little more per night.
    Matthew

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Camelot Inn. Clean, right by the Harbor blvd crosswalk, great prices!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

fairfield inn by marriott. right across the street. it is convienent, clean, never had a prob. beside we get to use our points off the credit card so it is free. and considering all you do is shower and sleep. it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I am a fan of HoJo's, and they offer a 15% AP discount

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

Same distance as the Paradise Pier Hotel to the Main Entrance.

AWESOME staff, nice large rooms, free parking and high speed internet (uses a standard ethernet cord, not wireless). Great grounds and pool area (the Hot Tub is a great place to watch the fireworks).
    I agree with Darkbeer, my wife loves them because they have very clean rooms. I love the view of DL, we get the Park view rooms and we can see Space MT and the fireworks!!! The price is also very good for December we are staying 5 nights for five hundered, with tax and everything. It is close to Mimi's, McDonnalds, and IHOP. I hope this helps!!!
    Jeff

Add me as a Anaheim Plaza Inn fan. Yes, the rooms are basic, but they are spacious. Each room has a small fridge and a microwave. It's an easy walk after a day at the park. Plus the rates are the best! We've stayed there for $49.99 - $89 a night. It's usually $60 a night. To me, it's the best place to stay on a budget.

• Drunk On Disney

Great thread! I have stayed at the Carousel and the Desert Palms Inn and both were just fine. I got what I was expecting. They were safe and clean.

Usually, I stay at the Paradise Pier. I just prefer the location and I love the restaurant downstairs.

I would caution readers to take everyone's opinion (including mine) with a huge grain of salt.

What I look for in a hotel probably differs substantially from yours. Keep in mind that the posters may be used to a more or less expensive hotel than you are and they may want other things.

I have a pool at home so I have never used a hotel pool. But I know many people who use that as their #1 criteria. I have even met people that hated a hotel because they didn't give you the newspaper in the morning.

I say this because I once read horrible reviews on a hotel (in PA) after I had booked it and I was expecting to check in and the out. However, that hotel was great. So again, grain of salt!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

If money's not an issue, I would have to go with the Sheraton across the street. You can walk it (it's not that far), or they also have their own shuttle that goes to the resort every half-hour.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Del Sol or Desert Inn and Suites. we normally stay in either, and they are decent and right across the street.

• Minion FOREVER!

Park Place Best Western. Nice and close. Reasonably clean.

But lately it's been getting harder to book there.
    Others:
    Candy Cane (close, brkfast), Residence Inn (brkfast, nice)

• official corn dog taster

hyatt
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• i miss the peoplemover

i've stayed at quite a few of the good neighbor hotels...

1. Jolly Roger- its okay. nothing to write home about, but it was cheap and clean, so its cool...

2.Parkside inn and suites - GROSS..!!!!!! room was dirty... we booked a king size bed and they ended up trying to give us a FULL for two adults, i'm 5'10 and my boyfriend is 6'4.. our feet dangled off the bed... when we complained and asked for our money back or for a king size bed the guy kinda laughed and said sorry nothing he can do...!! Rude rude rude..!!

3. Any of the best westerns are nice... they all have very friendly service, and make sure your happy with your room, free parking, early morning breakfast which is fruit, toast, danish and cereal...we haven't been disappointed yet..they don't have there own shuttle service, you have to buy a ticket to the anahiem transportation bus.. the bus can get full sometimes...

4. Hotel Menage, which is a few blocks from disneyland....we love love this hotel...
    we took a last min. trip to disneyland and choose the menage cause we saw it featured on the news... The lobby is absolutely amazing looking.. its sooo fancy and modern.. We got one of the newer rooms, the bed was nice, the room was big and clean and the plasma tv was a nice touch.. . we went to the bar by the pool ... great bartenders, and the best view of the fireworks by the pool... Seriously.. you can hang in the pool and watch the fireworks.. it was soo nice.. plus theres a lil room for the kids to watch tv and play on the internet right next to the bar... I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. the Bar has a lil menu that was good, quick service ..plus the pool is open 24hrs. go later in the evening so theres not as many kiddies..the only thing that sucks is that you have to pay for parking, its not free with your stay...we've gone back here 3 times now. we love going here cuz after the park we just want to relax and maybe have a glass of wine and chill, and we can do that here at the hotel, while in the pool, and watch the fireworks...!!!

Hands down, the Candy Cane Inn. The breakfast and closeness to the park are what draws us there. The rooms are good sized and I love the flowers and fountain. We have also stayed at the Crowne Plaza and the Hilton. Both places are good to stay at. The have their pluses and minuses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast