Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: What's your favorite off-property hotel to stay at when visiting Disneyland?

this thread is GREAT! I am glad to see someone mention the Del Sol as I found a great rate there for an upcoming trip and I was wondering where it stood on the scale of good/bad. We've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza and liked it just fine and the rate there wasn't much different than the Del Sol, maybe around $20 more for the entire week.

For those who actually have stayed at the Del Sol Inn - here are my questions: room size, is there a continental breakfast (if yes, what do they have at it?) and is there free internet?
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Re: What's your favorite off-property hotel to stay at when visiting Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    this thread is GREAT! I am glad to see someone mention the Del Sol as I found a great rate there for an upcoming trip and I was wondering where it stood on the scale of good/bad. We've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza and liked it just fine and the rate there wasn't much different than the Del Sol, maybe around $20 more for the entire week.

For those who actually have stayed at the Del Sol Inn - here are my questions: room size, is there a continental breakfast (if yes, what do they have at it?) and is there free internet?
    The rooms were nice sized. The place is obviously an older facility. But they came in and replaced some curtains with some nice wooden blinds during our stay. So they're keeping it up. We had fresh carpeting and linens. You get a fridge and a Microwave in the room. The bathroom was cramped. The Vanity area is outside the bathroom. The tub was fairly old and discolored a bit in spots. But it was NOT due to not being clean. The plumbing all worked sufficiently and we always had hot water when we wanted it. There wasn't any mold or mildew between the tiles or anything like that. We had a clean comfortable room. The complex offers no views of anything except its own parking lot, which is inadequate if everyone staying there brings a car. The pool is fairly nice. The hot tub was non-functional, however.
    There is a continental breakfast. It's sweet rolls, milk, OJ, and cereal. Nothing special but it's good to grab and go and it will get you through until lunch. Because the facility is a smaller facility, you won't see the run on the breakfast room like you do at some of the other hotels. The only part of the complex that was run down was the laundry. One Washer, one dryer. But they are cheap. One dry lasted about an hour.

All in all, we stay here when we can get a good deal. Note that this is a non-smoking facility and if caught smoking in the room, there is a $200 surcharge. So if you're a smoker, you may want to head elsewhere.

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

My favorite is the Doubletree... it's a little further away, but not to much. It's right next to this nice strip mall called The Block.

I actually stayed there during a weekend spent at Angels Stadium rather than Disneyland.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

As to my favorites, I don't consider any of them over there to be so much better than the others that I would pay significantly more for it.

Here are the ones within 5 minutes walking from the turnstyles.
    BWPPI, Park Vue Inn.

Within 10 minutes.
    The ones above plus
    Camelot
    Carousel
    Tropicana
    Desert Inn and Suites
    Del Sol
    BWAI

Within 15 minutes
    Hojo
    Fairfield
    Ramada Maingate.
    Candy Cane
    Anaheim Plaza.

If All prices were equal, I'd take the Carousel, Tropicana, or the Best Western Park Place Inn,

I haven't stayed in all of these, but so far, I have found none that are worth significantly more money to go to. I will leave the definition of significantly more money up to the reader. And do check your prices. Sometimes, you can get a big bargain at one vs another. Sometimes you can't. And you never know which one is going to have a bargain or an expedia dump or the like.

desert inn is my vote..no frills, they have a carb b-fast, and it offers a decent bed, shower, and someplace close to the park that the kids can go and take a nap if needed (OK sometimes I like naps too) they don't have internet in the rooms, but there is enough hotels that do in the area that you can usually tag onto one of the other free wireless services. just my two cents....

• Narnian in Disneyland

6 hours and 29 minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    Within 15 minutes
    Hojo
    Fairfield
    Ramada Maingate.
    Candy Cane
    Anaheim Plaza.
    Anaheim Plaza Inn is definately less than 15 minutes walking for us. Then again, I guess we're fast walkers and I've never timed it, so you might be right for most people.
    "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-a-Dee-Ay,
    Home sweet home is the lesson today."

You're wrong, Brer Rabbit, why would I want to be home when I can be at Disneyland?!?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Well, that one on the corner of Harbor/Ball road was a Travelodge and now it's called "Hotel Menage" - and my wife and I always snicker at the name because we say they forgot the words 'a toi' in the name of the hotel...........

Candy Cane Inn is my vote

Desert Inn Suites. I'm a big fan of the whole next door to Disneyland thing. The price is very reasonble too. Last time tough, there was a very very faint BO smell coming from the matress. I've never noticed bad smells before that though, so it was probably just the one room I was in.

• Disney Night Owl

It's the Desert Inn and Suites for me. I am so used to staying there and it's pretty convenient, as it's right across from the parks pretty much. It isn't that bad of a walk, the hotel itself is clean and comfortable and I've never had a problem. I've stayed there almost every time I've been to Disneyland. It was up until my last trip when I was spoiled with a few nights in the Grand Californian.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Candy Cane Inn is very charming; it has the feel of a B&B on the Pacific Coast, just next door to DLR.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

For those who have stayed at both the Anaheim Plaza and the Del Sol, which would you choose? I am leaning towards the Anaheim Plaza just because I've stayed there before and know what to expect, but then again, the Del Sol is that much closer! Suggestions please!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Candy Cane for sure. It an easy walk, free breakfast, a personal shuttle. It also fairly priced

Any thoughts on the Ramada Maingate??

We have stayed at both the Fairfield and Del Sol. I would stay at either again and like both, but we also like to try new hotels and were thinking the Ramada this time.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

I am partial to the Hilton, they have rooms with perfect views of the parks and the rates are fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast