Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Exclamation PARKING - from the "suits"

Talked to a trio of suits out near the tram area tonight. They said that Pumbaa would be opening at midnight and that there was NO overnight parking in Mickey and Friends, and also that they "would be watching that structure very closely". This, to me, means more than just they don't want us parking there. I'm guessing they're going to be heavy on the security, given recent events, so I believe them about the not allowing it.

So for those of us doing the midnight Happy Birthday then getting in line for DCA, since DCA probably won't open till 2 or 3, it may be best to make your car-moving plans ahead of time. Try to get someone from your group to move the car, and hold their place (I guess at that hour, with DCA not open yet, it should be okay).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Re: PARKING - from the "suits"

Now I have a question. When DCA opens does that mean the rides will be open too?

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

i highly doubt it. i think i read that only certain restaurants would be open with a limited menu. i don't know about shops either.
    <o>

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Now I have a question. When DCA opens does that mean the rides will be open too?
    That would be tons of fun, but I haven't heard anything to indicate it. I'll bet they're having trouble scrounging up enough people to come in at that hour and cover the food locations that will be open and ODV, let alone enough people to run a ride.

Wouldn't it be nice, though... I'm still holding out hope for a movie or some other simple, non-labor-intensive entertainment.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Shubisha

They've said no rides or entertainment or anything will be open.

Only the entry plaza, part of hollywood pictures backlot, and the wiener stand(for that 4am hot dog buzz everyone gets =D). It's just a line.

I'm still waiting for an official confirmation about what time DCA will really open though. 1am, 1:30am, 2am, or 3am. And some things have said they let people into it from 1-3am, some have said 3-6am, others 1-6am.

• Hooterville, USA

Sorry I'm going to miss the all nighter. I will think of each and everyone of you while I sleep. I will give you guys the "Disney" award for staying up all night, and putting up with the millions of people the next day. Good luck, and may the force be with you.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Morrigoon- Did you ask if they'll be charging for parking for PAP holders? I wonder if they'll waive it since that's the only place we *can* park then.

Sadly, I totally forgot to ask them that.

Kicked myself when I got out to the parking structure and remembered that I should have asked. Maybe some kind soul will call City Hall today and find out?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I bet that will get pretty confusing...they'll be trying to empty AND fill a parking lot at the same time.

Well, technically, if the park closes at midnight, the structure should theoretically be emptied by 4am, and they're supposed to be opening it at 6. I figured that'd be enough leeway to leave my car there, but I guess with the terrorist threat, they want to be able to control the cars there that day.

• Hedonist

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Well, technically, if the park closes at midnight, the structure should theoretically be emptied by 4am, and they're supposed to be opening it at 6. I figured that'd be enough leeway to leave my car there, but I guess with the terrorist threat, they want to be able to control the cars there that day.
    Terrorists threats is an excuse - if you had a car bomb, you'd set it off when the place was crowded, not at 4AM. I don't think terrorists are that polite anymore.

True, to an extent. But I'm looking at it from the angle of: if they feel there's a threat, they can inspect the cars entering the structure. The way to avoid that would have been to leave the car overnight. It's stupid, but then again, we're talking about a company that has cursory bag checks before the gates that do absolutely no good whatsoever, yet they do them.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General You
    Terrorists threats is an excuse - if you had a car bomb, you'd set it off when the place was crowded, not at 4AM. I don't think terrorists are that polite anymore.

Sadly Car Bombs often are timed. It could be set at 4, go off at 10. What sick things we humans have devised.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Oh yeah.... Im sure those staying and the Grand Californian would be thrilled at people howling on the rides all night.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Hedonist

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    Sadly Car Bombs often are timed. It could be set at 4, go off at 10. What sick things we humans have devised.
    Sure, but whatever the time - the car has to drive in during the day in the first place - overnight parking does not increase the danger. It does however increase the inconvenience of loading a completely empty garage the next morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast