• :)

Haunted Mansion Facade

Okay so I understand a lot of the building is the elevator room, and all of the "show building" is actually behind the Facade..So What's inside those big front doors of the HM, does anybody know? If I let my imagination get to real, It's probably just storage...but that would be cool if it was anything else...hmm, anybody know?

• =)

Re: Haunted Mansion Facade

Spoiler
    One of the stretching rooms is directly behind that door. I don't know if it's even possible to open that door, but regardless of whether it's possible, that door is never used. You'd basically be looking at the outside of the elevator shaft...pretty useless. Same goes for the door on the extended queue side, actually. I think the second-floor veranda doors lead to work platforms on the inside, however.

If we're looking at the front of the facade, the near right corner contains the foyer. A door near the back right corner of the foyer leads to a very small room on the right side of the house. Then there are two big stretching room doors--one at the back of the foyer, and one on the left side. There's one octagonal stretching room on the other side of each of these. There's just a little room to the left of the stretching room at the back of the house for a cast member break room. This contains a ladder that leads up to the platforms above for maintenance.

There is one very important real door in the mansion facade that guests never use. This is a plain door in a small shedlike protrusion at the back of the house, right next to the berm's brick retaining wall. Cast members can enter this door. On the right is a door into the aforementioned break room within the facade. Directly ahead is a staircase that leads down a ways and then turns to the left before heading down a few more steps. At that point, you're directly beneath the train tunnel. Straight ahead is the mansion's control "tower," which is located between the unload and load zones. Monitors allow CMs to see all the night-vision infrared lights, deviant sexual practices, and real spiritual activity that characterize the mansion.

And yes, everything in that post was true. With the semi-exception of the last sentence.

EDIT: The Ghost Relations Department blog recently featured photos of the facade interior, by the way. Its creator goes by GRD999 around these parts, so you could try contacting him if you want more information. He's basically THE authority on the Haunted Mansion, and I owe a lot of the above knowledge to him.
    Last edited by Datameister; 10-04-2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spoilerfication.

• :)

Thanks! I always wondered what was in there..

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Wow...this post should have a spoiler warning. So much magic-ruining just went down my head's still spinning.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• DL Nerd

*Cries a little on the inside*
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

You know, we left the HM from the gallery one time because a couple of kiddos were doing something naughty in their doombuggy, but I don't remember anything other than a short flight of stairs with white walls and exiting from the side of the building.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• =)

Wow...this post should have a spoiler warning. So much magic-ruining just went down my head's still spinning.
    I know, innit great? (Wish granted, by the way.)

You know, we left the HM from the gallery one time because a couple of kiddos were doing something naughty in their doombuggy, but I don't remember anything other than a short flight of stairs with white walls and exiting from the side of the building.
    That's a chicken exit. The door is located on the left side of the portrait hall, about halfway down.
    Spoiler
    It leads into a passageway that passes along the outside of the storm diorama. You go up stairs, up some more stairs inside the berm, and exit to the left from a door in one of the crypts built into the berm's retaining wall. You're at the bottom of a trench of sorts, by the extended queue, roughly 50 feet from the facade. You follow the trench to the right, turn left, turn right again, and exit the grounds via the gate that also leads to the HMH FastPass area. You can see all this in my scale model (see my sig for the links).