• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Spring Break, Grad Nights & Memorial Day 2008 at Disneyland (crowds & dates question)

In Canada, our dates for Spring Break is earlier than most American Ones. Our version on Memorial Day (Victoria Day is the third week of May) and Grads are always late June.

But when do these events happen in the USA and how do the crowds in Disneyland get effected?

Now I know the date of Memorial Day 2008 but when is Spring Break and how does the crowds at Disneyland grow?

Also, does anyone know when Grad nights start?

We only go to Disneyland once every three years so we want to avoid larger crowds or events.

Disney Road

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Spring Break, Grad Nights & Memorial Day 2008 at Disneyland (crowds & dates quest

Here is the graph I always refer to regarding crowd levels over a calendar year:
    http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/atend.htm

Spring Breaks usually start around the Friday nearest the Vernal Equinox (3/20 or 3/21), and end the Sunday after Easter. Expect a higher concentration when these two dates are near each other.
    You know when Memorial Day is. That weekend is pretty bad. The Friday before is like a weekend day.

Dark Beer usually knows the Grad Night days first, and always posts them as soon as he finds out. Grad nights don't start until about 9 or 10 at night on weekdays, so they don't affect the parks too much, except for sleepy cast members. Grad nights happen over four or five weeks, not all at once and not after graduations.

Public Schools (not colleges) are out any time between first week in June and third week in June. A helpful guide for this is the AP blockout date calendars. Blockout dates for the SoCal and SoCal Select APs are based on when DL expects the most crowds.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Spring Break, Grad Nights & Memorial Day 2008 at Disneyland (crowds & dates quest

Ah, thanks for all that. I am also going at that exact time next year (late April through late May), although I have deliberately timed my trip to escape the US before the Memorial Day weekend. I should be in DLR around late April/early May, which seems to miss the busiest days. I'm bubbling with anticipation!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Easter Spring Break willl be most of March and maybe the first week of April this year, since Easter is early in 2008.

Here are the Grad Nites, I posted them earlier....

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...tes-77273.html

Since some folks like to plan ahead, here are the dates being offered for 2008.

Thursday, May 15th

Thursday, May 22nd

Thursday, May 29th

Thursday, June 5th

Wednesday, June 11th

Thursday, June 12th

Thursday, June 19th

The "Blast Off" pre-event in DCA will be held each night.

The May events shouldn't have any effect on regular guests, but the June events will require Disneyland to close at 9 PM, and DCA to close at 6 PM on Grad Nites, and more than likely no "Magic Mornings" (Early Entry) on June 12th.
    Disney starts to add hours right after Memorial Day Weekend, and then each week has longer hours as the month goes on, before they hit maximum hours for July and the first half of August.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    In Canada, our dates for Spring Break is earlier than most American Ones. Our version on Memorial Day (Victoria Day is the third week of May) and Grads are always late June.

But when do these events happen in the USA and how do the crowds in Disneyland get effected?

Now I know the date of Memorial Day 2008 but when is Spring Break and how does the crowds at Disneyland grow?

Also, does anyone know when Grad nights start?

We only go to Disneyland once every three years so we want to avoid larger crowds or events.
    We went this year Mothers day (Sunday-Thursday) The following week was Memorial day and right after that started Grad Night. Spring breaks usually start mid March, through April. The first 2 weeks of May are usually pretty good. Great Weather, low crowds. (Mid week Mon-Thurs) Memorial day usually begins the summer season.

My friends went the end of Spring break, Mid April and it wasn't bad. (WE have a late spring break)

have fun
    Janette