Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: What do you think is going to go to Yesterland Next???

Aladdin's Oasis.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Aladdin's Oasis.
    That's a good point Jack. Last time I went by the Oasis the CMs were really trying to get people to come in. I wonder if they were given notice by the higher-ups?

• =)

Aladdin's Oasis.
    Not even on my radar...never been inside.

• Banned User

Warner Weiss. Paging Warner Weiss...

• Live.Laugh.Love.Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Warner Weiss. Paging Warner Weiss...
    Yes, Werner what's next???!!!!
    SkItTlEs

• i FOUND nemo!!

Honey I Shrunk The Audience and Innoventions
    "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

Cool Re: What do you think is going to go to Yesterland Next???

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Golden Dreams!

Honey I Shrunk the Kids!

The Muppets!

Observatron!

Wet Marble!

Aladdin's Oasis

Seasons of the Vine!
    Oh god we can only hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Jet View Post
    Innoventions, Maliboomer, Jumpin Jellyfish, Mulholland Madness, Big Thunder Ranch. I wouldn't lose sleep if Winnie the Pooh went to Yesterland. Hey, what about things that might LEAVE Yesterland? Phantom Boats anyone?
    Innoventions as useless as it currently is is not going to Yesterland any time soon, Microsoft is going to sponsor it from now on and they are talking about adding a couple new things to actually make it futuristic lol.

1. Honey I shrunk the Audience
    2. Current Autopia cars when a contract dies to make Electric ones
    3. I HOPE TO GOD CURRENT ROCKETS are moved back where they freaken belong IN THE SKY!
    4. The Theater in DCA gets a show that is actually good.
    5. All of the useless shops and rides in Paradise pier (You know the ones I mean) which was confirmed to be GONE!
    6. Muppet's

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Nope, it's going in for extensive refurb and touch-up--quite the opposite--thanks to the efforts of Tony Baxter. Turn that frown upside down!

To quote what former black and white movie child actor Lil' Vicky told Lisa on the Simpsons: "That's a smile not an upsided down frown! Work on that, too!"

Something I wonder about is if they were to get ride of Buzz (since Toy Story Mania will most likely be a superior version of Buzz), would they restore the space to being a CircleVision 360 theatre? If they did, it wouldn't suprise me if it were Buzz again, though a Star Wars based Circle Vision film would by scarily nauseating.

Or if they were intent on keeping an omnimover attraction, would they do a new Adventure Thru Innerspace or an attraction similar to it?

• Digging to Earth's center

Nope, [Snow White dark ride is] going in for extensive refurb and touch-up--quite the opposite--thanks to the efforts of Tony Baxter. Turn that frown upside down!
    yay!!!

Innoventions, Winnie the Pooh, and...don't kill me...BLAB would all make nice additions to Yesterland.
    I rarely go into Innoventions, because it's so boring, and all it does is commercialize Best Buy and Wal-Mart material... like the new and innovative X-Box, and the futuristic music technology called the iPod! ... If only they could use this big opportunity as expanding Space Mountain!

Winnie the Pooh does blend in with Critter Country, but awkwardly, because Imagineers tried to fit a dark ride inside a tiny 1950's theater! There are only three rooms (I counted) in Winnie the Pooh, and they somehow stuffed five or six scenes into those three rooms. It'd be great if they could demolish this and the gift shop, and expand this place into an attraction.

BLAB... I love the ride, but it honestly needs to get out of Tomorrowland, I agree with you! Just because it has neon colors and space toys doesn't mean it's futuristic. If they could re-locate it, it'd do great in a third park. Because DCA doesn't have a toy-themed land. Or maybe it should just go to yesterland, because TSM! is coming out and it's better. I love BLAB, I love it a lot, but I really would rather see something futuristic to finally enter Tomorrowland!

A real Tomorrowland dark ride would do so well right there [where BLAB is now]. One in the tradition of Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, I mean, or maybe even Indy...not cheaper versions of the Fantasyland dark rides. Again, I doubt this'll happen any time soon, but I'd imagine/hope this ride will be gone long before the likes of, say, Space Mountain or the Haunted Mansion or Indy or a whole slew of older yet...well, better attractions.
    That'd be awesome!! If "exploring into the atom's inner space" isn't futuristic enough (come on, it is! Nobody's been inside an atom before!!), then maybe they could make an Indiana Jones-style ride of exploring the human body? If I was a kid and went on something like that, I'd freak out, but now that I'm older, I think it'd be pretty awesome.

We could enter the submarines (vehicles are a smaller scale than Indy's, but you enter these pods that hold eight people, and they close the glass top, so it looks like you're a pill/capsule thing, but it's a submarine)... and we see in front of us, the shrinking machine. We enter the machine full-speed, stop immediately, and see (with forced perspective/illusion) the tiny little tube that we're going to travel into.

We shrink, are pulled into the plastic tube, and enter the human body through a safe point (maybe, like Body Wars, just under the skin where no turbulance is)... and our goal is to rescue one of the scientists who got lost in the last mission and didn't come out. So we locate him/her, and maybe it could follow a similar plot to Body Wars. We enter the bloodstream, the heart, the lungs, and the brain, but to make it a little different, we could also enter the spleen/lympatic system, the digestive system, the nervous system (excluding the brain, and we could race down these nerves, and they light up when electricity courses through them, which makes the person move), etc.

Is that too gross, or is it cool?
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    DCA:
    - Paradise Pier Bay (draining 2008)
    - Paradise Pier (once TSM! opens)
    Paradise Pier Bay is having the equipment for the water show installed. That is why it will be drained. Toy Story Mania!'s facade will the start of a new Paradise Pier much richer in detail and story.

• Minion

Honey I shrunk the audience.
    Har har har

• Live.Laugh.Love.Disney.

Does Anyone know for A fact what's next?
    SkItTlEs

• Banned User

I hope it's not Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Why does everyone think it will be? They might keep it away for a while, maybe even refurbish it or redo the show again, but it's been such a perennial favorite for so long that they'd be crazy to eliminate it permanently.

I think most of what will be entering Yesterland next is in DCA, but I'm not sure that counts, actually. Things leave Disneyland and enter Yesterland. Things leave DCA and enter DDA - Disney's Defunct Adventure.

So from Disneyland, I hope Aladdin's Oasis goes bye-bye soon (and they refurb that area to bring back the Tahitian Terrace, like they should), as do the wet marble, and some of the others merlinjones mentioned. I'd also like to see BLAB moved or retired, too, but I doubt that'll be happening anytime soon. I'd like to see an all-new CircleVision 360 movie there, something that's much more futuristic and interesting. I'd also love to see a return of Adventure Thru Inner Space, albeit an updated version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast