Thread: Fairfield Inn?

• Minion

Fairfield Inn?

Any one ever stay there? Is it nice? How close is it to the park?
    Har har har

• quiet lurker :-)

Re: Fairfield Inn?

We have stayed there a couple of times and never had any major problems with it, and the little problems that we had ( I think like a shower head not working or something like that) was fixed right away.

It's by no means fancy, but the rooms we were in were always clean and housekeeping does a good job. We were able to see the fireworks from the higher up floors facing the park. It's a little bit of a walk but in my opinion not a real big deal.

We like it enough to go back in December. Hope that helped a little and you have a great trip!!
    Most recent Disneyland Trips: July '05, June '06 & '07, Oct. '07, Dec. '07
    Christmas was fun, hopefully we'll be back in February!
    AP'ers now!

• Minion

My dad gets a special government rate I guess it makes a really big difference based on the AAA price. So he wanted me to check. The beds looked comfortable in the pictures.
    Har har har

I thought they were pretty comfy, and I really liked the shades in the rooms, they are thick and you can pull them together and the room gets super dark ( I am a nerd for a good nights sleep!)

Before we stayed the first time I checked out some reviews on like Yahoo Travel or Travelocity and they were mixed, but like I said every time we stayed we have had a good experience. If nothing else it definitely fit the criteria of a decent room to come back to after a long day at the park, like I said nothing fancy tho.

I hope if you decide to stay you will have a good experience as well...
    Last edited by JadaB; 10-06-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: can't spell today!
    AP'ers now!

• no flash photography...

I have not stayed there. That hotel did make the news several months ago, because they had a bed bugs. A family had to go to the hospital I think.

While watching my local CW Network News on KTLA-5 tonight I saw a report about a woman and her son having been bit several hundred times allegedly by bed bugs. The incident occurred last August at the Fairfield Inn Marriott across the street from the DL Maingate. The woman lives in Mexico took pictures of her bites and has now filed a suit in New York instead of California for some reason.
    She called management who came to her room to discover her bleeding from her wounds and sheets covered with blood. Management says they agreed to and did pay her hospital bills but I guess she wants MORE.

Oh I forgot to add one no complimentary breakfast..I think it's so they can sucker you into going to the restaurant in the parking lot, Millies, which also happens to be their room service provider as well.
    AP'ers now!

• Minion

Thanks!
    Har har har

• For You!

I like the Fairfield - we usually stay there if we can't stay at a disney hotel. It's clean and nice.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Disneyland Bound

I was all scheduled to stay there at the end of hte month for our visit. The Fairfield had the best recent (last year) reviews of all the hotels within walking distance. It's been recently remodelled and everyone brags up the comfortable beds. I liked that it had Disneyland pictures on the walls, adding a wee bit of magic. They have a fridge, but no microwave. No breakfast, but from what I read of the other local hotels, you're not missing much- unless a danish and coffee are all you need. There is a McDonalds next door and Millie's restaurant and Pizza Hut are attached. Milley's serves young kids for free with paying adult.

The only reason I switched hotels is because my daughter was able to get us the employee rate at the Hampton a few miles away.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

My family and I stayed there in January. It was clean, and nice for the price (which I think we paid about $98 a night.) It's next to McDonalds, which was our choice for breakfast before we took the short walk across the street to the park. No bedbug problems for us! I imagine after that scare they would take extra care in cleaning the place up.

My only complaint, (which wasn't that big a deal,) was that our room faced the park and when the fireworks went off the sound bounced off the walls of the hotel and made for a very loud 15 mins. My kids are little and were already in bed when the fireworks started, so I had to assure them that bombs were NOT hitting our hotel.

• Found my prince!

I've stayed there before and never had any problems. If you check in early enough as for a room facing the park on an upper level. If your tired you can watch the fireworks from there.

• Where's Push?

I have stayed there many times. The rooms were always clean and the staff were very nice.
    Take Care,

Brenda

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    My family and I stayed there in January. It was clean, and nice for the price (which I think we paid about $98 a night.) It's next to McDonalds, which was our choice for breakfast before we took the short walk across the street to the park. No bedbug problems for us! I imagine after that scare they would take extra care in cleaning the place up.

My only complaint, (which wasn't that big a deal,) was that our room faced the park and when the fireworks went off the sound bounced off the walls of the hotel and made for a very loud 15 mins. My kids are little and were already in bed when the fireworks started, so I had to assure them that bombs were NOT hitting our hotel.
    I stayed in a hotel across the park on harbor once. We were on a middle floor and the parents were letting their kids run a muck in the room until 3am and they were up at 6am doing it again. It was horrible.

Anyway, a few years later we were staying in the hyatt, down further on harbor and I kept hearing thuds. That night with the od kids immediately came to mind. I was sitting there saying, "OMG, not again!" When my daughter asked if it could be the fireworks and it was...

The Disney fireworks are very loud!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I stayed there once...it was OK. I still prefer a resort hotel...but most would. I like the Sheraton off of Ball Road on the backside of Disneyland......