Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Our Last Disneyland Vacation

This was our last Disneyland trip as our AP's expired and we are not renewing because we are trying to move to Ohio. We got there on Friday at around 3:00 p.m. and it was nice!
    The first thing we see when we get into the park is:

Went to INDY where it 101'd:

The CM was very funny and he showed us a hidden mickey (look between the two lights in the rocks):

INDY shut down 3 different times on three different days while we were in line. Not once did we get stuck inside the ride! Oh well.

While we were loading Alice a woman and her 2 little girls were being pulled from a caterpillar in front of us and the CM's were on the phone. The lady wanted her 2 little girls to ride in the front by themselves and the CM said no. She was arguing and then off we went. Right when we got to the Cheshire cat with the clouds the ride stopped and the lights came on:

We asked the CM what happened and sure enough while the ride was going that lady picked up one of the girls from the back seat and placed her in the front seat. I wonder if they kicked her out?

Here are some more photos from our trip:

We were the only ones on Pirates so I snagged these once in a lifetime shots:

The only other thing that happened that was a little annoying was that when we were walking on to Monster's Inc. there was a baby probably a little over 1 year old just standing there all alone. I picked her up and looked around and there were no adults anywhere. About 2 minutes later later her mom comes over smiles and says "thanks". My hubby and I were so bothered by the fact that the mom didn't seem upset at all about the fact that she had just lost her child. She came over from where they do the stage show so it's not like the little girl was close to where the rest of their family was. I would have been frantic!!!!!!!

Overall it was a great trip and we will really miss this Magical place!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Re: Our Last Disneyland Vacation

Thanks for the report! Your pictures are fantastic....
    I can't believe the parents of that baby you picked up.. some people just have no brains.... they are lucky a nice person like you picked up their baby and not some pedophile freak...
    <3 Chloe

• Senior Minion

Love the interesting views through your camera, really nicely done.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Disneyland Bound

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

And boo on stupid parents.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Amazing pictures!

Thanks a ton DD!

• =)

Wow, Indy's really been feeling under the weather lately...someone get that attraction into emergency refurb, stat!

Anyway, nice photos. I'm so sorry to hear that this'll be your last trip for a while!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

fun fun fun fun fun fun pictures. LOVED THEM!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

That poor kid. I'm very glad that you waited for the mother!

Nice trip report! Glad you shared your pictures they were neat!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Wow. That sounded bizzare. And also pretty dumb that she attempted to move the kids while the ride was going. Did she think that no one would notice when they exited?

Anyway...I hope you had a fun trip. Great photos!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Great pictures and thanks for the hidden mickey on Indy -- I take it that it is somewhere in the queue?

Odd woman on Alice - I hope she was removed from the park or at least put in a time out!

As for the parent, I guess the bright side is that she didn't come up to you screaming that you had taken the child or give you an attitude for just standing there instead of looking for her! Count me as one who would have been frantic!! Just tonight we were at a mall waiting for seating at Rainforest Cafe. We have a 3 year old and a 9 year old. Somehow TWICE while we waited, we lost each of them. The 9 year old was oblivious to having been lost and the 3 year old got lost by running out of the gift shop area and over to the long wall where the big butterflies move around the first time and the complete other direction the second time. Total case of mom & dad thinking the other one was keeping an eye on things. And yes, I was frantic and so was dad!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

I hate it when I see people break the rules at Disneyland. On our last trip (7/10) my daughter and I were on Splash Mountain. The ride has been feeling under the weather that day (a cold it gave to Indy no doubt) and was having technical difficulty. The ride stopped on one of the big inclines (the one with the owl). We were about half way up. The lights came on and a voice said, "Please remain seated a cast member will be by to help you shortly." The woman in front of us stood up said, "I'm not waiting here--this could be hours." Her male companion, looking embarrassed, sheepishly followed her. And away they went, down some stairs into backstage. My daughter (she's 11) and I immediately had a conversation about how you never never never never get out of the ride and walk around. That can be really dangerous. If that lady had slipped on the WET LOG and fallen, she could lose a leg. When the cast member did come by (oh it was like 3 minutes) we told them that the couple had left--ohhh they were in a tizzy. They couldn't find them. We saw them later and it was everything i could do to keep my daughter from scolding them right then and there. Hey-- we waited and go a fast pass for any ride in the park (except Nemo). We judiciously used our for Indy (maybe that's how it caught the cold?). People are dumb.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

The conversation that we had with our six year old sounds similar to the one you had with your 11 year old. If the parents break the rules then what do you think the kids will do?

As far as the baby goes I'm just glad that it turned out ok and the little girl was safely returned to her mom.
    Foolish Mortal

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

It looks like you had a great trip, although you continued to run into people who checked their brains at the gate. I am sorry to hear that you are going to leave AZ and got to Ohio. I wish you well and cannot wait for the Ohio trip reports.

• Imaginative Possibilities

Great trip...yeah I dont understand why, parents feel they can get away with things as soon as the ride starts...there are cameras...duh! Also I hope your flash was off during those pictures of Aladdin...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Haunted Mansion Lover

No flash at all during Aladdin! I love our new camera!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast