• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Disneyland's Star on Hollywood Blvd.

Yesterday I went into Hollywood and viewed the ceremony which awarded a special recognition star to Disneyland. If you would like to read about my experience and see some of the pictures I took there, here is a link to my blog site. It is best viewed using Internet Explorer.

http://irenestuff.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Re: Disneyland's Star on Hollywood Blvd.

thats so cool!! thanks so much for posting that, i wish i could have been there!!

• Custom User Title

Thank you.

Did you stop by the Soda Fountain and Studio Store? How was it?

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerrific
    Thank you.

Did you stop by the Soda Fountain and Studio Store? How was it?

Yes. I was in the right place at the right time. After the ceremony and press cleared out they began letting the people in who were part of the special package deal. Turns out, down by the El Capitan there was a line of people. I thought they were being held there and that they were going to see Herbie. So I was at the other end of the street with a group waiting to get in. A man from the soda store came by and announced we all had to go around to that other line. One lady (God bless her) spoke up and said we had all been there since 7 AM and had no idea the line was forming over there. This nice employee allowed our small group in and we went in right behind the package group people. (By the way, they didn't have seats ... just priority standing and I was right behind them and saw what they saw. To the side, not in front. The front is for the press )

Anyway, I got to take a photo of the star and go into the store and get a pin commerating this event. I sat at the counter and ordered the grilled cheese (of which I took a picture which is on my blog) and a scoop of Rocky Road ice cream which was really, really good. If you want to see really good pictures of this event, stop by MousePlanet as they have some good photos up. You will notice I have the same photo of the girl holding up the Mickey's Sorcerors Hat only from a different angle. Also, as I was waiting at the counter and looking around who should be sitting at a table only a few feet from me but the honorary mayor of Hollywood, Johnny Grant.

It was a good day. My brother, Lost Boy, comments that some of the pictures on my blog covered my first paragraph. I don't see that when I view it, so I apologize if it doesn't come out right for you. I will try to go in and edit them, but I promise nothing.