Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Bound

Guess where I'll be three weeks from tonight?!

I'm trying to plan our vacation/park itinerary to make a written/visual schedule for my son (very important as he's autistic). He can deal with a lot if he knows most of what's going on, so I'm trying to plan for the shows and such. We'll be at the park from Sat mid-afternoon till near closing, and most of Sunday and then again on Tuesday (27th,28th & 30th)- capping off the trip with Mickey's Halloween Treat.

My questions are:
    1) Is the Parade of Dreams just as good in the afternoon as the evening- or do you miss out on the light effects during the afternoon?
    2)How long do Fantasmic, Parade of Dreams and Dreams Come True Fireworks each last?
    3)If you had to sacrifice one of the above due to tired kids or lack of time, which would be best to give up?
    4)Just what is Golden Screams? The link I've been clicking on takes me to Fantasmic instead. Is it a must see?
    5)Fantasmic and the fireworks are scheduled close together. Are they viewable from the same location, so you can just stay put and see both?
    6)How is the Goofy's Kitchen character dinner buffet? We get a huge free breakfast at the hotel we're at, so I'd rather splurge for a character meal later in the day. Am I/hubby/kids missing out if we don't do a character meal? (It's our first and likely only family trip to Disneyland)
    7)We're going to Sea World in San Diego on Monday. Is it anywhere near a nice family beach so my kids can wade in the ocean?
    8)What time does it get dark in CA at the very end of October?
    9)It supposedly only takes 15 minutes to get from our hotel to the park. (Hampton Inn is about 8 miles away-no shuttle) But how long will it take to find parking once we're there? And once we're parked, how long a walk to the park itself?
    10)Are there toll booths or any surprise costs like that in CA?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'd appreciate any and all answers!

• Minion

Re: Guess where I'll be three weeks from tonight?!

1. I like the parade better later on theres just something about it I like better.
    2.I don't know.
    3.Parade of dreams.
    4.Never been myself.
    5.I think. I don't see why not.
    6.Goofys kitchen was gross! When I went there, but that was like 2 years ago.
    7.I don't know.
    8.Like 7:00
    9.Don't know
    10. Read above!
    Har har har

• Disneyland Bound

Ha ha, thanks garbear!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Your Questions
    My questions are:
    1) is the Parade of Dreams just as good in the afternoon as the evening- or do you miss out on the light effects during the afternoon?

2) How long do Fantasmic, Parade of Dreams and Dreams Come True Fireworks each last?

3) If you had to sacrifice one of the above due to tired kids or lack of time, which would be best to give up?

4) Just what is Golden Screams? The link I've been clicking on takes me to Fantasmic instead. Is it a must see?

5)Fantasmic and the fireworks are scheduled close together. Are they viewable from the same location, so you can just stay put and see both
    6)how is the Goofy's Kitchen character dinner buffet? We get a huge free breakfast at the hotel we're at, so I'd rather splurge for a character meal later in the day. Are I/hubby/kids missing out if we don't do a character meal? (It's our first and likely only family trip to Disneyland

7)we’re going to Sea World in San Diego on Monday. Is it anywhere near a nice family beach so my kids can wade in the ocean?

8)what time does it get dark in CA at the very end of October?

9)it supposedly only takes 15 minutes to get from our hotel to the park. (Hampton Inn is about 8 miles away-no shuttle) But how long will it take to find parking once we're there? And once we're parked, how long a walk to the park itself?

10)are there toll booths or any surprise costs like that in CA?

My answer
    1: parade I like the both, tips is afternoon (3:30) start at its small world and Evening (6:30 pm) start at Main Street.

2: Fantanmic is about 25 min long only play Sat: 9:00pm and 10:30pm - Sunday 9:00 pm remember Dreams come true Fireworks (first timer) need to see from main street. Get view of Castle and Matterhorn Mountain. Only Fri: - sat approx. 9:25 pm. you can say about 15- 20 min long.

3: hard to say First timer

4: Golden Screams is base on the evil and the reward in the golden Screams cast member test kids outside to find the best Screams. A lot yelling and screams show and evil film clips.

5: you can but not the best place. See answer 2:

6: I eat at home for breakfast. Have not tried it

7: Here in orange country? Or San Diego Here Orange country my home town beach are good (Laguna Beach)

8: I do not remember when the time change. Now is about 7:00 – 7:30 pm went time change is around 5:00 pm

9: depend on what time you get there and what park lot you park at.

10: hwy 73, 241, 261 and I think park of the 91 are southern California toll roads
    Last edited by akfandisney; 10-06-2007 at 09:00 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'll just tackle one of these.

A family friendly beach near Sea World? Most definitely. There's Pacific Beach and Mission Beach. MB is closer to Sea World (I believe), and has a great older wood coaster (plus a few other assorted rides) there, too.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Disney World! oh, maybe I should have read the entire post. I'm jealous, have fun!

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by lil lisa View Post
    9)It supposedly only takes 15 minutes to get from our hotel to the park. (Hampton Inn is about 8 miles away-no shuttle) But how long will it take to find parking once we're there? And once we're parked, how long a walk to the park itself?

As for #9, Mickey and Friends is usually a quick parking process. I used it when we went back in August (and the parks were very busy). The process was pretty quick. Just follow the CMs, their directions, and the many many pylons. If you're not familiar with the process, you drive into the garage toll plaza and you follow the path made of pylons up to the parking levels until you eventually are going along the west side of the level going south until you reach the CM who directs you into the aisle. The cars park in diagonal spots that look like one long spot. The cars are parked in two waves. Wave 1 moves all the way down the aisle into the last available empty spot and pulls all the way foward. Wave 2 does the same thing, except they pull up behind the cars from wave 1. Hope that makes sense.

In the morning, it's usually safe just to walk across the parking aisles since there is no new traffic coming into aisles already full of parked cars. You will go down the escalators to the Tram Stop (referred as by Micechatters as Tramzillas). The tram will take you to Downtown Disney.

Getting out at night is fairly easy, but just be aware of where you want to go and where you're actually going. THere is a carpool lane ramp that feeds I-5. Coming out onto Disneyland Dr, know what lane you're in!! The 2 lanes on the far left allow you to turn left on Ball Rd with the left most turn lane allowing U-turns onto southbound Disneyland Dr. The two furthest right lanes allow you to turn right onto Ball Rd and the middle lanes are you can go straight to I-5.

In regards to #10, the toll roads are notated on the signage and the Riverside Freeway section of the 91 has toll LANES. You probably won't have any trouble getting on one by accident since the freeway signage says Toll Road on it.

• Merry 2014!

My questions are:
    3)If you had to sacrifice one of the above due to tired kids or lack of time, which would be best to give up?
    5)Fantasmic and the fireworks are scheduled close together. Are they viewable from the same location, so you can just stay put and see both?
    6)How is the Goofy's Kitchen character dinner buffet? We get a huge free breakfast at the hotel we're at, so I'd rather splurge for a character meal later in the day. Am I/hubby/kids missing out if we don't do a character meal? (It's our first and likely only family trip to Disneyland)
    Answer to question 3: I don't know if I could leave one day out but if so I would take it very leisurely the last day. on the other days try to take a good break sometime during the day. Like on Sunday take off some time in the afternoon. If you can go back to the hotel and rest or swim. If you can't then go outside of the park into Downtown Disney or the Disney Hotel just to change the pace. Pacing is the best way to go. Stop, sit on some benches and just take in the atmosphere for a while in the Hub or in the garden section of New Orleans Square. If the Golden horeshoe review is running do that as it is inside away form the hustle of the rest of the park.
    Ii know it maybe hard to do but in the long run you and the kids will have a better time than trying to run around doing absolutley everything. Be aware that there will be other little performances in various places in the park that are very enjoyable too but you won't know until you get the daily park schedule.

Question 5: You'll need to see each on a different day. Make sure you get there pretty early to claim a spot. Especially on Saturday. Keep in mind that whatever you choose you will kind of be "stuck" in that area while people leave. I always wait a good bit of time before going to other parts of the park to avoid the huge surge to get out of the park. Also the park thins a abit after these shows and it is a great time to get in some rides and experience the park in a more peaceful time.

Question 6: I did not like the dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at all. I prefer the breakfasts. There is one at the Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian that was really good. It was a while ago that I visited but it was good. The characters were, at that time, Chip and Dale, Goofy, and Donald Duck. A breakfast buffet is great for character interaction. So I would go with the expectation of mediocre food but fantastic memories.

Question 8: When I have visited in October it was dark by 6:15 or so.

Question 9: In my experience it was a long walk from the parking structure to the park. A good 20 minutes.

• Disneyland Bound

Thanks everybody. The info is appreciated!

• Banned User

Lisa!! good to see you!! I can not wait to see how much fun you had, this is going to be an awsome time for the kids! make sure to take oodles of pics, I can not wait to se your report!!!!!

• Disneyland Bound

I just got a new camera for my early birthday present, Karla. I'm psyched!

• Banned User

I just got a new camera for my early birthday present, Karla. I'm psyched!
    ohhhh then there is no excues not to take tons of pics!! ( and me steal a few ok
    I love night shots, and take pics of your room, I want to see the whole motel so when I go I can see if I like where you are staying oh and the surrounding erea, I am big on seeing whats going on around the motel
    Ca you take a few night shots of haunted mansion, and of tot, and so forth? I love night shots, can not get enough of them!
    Lisa, I am so glad you are going and going to have so much fun. let me know how the boy does, we are all going down next year and I want know how the young one handles the stimulation and noises.

• Disneyland Bound

You can bet I'll be taking pics of every moment and a few short videos too. I'm the same way, Karla, I want to see what the rooms look like, the eating areas, the pool, where ever we might spend quality time. What's the neighborhood like, etc.

I'll e-mail ya copies of the itinerary/schedule I'm doing for Joey (and the rest of us). I think I'm going to try Ride-Max too, print out a few different possible itineraries and I'll let you know how much we do or don't use it.

I'll probably have the longest trip report this board has ever seen. Beware my picture taking obsession and lengthy trip details!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. The kids are nervous about flying, but are getting pretty hyped up about it too.

• Banned User

You can bet I'll be taking pics of every moment and a few short videos too. I'm the same way, Karla, I want to see what the rooms look like, the eating areas, the pool, where ever we might spend quality time. What's the neighborhood like, etc.

I'll e-mail ya copies of the itinerary/schedule I'm doing for Joey (and the rest of us). I think I'm going to try Ride-Max too, print out a few different possible itineraries and I'll let you know how much we do or don't use it.

I'll probably have the longest trip report this board has ever seen. Beware my picture taking obsession and lengthy trip details!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. The kids are nervous about flying, but are getting pretty hyped up about it too.
    Oh man I can hardly wait! your pictures are always awsome, I can imagine the new camera will be amazing.
    I can not wait to see joeys face, so take pics of all the firsts ok. first time on the plane, first time in the park etc. I look forward to the itinerary, I need to know what I will look forward to with Beau when we go. His first time almost 3 years ago was not good. He did not deal with the loud sounds, the crowds etc. This next year we are going when the park is at its lowest. we will miss some rides, but we also need to go with less traffic,noise, and confusion.
    Beau loves to fly, he sits so still and really takes it all in. when we went to cap cod when he was 3 he was amazing. he was also great going to disneyland, just not in the park I am hoping next time we go he will be more apt to be calm.
    We are saving up now for our big trip, I want to make it 7 to 10 days this next time. so we can really take our time, and see everything !

• Banned User

I'm trying to plan our vacation/park itinerary to make a written/visual schedule for my son (very important as he's autistic). He can deal with a lot if he knows most of what's going on, so I'm trying to plan for the shows and such. We'll be at the park from Sat mid-afternoon till near closing, and most of Sunday and then again on Tuesday (27th,28th & 30th)- capping off the trip with Mickey's Halloween Treat.

My questions are:
    1) Is the Parade of Dreams just as good in the afternoon as the evening- or do you miss out on the light effects during the afternoon?
    I liked the parades during the day best
    2)How long do Fantasmic, Parade of Dreams and Dreams Come True Fireworks each last?
    3)If you had to sacrifice one of the above due to tired kids or lack of time, which would be best to give up? Parade of dreams... but you can see it in the afternoon so thats not an option... I would see the fire works, and I loved fantasmic. 4)Just what is Golden Screams? The link I've been clicking on takes me to Fantasmic instead. Is it a must see?
    6)How is the Goofy's Kitchen character dinner buffet? We get a huge free breakfast at the hotel we're at, so I'd rather splurge for a character meal later in the day. Am I/hubby/kids missing out if we don't do a character meal? (It's our first and likely only family trip to Disneyland) I loved goofys kitchen, but its soooo expensive. eat the huge breakfast at the motel, the breakfast at goofys is nice but its just food! its best to have an afternoon meal someplace else.
    7)We're going to Sea World in San Diego on Monday. Is it anywhere near a nice family beach so my kids can wade in the ocean?
    9)It supposedly only takes 15 minutes to get from our hotel to the park. (Hampton Inn is about 8 miles away-no shuttle) But how long will it take to find parking once we're there? And once we're parked, how long a walk to the park itself? oye I do not know but I would say give your self an hour or hour and a half.

its good you are asking these now, that way you will not be suprised when you get there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast