Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Mission completed! Yes you can be productive at the parks...10/6

I had planned on doing a full picture trip report but can't do that until my disposable camera gets developed (after tonight, so then probably Wednesday?). I wanted to post this just because it's funny and maybe I will end up posting the candid/random pictures later.

Anyhoo... I make my own Christmas/Hannukah gifts, been doing it for years, and this year I am behind (I think because I am trying to make bigger things for people instead of little things that take me 2 hours to knit.). So yesterday my dad was like "if you plan to finish you can't waste a day at Disneyland." I had to prove him wrong. I forgot my knitting needles, but bought some at Joann's, just the cheap little kids ones (which are plastic and super slippery! Don't like them...) and was on a mission: start and finish a project at Disneyland.
    Rules:
    -Something simple (not a sweater or sock.)
    -going to ride rides (it'd be easy to sit and knit in Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.)
    -be active in the park (again no sitting and putzing.)
    -do everything tourists would do.

We got to Disneyland at 11:30. My friend (in the picture) had to buy an annual pass (she splurged and bought the fancy dancy big pass because she rationalized that last year I did all my lesson plans at the park, she could study). I casted on while my friend was getting her pass. We road "It's a Small World" after we discovered the 2 hours wait for Nemo. After trying to get through the park to Pirates we realized "DCA!"

In DCA...
    We first went to the candy store for sugar. We headed to the Sunshine Plaza.
    Here's us:

Note the knit in the taller ones hands. Yeah that's me. And look at the HORRIBLE ROTTEN red knitting needles. I had so many issues with them because they were so slick the stitches would keep falling off and I kept dropping stiches. I was sooooo pissed at those needles.I never drop stitches! Here because of those needles I was dropping like a row when I put knitting gently in my purse.
    Rides we road:
    -Monsters Inc (knit on that)
    -Screamin' (tried to take a picture of me knitting on the ride, kinda' like those pictures where people are playing chess on rollercoasters. Didn't work out so well because Screamin's weird high up car thing.).
    -Maliboomer (no knitting on that)
    -Mulhuland (sp? Again knitting in line)
    -Grizzly River Run

Sights we saw:
    -HSM2's parade
    -the whole Sunshine Plaza thing.
    -PUSH! Jill was like "that's the most random thing ever, but that's your favorite thing here." Yes, yes it was.
    -End of Block Party

We bought mouse ears because Jill didn't have a pair. We nerded it up with the camera and the mouse ears.

We went to the Cove Bar around 4ish and OH MY GOD it was crowded! We founded a great a great table it just took a long time. Between us and the bar there was a giant group, the Ariel Merman, who apparently meet up every Friday. John, the guy with the "8 1/2" shirt, was so funny and nice and then his friend (didn't catch his name), asked us "gay or straight?" Straight. Asked us if we knew what this weekend was, yes (Jill didn't know until Harbor and Katella when I told her "there's going to be a bunch of cute guys today. They're not all Angels or Red Soxs fans.") So the guy was like "good girls" They were a lot of fun, but the bar was PACKED! They had a line for people to get in after we left because it was so packed. We left a really good tip though because we felt bad.

We had dinner at Taste Pilots. I ended up finishing the knit at Anne Gedde's while Jill was getting something for her sister and mom.

A washcloth for my cousin (he's getting 7 and I am going to duplicate stitch or use that spray silkscreen to put his favorite movies on each. I was going to do it with a knit/purl illusion knitting method but... learned that I couldn't prop open my sketch book/pattern book if I wanted to knit at Disneyland. But it's supposed to look like mummy bandages because one of his favorite movies is "The Mummy."). Oh! And because of the needles I kept dropping stitches (I forgot my crochet hook too), stitches kept falling off the needles and I had to keep putting them back on thus my tension was a total mess.

But I did it. I finished a project at Disneyland.

• Directly directed

Re: Mission completed! Yes you can be productive at the parks...10/6

That's impressive!

• Banned User

Hey, thats cool, I wish I had the patience ,good for you, I can not wait to see some of your handi work oh and the candy corn pic, thats soooo adorable!!!

way rad
    Yeah its sometimes easy to finish projects if you can do it easily
    My brother and i sometimes write scripts or screenplays to our movies while waiting in lines! like we discuss and write down ideas on either my iphone or a notebook we had brought! we just sit and discuss characters or where we want the story to go and its amazing cause we do it so often its second nature to do both rides, lines and brainstorming at the same time

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Great job getting something productive done while at the park! I am anxiously awaiting the rest of the pictures!!
    <3 Chloe

• Imaginative Possibilities

thats skill...I can't knit, i can weave though...well in traffic anyways
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    thats skill...I can't knit, i can weave though...well in traffic anyways
    I can knit, but I have to watch what I'm doing. I would not be paying attention to anyhting on the ride if I was kitting. The lines wouldn't matter as much. My grandmother could knit without even looking at it. She could watch TV and carry on conversations. I would so screw up if I did that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I can knit, but I have to watch what I'm doing. I would not be paying attention to anyhting on the ride if I was kitting. The lines wouldn't matter as much. My grandmother could knit without even looking at it. She could watch TV and carry on conversations. I would so screw up if I did that.
    I learned how to knit in a knitting circle, which means lots and lots and lots of conversation, some wine... so now I can't sit quietly and knit if it's plain knitting or even things like ribbing, sock knitting, cabling, etc. The only place I can't knit is if someone is driving on the hill (330 or 18, you know super curvy roads.), I apparently get car sick. At Vanguard I used to knit all the time in church because it was the only way I could pay attention to service.... actually that's probably really bad to admit.

Soul- I wrote part of my Nanowrimo novel last year at the park, in Small World when it was Christmas-set up. The Mexico part found a part in my novel.

I am going to finish the camera today, so yeah "how to knit at the parks and still have fun" tutorial along with "Jill's first trip to DCA!"

I wonder how many people have knitted at the park? I bet you are one of a very small group!! Congrats on being productive and not staying home!

And I did Nanowrimo last year but it was strictly at my desk. I had a hard enough time concentrating without distractions. . . Haven't decided if I'm going to do a repeat this year. . .

• Senior Minion

Knitting in the park ... pretty impressive. Good to see you enjoyed yourself, even though the park was crowded.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Knever kould I knit. Kno knecessary knatural kompetency. Kneed knacent know-how, karefully knurtured; kno 'knack', knoticeably.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Knever kould I knit. Kno knecessary knatural kompetency. Kneed knacent know-how, karefully knurtured; kno 'knack', knoticeably.
    Knucklehead.
    Chad

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Knucklehead.
    Chad
    Knincompoop.

Knotably knice knarrative, knittingknerd!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I had to read your posts over a few times Mr. Swab. I was like "Ack!" Nerd has a silent K... (okay my posting name is just Kim making fun of the silent k in knit. I don't get silent ks! We aren't silent!)

Knitting isn't that hard. Just like anything it takes patience to learn. And then once you learn you take it with you to the doctor's office, the metrolink, gradually moving to louder settings. And once you sit in a knitting circle with people arguing and getting very heated knitting on a ride is nothing. Besides guys who knit are cool. I think that's awesome

Jill called me up and asked if I am going to try sewing at the parks. I could! My sewing machine is tiny enough where I could do it in random spots.

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome job Knitting Knerd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast