Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Finding Nemo Sub Ride Official!

The thing underneath the cloth was a plaque to be given to Neil Armstrong...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

LOL I never realized this. Look at the O very closely on this picture: http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/28483723-M.jpg

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Can someone tell me what link to click on so I can see darkbeers photos of the submarine voyage?

Here's that link for you http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/661350/4/28483721
    As for an idea about the attraction... Wouldn't it be kool if the pelican was perched on a rock near the edge of the lagoon somewhere and he talked to the guests somewhat like the old barker bird in Adventureland? maybe more interactive though. I dunno just an idea, I could see the crown control issues already though. I think I remember hearing somehwere all the seaguls would be perched somewhere in the middle of the lagoon chanting their classic "mine! mine!"
    Last edited by rytheguy; 07-15-2005 at 01:58 PM.

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Finding Nemo Sub Ride Official!

I love that little submarine they have in the "O." That is a great deacoration they have up on the board- it gets me PUMPED UP!!

Now if Cynthia was still in charge, there probablly still would have been an empty sub lagoon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

rytheguy thanks for giving me the link. Ireally appreciate it. PS Why were Cynthia Harris and Pressler at Disneyland for the Space Mountain opening? I don't remember them doing any good while they were in charge of Disneyland!

• Minion

If im not mistaken Space mountain was actually approved during their reign at Disneyland...However Im not 100 percent sure

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Cynthia Harriss ws NOT at the event today, the first young lady at the Space Mountain Function was one of the 2 Disneyland Resort Spokespersons..
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Launch sequence engaged

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy
    I think I remember hearing somehwere all the seaguls would be perched somewhere in the middle of the lagoon chanting their classic "mine! mine!"
    I would LOVE to see that. I don't think it would cause much logistical issues like the Barker bird did, after all, they only have one word in their vocabulary. In my opinion, having those seagulls perched on a rock would seem to be a huge draw for the ride (not saying it won't pull in people already).

Call it a mini-"weenie" if you will.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

The question is, with the name Submarine Voyage, will it be in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• They wanna know, HO!

I can't wait to see the end result!
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    The question is, with the name Submarine Voyage, will it be in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland?
    Yes.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    OK... my previous post was unfair. I'm sure it will remain in Tomorrowland, especially if the queue is directly below the Monorail queue. It's an old debate as to why the subs are in Tomorrowland... but the are.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy
    As for an idea about the attraction... Wouldn't it be kool if the pelican was perched on a rock near the edge of the lagoon somewhere and he talked to the guests somewhat like the old barker bird in Adventureland? maybe more interactive though. I dunno just an idea, I could see the crown control issues already though. I think I remember hearing somehwere all the seaguls would be perched somewhere in the middle of the lagoon chanting their classic "mine! mine!"
    Cool idea, but how about the pelican chatting with guests while waiting in line for the attraction? That way, guests will be entertained while waiting in line, but won't hang around forever, because they'd want to keep moving to see the attraction?
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Cynthia Harriss ws NOT at the event today, the first young lady at the Space Mountain Function was one of the 2 Disneyland Resort Spokespersons..
    I thought she was the ambassador for Disneyland. Hmmm. Oh well. Her name is Becky something. Saw her the other day. She was out in front of Market Place filming something that I assume had something to do with Matt's window. At least that's what the cue cards said!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast