Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Advice

Hotel Advice

Sorry to bother everyone with this question, but I am heading to the DLR later this week. I booked a cheap room at the Travelodge, but I have just found a great deal on Hotwire for a 3.5 star Hotel in the Disneyland South Area of the map.

The hotel charges a $10 resort fee and is normally listed at 139 per night. Any guess as to what it may be... and should I just get it anyway to avoid the Travelodge at the Park?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Hotel Advice

I recommend checking out www.biddingfortravel.com to see what people are paying using Priceline name your own price. We usually end up getting a 3* hotel for around $50.

Through Hotwire you might be getting the Crowne Plaza as they have a $10 resort fee. This is one of the hotels that we usually get for $50 through priceline.

Awesome... I got the Hilton for 50 bucks. Im happy. Its the same price I would have payed for the yucky Travelodge.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Hotel Advice

I have a similiar question about the Disneyland Hotel but am curous if any one knows were to get a better price than what is listed on the DLR web page. My second question is regarding Paredise Pier, it seemed to get a lot of good guest reviews when compared with the Californian. Is it worth it to stay at the Paredise Pier, or better to just stay at an offsite hotel

• Minion

Wow! That's a great price. What are your dates? We leave tomorrow and are paying $74 a night for the Hilton. Still a good deal but not as good as yours!

My dates are for wednesday and thursday night. Im somehat worried that the Hotel didn't get good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I guess it cant be worse than the Travelodge for the same price.

• Minion

I was worried about tripadvisor too. I asked for some reviews from people here at Micechat. I got a lot of positive feedback. Here is that thread:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ghlight=hilton

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I have a similiar question about the Disneyland Hotel but am curous if any one knows were to get a better price than what is listed on the DLR web page. My second question is regarding Paredise Pier, it seemed to get a lot of good guest reviews when compared with the Californian. Is it worth it to stay at the Paredise Pier, or better to just stay at an offsite hotel

Don't go by what the website says. It's always best to call and talk to a real person.

We just got back from a stay at the PPH, and had the AP rate of $129. Plus, upon check-in, they discovered that we were there for a special occassion and upgraded us to the Concierge level with a full view of DCA.

I'll include all of the details and some photo's when I complete my trip report later tonight.

Oh, and as far as the constant whining that we hear about the PPH being "so far away" from the Park, we decided to time our walk from the Hotels' rear entrance and the Monorail Station. Four minutes and ten seconds. And that is with four kids (actually, WE slowed the kids down!) and my wife has had major foot and knee surgery, so we weren't running at a fast pace.

In the overall scheme of things, walking a grand total of about 4 minutes and ten seconds to the hotel should be a no-brainer...

As far as being "worth it", only you can decide that for yourself. You know your budget and your needs better than me.

For our family, staying at the PPH or the DLH is very much "worth it".

Enjoy!

• Minion

betterbidding.com they find out everything what are the amenities?
    Har har har

• Minion

Orange County (Anaheim - Disneyland South)
    3.5* Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim-Garden Grove (previously 3*)
    Customer Favorite
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Laundry
    (VP now showing: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Launddry)

3.5* Embassy Suites (this listing is believed accurate, but awaiting user confirmation)
    Amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Business

3.5* Hilton
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Tennis, Business
    (same as Hyatt Regency)
    or
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business

3.5* Hilton Suites REVIEW (Disney SOUTH)
    Amenities: Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Kitchenette, Business
    (VP also now showing Hi-Speed Internet)

3.5* Hyatt Regency
    Customer Favorite
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis

3* Doubletree
    Customer Favorite
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Tennis
    (VP no longer shows Tennis... but is now showing Hi-Speed Internet)

3* Hawthorn Suites
    Amenities: Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Kitchenette, Golf, Business, Laundry

3* Holiday Inn Anaheim (Manchester Ave)
    Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Tennis, Laundry

2.5* Holiday Inn Express Garden Grove
    Amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry
    Har har har

• Must Ride Space Mountain

Blog Entries

I hate to do this but priceline it. We use to go so much. We would first check all the Hotel websites and see what they were going for then go on priceline and under cut the price. True we usually get the Hilton but hey 50 bucks a night on the weekend ain't bad is it. Once we got Marriot Suite's for 80.

Make sure you say 3 star plus hotel Disneyland area. Do not do anything else!!!! Also Make sure you check like expedia, hotels.com and other website's like that to get an idea of what the going rate is. Then do priceline. They will also tell you what the going rate of the hotels are in the area. After that you place your bid. Meditate or pray whatever you do and bam, your hotel will pop up.

Another really good hotel I love is Park Vue Inn. The place is directly across the street. I went to school with the manager. He gives really good rates to Disney fans and you get breakfast (at least we use too, haven't been in a while). We are planning on staying there two days before New Years and then New Years eve at the DLR.

Have fun.
    I know you, I walked with you once apon a dream. See ya at the park! BFA. (Black Family Alert).

• Minion

Um, guys, he already did hotwire and got the Hilton. Check out post #3.

i actually got the Hilton Through Priceline on my 3rd attempt.

My first offer was 40 and they rejected.

I added 2.5 stars and upped my bid to 45 and got rejected.

Then I added Newport Beach and upped to 50 and got accepted at the Anaheim Hilton saying I was "upgraded to 2.5 stars"

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBoySC99 View Post
    i actually got the Hilton Through Priceline on my 3rd attempt.

My first offer was 40 and they rejected.

I added 2.5 stars and upped my bid to 45 and got rejected.

Then I added Newport Beach and upped to 50 and got accepted at the Anaheim Hilton saying I was "upgraded to 2.5 stars"
    May I ask how much is the total with taxes and fees?

120 for 2 nights. not bad at all considering the travelodge was going to charge 45 a night plus tax and fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast