Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Shenanigans.

My first MiceChat meet

Hello,

My name is David and I will be two years old next month, my parents are AP holders and as you can imagine my Dad is pretty into Disneyland. Ever since I can remember I have been going to the park on weekends just to hang out. As you may have noticed I have advanced verbal and typing skills for a child my age and so I decided to document my first ever Mice Chat Meet. I also don’t poop or pee in my pants which makes mommy pret-ty happy.

Here I am with my Mommy and Daddy on what I think is my second visit to the happiest place on earth. Don't I look like I am having fun?

This is me about a year and a half later on the Lilly Belle.

Now that I have introduced myself and you all know a little more about me, and you know I have been going to Disneyland every week for most of my life, I guess you might better understand how I ended up at a Mice Chat meet.

My Dad is somewhat of a closeted Disney weirdo (he does his best to be low profile but I think everyone knows), and he has been reading different Disney sites for a long time. He decided that since we are in the park every Sunday anyway, it might be fun to check out the “Scene” and see what a “meet” is all about. What better way to kick things off than one of the biggest meets of the year? Gay Days! So now that you know the back story, the stage is set for my first “meet”. Permanecer sentados por favor.

We arrived on Saturday promptly at 10:06am; the first thing that struck us was how many people were already congregating in Magnolia Gardens. At this point I think my Dad was ready to chicken out and just hop a raft over to Tom Sawyer’s Island, luckily I was there and I assured him he could hide behind me.

We walked up together and stood around for no more than 35 seconds before we were greeted by FishBulb. I liked this guy! He made us feel very welcome AND he gave me bubbles. He quickly introduced us to many friendly and welcoming faces (despite my typing ability I am still pretty bad with names).
    We got our name tags and magnets from Rixter, and thanked Dusty for being encouraging on the boards, another case of mice chatters that seemed to go out of there way to make us feel welcome.

With name badges on, we were on our way to set sail on the Mark Twain. It was about this time that I spilled the bubbles all over my dad, just a small precursor of what I had in store for the rest of our weekend.

On the Mark Twain we had the opportunity to chat with even more incredible people.

Again Fishbulb goes out of his way to get to know me better.

As we disembarked (told you I had an advanced vocabulary for a 2 year old) the Mark Twain, we noticed another crew about to set sail, we waived and wished them well on their voyage.

It was about this time that my brilliant father realized two things, one, the camera battery was dying (good work pop) two, I liked the mice chatters very much, but I was not going on Pirates with them (this day). I am still a little young to do ANYTHING other than what I feel like doing and I helped my dad to understand this by repeating "Tiki Room" over and over and over and over again. The mice chat crew headed for pirates and I headed to the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki room.

I love this place because the birds sing words and the flowers croon.

After our Dole whip and sing along, we met the group at the hub for a group photo. It was here where I made my Dad aware that it was going to be my way or the highway. I needed to make a wish and hear some “I’m wishing”, I was pretty much done with the meet and greet. As you might expect we said our goodbyes and thanked everyone we could.

My Dad had one more picture left, this was it

We went to the wishing well to do whatever I FELT like doing. We did promise to return, and true to our word, we were back the next day. Overall I would say that for me no social situation is awkward, I can just bury my face in my Dad's shoulder. My Dad on the other hand still felt the awkwardness of being a newer face in the crowd. However, true to the spirit of the parks, everyone we met was friendly and full of positive energy. We especially want to thank Rixter, DustySage, Fishbulb, Crazy Legs, Dark Beer and Aladdin (those were the names I remember, many more people deserve thanks as well, but you can’t blame a 2 year old for forgetting names). A good time was had and we might just do it again one day. We still have to meet Aashee and MissChristine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: My first MiceChat meet

Let me be the first to thank you for a delightful trip report.

Tell your dad, you are very bright for your age.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Cute report!! So glad you had fun.
    <3 Chloe

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Aww! You are adorable, happy early birthday too Thanks for sharing your first micechat meet with us <3

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

David,

I am so glad you had a great time, little buddy! You need to teach your daddy how to listen when people call after him saying "how did your drinking last night go?" Well, perhaps I should have just shouted at him and said "Hey! Larasound! Remember that MC'er who told you where to get your drink on?! It's meeeee!"-that probably would have worked better. But...yeah.

~Christine

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Great TR! Tell your dad that it was good of him to bring you, and that i enjoyed the heck out of meeting you both.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

You are an extremely scholarly child. Chad (aashee) is 62 years old, and yet cannot put together a coherent sentence to save his own life . You are a welcome and much needed addition to MiceChat!! Nice TR!!

• love my friends

That was wonderful.. I LOVED THIS TR

Your son is such a cutie

well done my friend

Friends for life

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Bah! Sorry I missed you Larasound. I had a much better offer of getting to witness the Angels getting their teeth kicked in. Hope you come to another one soon

Fo'C! Careful or I'll dismantle you like one of your splash mountain fantasies.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

what a cute report. and WOW your how old? and you can already put up a trip report, I say your very very smart!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It was cool meeting two other Davids that day! Nice report!

• Shablagoo!

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Cool report. The name tag looked so big on the lil' guy.

• Disneyland Bound

Awesome TR!

• living to haunt

What a wonderful trip report! And so well done! You are so cute! Keep up the good work~
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast