• Knight that says Nee!!

Oct. 5-7 & Mickey's Halloween Treat

We decided to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday with a trip to DLR and our first visit to Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA.

DAY ONE: We left home about 2:15am and were walking through the front gates of Disneyland by 8:30am on Friday the 5th. My son and I went to Astro Blasters (I got a level 5, yay me!) while my wife and daughter hit Indiana Jones. We met up in Adventureland and the kids climbed Tarzan's Treehouse.

We all headed over to Pirates. I noticed on this ride through that the Davy Jones projection was not working and the (now infamous in a different thread) harpsicord (piano? clavicord? casio digitronic?) was not working properly. My daughter then dragged me over to Big Thunder MRR. After that we went over to Haunted mansion where (acting on info learned here on Mice Chat) I asked a CM about the pet cemetary and if it were posible to see it. The CM (I'm not sure if i should put his name here of not!) was so very nice and professional. He took us to the side of the mansion (right side as you face it) and down a walkway and to the small "pet cemetary" that sits there (see pics of first day below).

After that we met up with some friends and their family and headed into Critter Country as the smaller ones in our group wanted to ride Pohh Bear. I sat out with my daughter and a few of the older kids in the group who weren't interested. While the rest of the group was on the ride it went 101! They got to walk out (stopping to find the hidden Mickeys on the way) of the ride. We went on Pirates again and then headed to DTD for my daughter's birthday lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. We rode the Monorail back to Tomorrowland and rode King Arthur's Carosel, the Tea Cups, It's a Small World, and then took the train to Main Street station where we exited the park and headed for the hotel to rest and prep for the big Halloween Treat comming up.

Pictures from day one:

HM "pet cemetary"

More comming soon!
    Last edited by Goofy Daddy; 10-09-2007 at 07:40 PM.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Oct. 5-7 & Mickey's Halloween Treat

Great trip report! More....More!!! hehe

Sorry we missed you. I would have liked to have met you and your family.

We were at the Parks from wed through sunday, and at the Halloween Treat friday night.

It sure was a blast!

Thanks!

• Knight that says Nee!!

DAY ONE (continued!)

For those of you who have never gone to Mickey's Halloween Treat I have to say you are missing out on something really fun. Although it was sold out on the night we went, the park never seemed "crowded." We walked right on most of the rides we chose to go on (Soarin', Screamin', Monsters Inc., Mulhulland Madness, and Screamin' again). The event itself was so fun. The costumes everyone wore were great. My daughter had decided she wanted to be Queen Susan from the Narnia movie (LW&W) and wanted my her mom to be the "older" version of Queen Susan (during the stag hunting scene). My wife designed and sewed the dresses for them both with help from her mother. My son decided he wanted to be Peter Pan and wanted me to be Captain Hook (Disney's ORIGINAL pirate Captain!) and so my wife and mother-in-law made those costumes as well. It was a lot of fun to walk arounf a Disney Park in costume.

The decorations were excellent and I was impressed that aside from candy, "alternate" snacks were available at each treat station. They had things like packaged apple slices, packaged baby carrots, & raisins aside from just candy. There was live music, games, the pier was turned into (of course) a Pirate area. We enjoyed this event emmensley. By the time we got back to the hotel we had one sleeping in the stroller and one birthday girl sleeping in my arms. We had worn 'em out, and ourselves as well! Whew! Day two is comming up, here are pictures from the Halloween Treat:

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Great trip report! More....More!!! hehe

Sorry we missed you. I would have liked to have met you and your family.

We were at the Parks from wed through sunday, and at the Halloween Treat friday night.

It sure was a blast!

Thanks!
    I bet we passed each other a bunch of times darn it! I agree, it was so great!

• Knight that says Nee!!

DAY TWO

After breakfast we headed into the park and decided to try the Matterhorn first. We arrived just in time to hear the 101 announcment! The kids wanted to ride the Alice ride since we were right there so we did. The line was about 15 minutes or so. By a stroke of luck, by the time we were done with the Alice ride, the Matterhorn was back up but the line hadn't gotten big yet so we hit it. We convinced my son (he's 4) to try it and he came off of it all smiles and declaired that it was "cool!" We walked to Toontown and rode Gadget's coaster. We met up with our friends again and went to visit Mickey at home. After some further puttering around on Chip n Dale's tree, Donald's Boat, and Goofy's House we headed to Tomorrowland to watch the Jedi Training Academy and have lunch there at Buzz's. We had brought one of my daughters friends with us as part of her birthday treat (they have known each other since birth) and he along with our friend's daughter were picked for the training academy. We cheered them both on as they fought Darth Maul

After the young Padawan's received their certificates we went to ride Autopia and then crossed over to the Tiki Room and Dole Whips all around. Once Jose and the gang bid us farewell we discovered that the Indiana Jones ride had been 101 and had just reopened and the line was short. Most of us ducked in there for a ride through the temple. We wandered back to Tomorrowland and fast passed our way onto Astro Blasters and then also onto Space Mountain. My daughter wanted to make sure I mentioned here that after years of being a fast ride lover the only one she didnt like was Space Mountain. However on this trip, aided by a promise of a pretzel afterwards and some peer pressure from her two friends, she decided to give it another chance and has now decided tat she likes it very much!

After SM we cruised through Innoventions and then went to have chowder bowls for dinner at New Orleans Square. As night fell we headed back to the bobsleds of the Matterhorn and gave that another ride and then decided to brave the 90 minute Nemo line. It actually only took about 60 and the ride was very enjoyable. We got off the subs and headed to the hub just in time to hear the announcment that the fireowrks show was cancled. I gotta say, there are some real A-Holes on this planet and several of them were at DL that night. Several people treated the CMs working the hub area very badly as if it was their fault the fireworks didn't happen, as if they could control that. My heart goes out to you CMs who have to do that night after night! We were pretty bushed by then anyway and so we headed back to the hotel for a nights sleep. More pictures are below and day three is coming soon:

• Knight that says Nee!!

DAY THREE

On our final day everyone in the family gets to pick one ride or activity that they just MUST do before going home (we usually try to leave the park and start our drive home no later than 3pm). To my wife and I's great surprise instead of my sons usual answer of Astro Blasters or Monsters Inc, he decided Matterhorn would be his must do ride so we headed there first. We then went to meet our friends at Toontown and most of us rode Roger Rabbit, twice since the line was 5 minutes. My wife's usual must do is Small World and so we went on it. By the time we got of there it was around lunch time. After a side trip to see the end of Woody's Round Up in the TMR area we headed to the Rancho del Zocalo for lunch.

After lunch we parted with our friends who were going to do some shopping in DTD before they left and we went to Space Mountain, our daughter's friend "must do." My daughter and I had the same must do, Indiana Jones so that's what came next for us. We caught the fire truck at the hub and rode it to the Main Street Fire House and sadly bid farwell to DL (until December!!!) and headed out of the park. After a dinner at Harris Ranch and a looooooong drive we got home about 10pm.

We had never been to DLR during halloween time and I have to say we all just loved it! My daughter had an 8th birthday celebration that she wont ever forget. (we're doing a 5 year birthday trip for my sone next March, yay!!)

Well, there you have it! It was an excellent trip, I hope you liked the report and the pictures!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    On our final day everyone in the family gets to pick one ride or activity that they just MUST do before going home.

Hey, we do something like that too!

The "guest of honor" for that trip gets to pick the first ride and the last ride of our trip.

The guest of honor is the kid that is celebrating their birthday for that trip. Since we usually enjoy the Parks about 6 times per year, all the kids get a chance at being the GOH. And sometimes me, too!

It adds a little more fun to the trip.

Tiggerific Trip Report!

Thanks!

• She was sweet as a peach

Great report!
    Do you have pictures of your costumes?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    Great report!
    Do you have pictures of your costumes?
    I think they are on my wife's camera and she hasn't DL'd it yet. I'll try to post them when we get those down loaded.

• World Traveler

Great report! Thanks so much.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

It sounds like you had a fantastic time, I can't wait to see the pictures of your costumes!
    Christina

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Glad you had a fantastic time! Thanks for the report!
    <3 Chloe

• Knight that says Nee!!

As requested here are pics of our costumes we wore for Mickey's Halloween Treat:

My daughter as Queen Susan

My son and I as Peter Pan and Captain Hook

My wife wanted to make sure I also included the pictures of the "hidden Mickeys" she took while walking out of the Pooh ride when it went 101, so here they are:

This first one is an "unofficial" HM according to the CM

This one is one of two "official" HMs on the ride. We had found the other a long time ago but this one we hadn't spotted until this time when they were able to walk through the ride to exit it.

Thanks to those who have left comments!
    Last edited by Goofy Daddy; 10-12-2007 at 04:38 PM.

• Disneyland Bound

Awesome costumes! And fun trip report. Thanks so much for sharing!