Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry DCA might be getting fixed but.....

Ok I go to Disneyland about once or twice a month and every time I go it just gets more crowded and more crowded. First they did the "Year of a Million Dreams" and after its done they continue it. Than they are getting rid of The Disney Gallery to make room for a suite for the year of a million thing I mean c'mon thats just stupid! Than they do the Halloween thing to make it even more crowded and you know what why don't you just fix up Disneyland and put something where the People Mover should be and put attractions and rides to fill up every last space in DL BEFORE you over advertise to sell out!

-Innoventions sucks!
    -There is no ride where the People Mover should be
    -The Starcade sucks and the upstairs is used for nothing
    -Toon Town is pretty useless except for the Roger Rabbit ride-
    -Monorail needs a new one
    -Autopia has nothing futuristic about it at all
    -The Rockets are in the worse possible location and should be back IN THE AIR!
    -I see people in costumes going into Lands where they don't belong like a critter country costume person going to Tommorowland ALL THE TIME if Walt was alive he would be pretty mad!
    -The Parades are completely stupid now and have lost their magic touch, and not only that but they now BLOCK THE MAIN EXIT! So if you are on the other side or if you entered the park at the time of a parade than you gotta wait until it is done.... YEAH
    - Honey I Shrunk the Audience...... Enough Said
    - I have been going to Disneyland since I was 6 when they first opened Indiana for gods sake and NEVER have I ever been in the Caboose on the Train.. NOT EVER!
    - Not to bring up The Rockets again but if you compare DUMBO to them you find that DUMBO is actually higher up than The Rockets so something is wrong with that picture.
    - Pirate Island is cool and all but there should be some type of Sword Fighting thing you can do :P
    - Lack of Hidden Mickeys
    - The Monorail does not go to the Hotels anymore WHAT THE HECK?
    Last edited by Magus; 10-09-2007 at 08:15 PM.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: DCA might be getting fixed but.....

I agree with everything you said, but be aware that changes are coming. Read Al's Column posted today and you will see what I mean. Glad to see you posting again on the Disneyland Thread.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

There is still A LOT that could be done at Disneyland and DCA, even Downtown Disney to improve the place. As long as they keep things fresh and new until those new things arrive, then I will be happy. Don't let things stagnate. I agree with you.

• =)

From time to time, a newcomer to this forum will start a thread decrying posts exactly like this one. And I hate to say it, but they've got a good point. With all that's so incredibly right about Disneyland, it seems more than a little bit unappreciative to talk this way about it. Yes, most of these things are unfortunate truths. But do they honestly make you have anything less than an amazing experience in the park? If so...well, I'm sorry, but you're very much in the minority. Most of these are things that bother a lot of people, but not to so great a degree that they make a day at Disneyland dull or annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    From time to time, a newcomer to this forum will start a thread decrying posts exactly like this one. And I hate to say it, but they've got a good point. With all that's so incredibly right about Disneyland, it seems more than a little bit unappreciative to talk this way about it. Yes, most of these things are unfortunate truths. But do they honestly make you have anything less than an amazing experience in the park? If so...well, I'm sorry, but you're very much in the minority. Most of these are things that bother a lot of people, but not to so great a degree that they make a day at Disneyland dull or annoying.
    Off course this is the minority of the families that go only once a year I mean they don't care about the Gallery but c'mon if these things were fixed it would be a much better park!

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

It would be a better park, your right.

But I seriously hope they do not scrap my favorite place. Toontown.

Or Innoventions. I like that attraction, thank you. I know I know. I'm in the minority.

But yes, Disneyland CAN be improved.

I was just there last week and what really bothered my wife and is that they run the parade, fantasmic, and the fireworks all back to back. We had no interest in seeing any of it and got stuck in traffic worse than anything I have driven in. We promised never to visit the park on a weekend ever again.

Traffic control at disneyland was abysmal at best. Why they can't move all these things over to california adventure were there are wide paths and lots of open space seems like a no brainer. But don't get me started on having to deal with the lame high school musical thing they ran every hour that seemed to block the entrance at that park as well.

We hadn't been to either park in over a year and don't plan to visit for another three years, and are real cautious about making sure we visit when disny doesnt plan on having parades and explosions going on all over the park.

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    - I have been going to Disneyland since I was 6 when they first opened Indiana for gods sake and NEVER have I ever been in the Caboose on the Train.. NOT EVER!

Just ask the conductor?

Or you could read Steve DeGaetano's recent article on MiceAge.

Part 1
    http://www.miceage.com/stevedegaetano/sd100107a.htm
    Part 2
    http://www.miceage.com/stevedegaetano/sd100807a.htm

• Goofy

I agree with you too as well.

-Monorail needs a new one
    We are getting new ones! Very soon...

It's been there since 1955. And yes it is futuristic, tell me when and where in the world have you seen 5 year olds drive a car?

...if Walt was alive he would be pretty mad!
    And you know this...how? OH! You knew him?!

-The Parades are completely stupid now and have lost their magic touch, and not only that but they now BLOCK THE MAIN EXIT! So if you are on the other side or if you entered the park at the time of a parade than you gotta wait until it is done.... YEAH
    What's your definition of "magic touch"? Why are they stupid...is it because they stop? is it the floats? the music?
    You have every opportunity of knowing what times parades are showing. If you know you're going exit the park, then it's your own fault if you don't plan accordingly. I fail to see how it's Disney's fault that you happen to be on the wrong side. If you go to Disneyland every month or so, then you should know how the parade route goes and shouldn't have any problem getting out.

I fail to see how this is Disney's fault. There's more than one train that has a caboose and it's not that hard to ride in one. The Lilly Belle maybe a challenge, but the other cabooses are easy to ride.

- Not to bring up The Rockets again but if you compare DUMBO to them you find that DUMBO is actually higher up than The Rockets so something is wrong with that picture.
    No, this is not true. Astro Orbiter's Rockets reach a total height of 26ft, Dumbo a little less than that. But...WHO CARES?

- The Monorail does not go to the Hotels anymore WHAT THE HECK?
    The Monorails go to the exact location as they did before the Resort expanded. It only seems they are farther because the former buildings, such as the Monorail Cafe are no longer there. So, in essence, the Monorails never went to the Hotels in the first place; your complaint doesn't make any sense.

• Progressive Disneylander

I agree with SOME of the complaints about DL, but others are not as pressing to 'fix'.

I say:
    • Fix the Rockets situation and put them in their proper place
    • A return of the People Mover
    • Kill Innoventions and do something -- anything -- with the building
    • Find a way to better utilize the Starcade space
    • Re-envision Toon Town (even Roger Rabbit isn't all that good)
    • Do something different with Autopia.
    The other stuff I can deal with for now. I'd even tolorate letting the stale HISTA hang around a little longer if they just made a new, more entertaining pre-show. I cannot take sitting/standing through that extended (and considerably cheesy) Kodak commercial anymore!

• Minion

-Innoventions sucks!

-I see people in costumes going into Lands where they don't belong like a critter country costume person going to Tommorowland ALL THE TIME if Walt was alive he would be pretty mad!

- Lack of Hidden Mickeys
    I have to say that most of your arguments are petty and are based on personal opinion and not getting your way as opposed to logistics.

Another problem i have is the fact that you call out the cast members . when I worked at DL and had a parade shift and had to were a CC costume and the only way out i knew was through tomrrowland. So don't get to uptight about the available pathways for cast members because this not Disney world.
    Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 10-10-2007 at 12:32 AM.

• I love my family!

Not to pick a fight or anything but I'm guessing from what you said your like 17-18 right?

Did you ever ride the PM, the Rocket Jets or play the games on the second floor of the Starcade?

What parades have you seen to say that PoD is that bad?
    The parade's also travel the same route as they always have so how does it block anything more than beore?

New Monorails are coming and the stops have not changed.

Hidden Mickeys are called HIDDEN Mickeys for a reason?

And Finally, how did you come up with your Dumbo Vs. The Astro Orbiter thing? Did you get a measuring tape out or what?

DL does need work, a 50+ year old park always will but, your post seems petty and not very well thought out.

Ok I go to Disneyland about once or twice a month and every time I go it just gets more crowded and more crowded. First they did the "Year of a Million Dreams" and after its done they continue it. Than they are getting rid of The Disney Gallery to make room for a suite for the year of a million thing I mean c'mon thats just stupid! Than they do the Halloween thing to make it even more crowded and you know what why don't you just fix up Disneyland and put something where the People Mover should be and put attractions and rides to fill up every last space in DL BEFORE you over advertise to sell out!
    And this statement besides being completely misguided makes you sound like nothing more than a spoiled AP.

Sorry to be so harsh but, if your going to rip the place a new one, you'd best have a valid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    We are getting new ones! Very soon...
    I know that but even when we get new ones they still only go to two stations

It's been there since 1955. And yes it is futuristic, tell me when and where in the world have you seen 5 year olds drive a car?
    Cough Legoland UN COUGH

And you know this...how? OH! You knew him?!
    Barely any of us knew him but there were a number of a reports that got him mad when he saw one of his characters out of place DUH

What's your definition of "magic touch"? Why are they stupid...is it because they stop? is it the floats? the music?
    You have every opportunity of knowing what times parades are showing. If you know you're going exit the park, then it's your own fault if you don't plan accordingly. I fail to see how it's Disney's fault that you happen to be on the wrong side. If you go to Disneyland every month or so, then you should know how the parade route goes and shouldn't have any problem getting out.
    They still should not be blocking the exits isint that some sort of hazard?

I fail to see how this is Disney's fault. There's more than one train that has a caboose and it's not that hard to ride in one. The Lilly Belle maybe a challenge, but the other cabooses are easy to ride.
    My point is they rarely ask for passengers unless they are Club 33 members or paid for a VIP tour or something

No, this is not true. Astro Orbiter's Rockets reach a total height of 26ft, Dumbo a little less than that. But...WHO CARES?
    I care when I was a kid The Rockets were way higher than that and they were way cooler

The Monorails go to the exact location as they did before the Resort expanded. It only seems they are farther because the former buildings, such as the Monorail Cafe are no longer there. So, in essence, the Monorails never went to the Hotels in the first place; your complaint doesn't make any sense.
    They stopped at the Monorail cafe and you could easily go to the Hotels so you're complaint makes no since

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I agree with SOME of the complaints about DL, but others are not as pressing to 'fix'.

I say:
    • Fix the Rockets situation and put them in their proper place
    • A return of the People Mover
    • Kill Innoventions and do something -- anything -- with the building
    • Find a way to better utilize the Starcade space
    • Re-envision Toon Town (even Roger Rabbit isn't all that good)
    • Do something different with Autopia.
    The other stuff I can deal with for now. I'd even tolorate letting the stale HISTA hang around a little longer if they just made a new, more entertaining pre-show. I cannot take sitting/standing through that extended (and considerably cheesy) Kodak commercial anymore!
    I never wanted Toon Town or Innoventions killed off just reinvented so it is worth while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast