• Banned User

Take DL Park home with you!

The kick is you have to go to Japan to get yours...
    DeAgostini Co. is now selling bits and pieces of DL park for you to own at home. Well... not really the real DL park pieces, but miniature vinyl reproductions of Disneyland, under a collector series called "MY DISNEYLAND". If I am not mistaken, it will take you 100 weeks to complete the entire DL Park set, each set priced at 1,490 yen. The DL park pieces also come with a japanese language small magazine weekly decribing everything about the characters, Disney work archives, Closeup on Anaheim, etc etc... Once you complete the entire DL park, you can also buy a specially designed base and glass case to proudly display the finished product, which also will be equipped with lights (for night time enjoyment). If you want to collect all of the magazines, a special binder will also be available...

Go here to check it out:

http://www.de-club.net/mdl/

..and while there, click on ther "TVCM" link and watch the 30 second TV commercial for this product. In US dollars.. it will cost approximately $1,300 and close to two years to collect and complete the entire set. Expensive fun but totally cool for those of you who can't have enough DL in your lives.

Re: Take DL Park home with you!

That is really awesome... and not that expensive. I mean, if its 1300 dollars over 104 weeks thats just 12.50 a week. is there any way for americans to get this stuff?

• World Traveler

That looks like a mini version of the Olszweski collection ... PLUS!!! I really hope we get a version of this for the US parks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBoySC99 View Post
    That is really awesome... and not that expensive. I mean, if its 1300 dollars over 104 weeks thats just 12.50 a week. is there any way for americans to get this stuff?
    Not in the USA as far as I know. You would have to buy there or thru mail order, but not sure if available to markets outside Japan.

Only 100 weeks? Geesh!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
    Only 100 weeks? Geesh!
    I could be mistaken since I don't read japanese. Maybe they meant 100 pieces to complete the set?

• DLR

That is cool, except it is in Japanese...

I will look through the site and see if I find anything interesting.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

thats a preety cool find
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The kick is you have to go to Japan to get yours...
    DeAgostini Co. is now selling bits and pieces of DL park for you to own at home. Well... not really the real DL park pieces, but miniature vinyl reproductions of Disneyland, under a collector series called "MY DISNEYLAND". If I am not mistaken, it will take you 100 weeks to complete the entire DL Park set, each set priced at 1,490 yen. The DL park pieces also come with a japanese language small magazine weekly decribing everything about the characters, Disney work archives, Closeup on Anaheim, etc etc... Once you complete the entire DL park, you can also buy a specially designed base and glass case to proudly display the finished product, which also will be equipped with lights (for night time enjoyment). If you want to collect all of the magazines, a special binder will also be available...

Go here to check it out:

http://www.de-club.net/mdl/

..and while there, click on ther "TVCM" link and watch the 30 second TV commercial for this product. In US dollars.. it will cost approximately $1,300 and close to two years to collect and complete the entire set. Expensive fun but totally cool for those of you who can't have enough DL in your lives.

I saw that. Itís a shame that only the Japanese are capable of producing something THAT special Ė FOR DISNEYLAND. Itís not even their park. Apparently the subscription has just started so those who would like to start the collection wonít have to spend extra for back issues.

Also, some of the elements of the park will be lit and move. At about $13 each, it seems like a reasonable price for what you get (the two or three parts, the weekly magazine with instructions for the parts and some trivia and park information).

Currently they donít have an English language page for marketing it outside of Japan, but that may change (once they realize how much it would boost their subscription numbers).

BTW, when you go to the TVCM commercial, click on the ADSL in the red bar below. That will provide a larger video image.

• Banned User

So far, I have gotten the first 4 miniature pieces...which comprises of the Castle and BTMRR so far... Also bought the binder for the first 25 magazines that come with the pieces every week. Only 96 more to go! The next piece to come out will be a portion of Space Mountain!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I wish this was available here, it looks like something I could afford, like buying something on a payment plan. I wonder if some of these pieces are going to start showing up on ebay.

TDLFAN, if possible, could you post pictures of your pieces...it's hard to see much on the site. Good luck with your collection, looking forward to hearing more about it.

• Banned User

Let me see if I can post some in the next couple of days...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    TDLFAN, if possible, could you post pictures of your pieces...it's hard to see much on the site.
    It's kind of hard to see much on these photos as well (from my cellphone) but I have not opened the pieces I have gotten so far...

1st set, with Mickey and castle top

2nd set, with bottom section of castle and Big Thunder mt.

3rd set, with portion of BTM and castle base (complete with tiny swans).

4th set, with BTM town and miner Goofy figurine.

Binder for set's Guide magazine (one magazine per set). It will take 5 binders, each with 20 magazines in it, when collection is complete.

I already have the first 4 magazine guides in the binder.

SO.... I have 96 sets/magazines to go!!!

• Koubu Pilot

I love it! I would totally love to collect something like that!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    I love it! I would totally love to collect something like that!
    I have to admit that it is a bit pricey for my current situation.. but I love this set and once completed, it should be a really neat model to have in my collection. I am however, keeping my fingers crossed that I can find all the pieces since I do not go to Japan weekly and am affraid I will miss on any of the sets if they sell out.. and that would be tragic.