Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Talking July 17th Park Maps

There will be special DL & DCA maps issued for this sunday only. I just got mine today and I can tell you all that the DL one is amazing! It is a double-fold map (like we used to have for the DL and DCA maps when they were combined), and the inner most fold (which is the entire thing unfolded) features the ORIGINAL guidemap that was available on 7/17/55!!!!!! It's SO AMAZING! You have to see it to believe it -- be warned though -- these maps are very coveted and if you visit tomorrow (7/17), you will only be given ONE MAP and then hand-stamped to make sure you continue to have only that ONE MAP. I wish I could post a scan -- this thing is awesome!! Oh, I got my 7.17 cast pin and my special hard-cover cast "year book" which is really, really awesome! Additionally, the cast is being given their 50th "give-away" golden ears. They are identical to the ones that will be handed out on 7/17 to every resort guest visiting either themepark and they are pre-embriodered with "July 17, 2005" on the back in thick blue lettering. Very nice!!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• CM for 4 years!

Re: July 17th Park Maps

I really recommend to all July 17 guests to immediately purchase a locker to stow your gifts in so that they are not damaged. These things will be worth a lot in the future both as memorabilia and in monetary value.

The 7/17 cast pin is the exact same as the "I Was There" pin, except it says "I Worked There"

The 50th giveaway golden ears I anticipate will also be worth a lot in the future. They have a different embroidery on the front. No bandleader Mickey, but Tinkerbell over the castle. The back is machine embroidered in blue thread to say "July 17, 2005".

The guide map for the day is simply stunning. Save it and take damn good care of it.

Again, RENT A LOCKER!!

Pics will come relatively soonish.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• OM NOM NOM

I was amazed by the quality of the gifts we Cast Members recieved. I was expecting a button and mouse ears, but got so much more:

- Golden ears
    - Commemorative Park Maps for both parks on the 17th
    - HARDCOVER BOOK chronicling Cast Member memories - "The Magic Begins With Me"
    - Pin for Cast members to wear on the 50th

I feel so proud to be part of this family.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• CM for 4 years!

SOmeone write "spoilers" in the title to the thread. I am going to be posting scans and pics in about five minutes.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• the F.O.D. solution.

"V" value the magic. Why spoil the surprise?

This is why we cms are getting fewer and fewer perks such as previews and cm-only gifts.

• CM for 4 years!

CMs are also getting lower and lower pay. If you don't hire quality people with quality pay, each of them expects less from the other. And it shows. Anyhoo... I still got to ride Space Mountain before everybody else. SO I'm not picky much past that.

And it's not like I'm trying to SELL my cast member gifts.

Anyways. Here is a clearer image of the cast member pin.

May 6, 2005 - present.

• CM for 4 years!

Here is a picture of the front page of this week's reference guide, just because the picture of Tinkerbell is so cute! Even though I want to post its contents, I know that I shouldn't.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/mel-c/pg1.jpg
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• CM for 4 years!

I'm not going to be scanning my July 17th map because I'm going to be trying to kee pit in absolutely pristine condition, along with my ears... I want to save them for the future. For possible Melissa Disney loving spawn.

Also, not going to post pics of those or the ears, because DCACM doesn't think I should.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Disney Nerd

The gift pack for CMs was AWESOME!!!!! and to think, we waited what a max of maybe 5 min? (at least when I was at the team center around 6ish it was like 2 min) and think of how long thosse guests are waiting. bravo to them. i would love to camp out, if i didnt have a sandwich of lead shifts on either side of the evening.

• the F.O.D. solution.

Post away on July 17th. I was elated when I checked out the goodies, like a kid on Christmas morning. I think the guests should have the same experience. What a drag to get a gift when you already know the contents.

I'm a bit passionate about the "V", especially regarding the 50th. I heard the book is already on ebay, what a bummer!

• Banned User

OMG!!! You CMs are so lucky!! I can't wait to be there on the 17th and see if I can get my hands on anything special available for guests.

• CM for 4 years!

The book is sort of dumb... I don't know, it's just full of cast member quotes and cast member pictures. I'm going to keep it as a keepsake, but ... meh.

Plus, it specifically said that all these items can not be sold to or traded with guests.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Talking My Proud Story...

Altho I'm not a cast member anymore, my sister still is. She has worked for the company since 1981, starting out as a hostess at the Lunching Pad (which isn't there anymore) in Tomorrowland for 2 years. She then moved over to the Walt Disney Travel Company and has worked there ever since, and has been in management.

I went to *Company D* today with my sister so she could get her goodies that everyone on this thread has been talking about. As I was looking through the hard cover book (which is awesome), I told my sister that a picture of her should have been in here too. And wouldn't you know it...there she was at the end of the book. We were both thrilled that they added her in it.

I was especially excited, cuz the picture they used was the one that I took of her when she was working at the Lunching Pad. It's a small picture, but you can't miss it! It's at the end of the book (I believe the last page that has pictures on it) and she right underneath a big picture of Walt Disney. She's wearing an orange/blue jump suit (yep, that's what they wore back then) and her hair is in a ponytail. The old *Space Mist* (a.k.a. fruit punch) is in the background. Take a look, it's a neat picture!!

Anyway, Disney did good by giving the cast members these gifts. And I too, saw the special maps for both Disneyland & DCA that they are giving away on July 17th only...they're awesome!!! Plus the special hat...it's cool.

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT BEING THERE ON SUNDAY!!!

Man, I wish I could be there, but I live 8 hours away by car with no method to get there. I was there on the 4th and got to see all the new stuff except the parade and Space Mountain(I'm not one for coasters).

Still, hope you guys enjoy it. I'll be there in spirit.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I really recommend to all July 17 guests to immediately purchase a locker to stow your gifts in so that they are not damaged. These things will be worth a lot in the future both as memorabilia and in monetary value.

The 7/17 cast pin is the exact same as the "I Was There" pin, except it says "I Worked There"

The 50th giveaway golden ears I anticipate will also be worth a lot in the future. They have a different embroidery on the front. No bandleader Mickey, but Tinkerbell over the castle. The back is machine embroidered in blue thread to say "July 17, 2005".

The guide map for the day is simply stunning. Save it and take damn good care of it.

Again, RENT A LOCKER!!

Pics will come relatively soonish.
    That certainly is good advice.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast