Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Re: Build a Bear Haters and Huggers

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    Actually, if there was one store I wish would go away, it would be Libby Lu.
    You mean Libby Look-Like-a-Whore? "training our youth to be Britney Spears from the ripe young age of four!"

If there's a store to complain about, it's THAT one...

• love my friends

I love build a bear just never did it

I actually want to build a cow (I love cows) one day i will

Friends for life

This thread cracks me up. If you are looking for something to just complain about, I'm sure you can find plenty from watching the news and actually argue over something that matters!
    AND....FYI......my 8 year old daughters favorite store in the whole world is Build-A-Bear!!! Both of my girls love being there and it makes me love it when I see the glow on my girls eyes when they are in there. Have some children and see how much they love to create something so special that they will keep for years!!!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I would've sworn you would say, "If you don't like the Build a Bear, then STUFF it."
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Exactly, they would get more people if it wasn't like 20 dollars to stuff a piece of cloth with fur on it. But whatever floats their boat.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Eh, Build a Bear's okay. I think I'd like it more if it wasn't so expensive!! Not worth it for the cost, IMO.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Yeah, when I was little I went to the Basic Brown Bear Factory in San Francisco, and it's been around for ages. Actually, the person who started Build A Bear tried to buy BBBF and was in negotiations with them for a while, during which she was exposed tot he entire trade and signed a confidentiality agreement, but then she gave them a really low buyout price and the deal didn't go through. Then she started BaB and BBBF sued her for breaking the confidentiality agreement (and obviously ripping them off).

I love the idea of making your own teddy bear, but I will only go to BBBF in San Fran, not to one of the 300 BaB stores. It just makes me sad that something that was once special and unique to a few family run businesses around the country is now super-franchised to the point of happy meal toys.

Not too say that no one should go there, not everyone can to SF just to make a teddy bear, but I know I sure will.

I have a mouse and a bear from there. The mouse is my favorite. So cute!

I have two build-a-bears, but neither are actual bears. Ones a rabbit (emily) and she's dressed in Snow white's outfit cause Snow White's my favorite princess. And the other WAS a horse (Bailey) but she went missing.

O.K here's my official statement, I hug and I hate, I just dont hate enough to care, then again I hug cuz if someone I know, including my MiceChat friends like the place I can't in good concience Hate the place, cuz it makes me happy to see other people get so much joy, and I'm glad this thread brought out this simple fact. Although I do not like it, it does not necessarilly mean I do not love it. To much hate in the world....I have become an official HUGGER! I love you BUILD A
    BEAR. Just like I will always love Disneyland.. My parents brought me there since I cant even remember and so I love the place for reasons I could not explain, untill my mom called me a couple weeks ago, telling me my father was dying of cancer, it brought a flood gate of emothions forward, and I told her that I would go to Disneyland and I did not know why, untill that moment that she told me the heavy news of my father, then I knew why I loved Disneyland, I finally knew what I was searching for. I was searching for what I already had.....My mom and my dad! I was searching for our love.

• Disneyland Addict

Colorado. im 1035.24 miles away from disney =[

How could you people hate build a bear? Its so cute! Plus have you ever seen the look o a kids face or even an adult as they make their bears? Its like nothing in the world could go wrong right then and there. I honestly wish I would of thought of the idea. Dont hate on it just because you think its stupid. If you really hate it i think you should go in there for about 10-20 minutes and see how happy it the kids are stuffing their bears, and fluffing then, dressing it and creating their own names for it. Then tell me that you hate it.

I find it quite sad that people can hate something, when it makes kids happy. Yes i understand it can get annoying in build a bear wit the kids running around and being super loud, but its nothing to hate.

• I'm not really here

My wife and I went and got a pair one Christmas for fun. Yeah, it can get crazy in there some times, especially when it's really busy. But why on Earth would you hate it? Hate is such a very strong word, reserved usually for amoral, unethical tyrants who butcher their own people, not for a store that sells little teddy bears that make children happy. Fine, you don't like it, or find any particular draw to it. That's great. Wander over to the Vault and leave Build-a-Bear alone. Let the children be happy creating their own teddy bear while you are happy off doing what you like.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

I personally have never had a use for Build-A-Bear but I would like to toss this in. It was from a fellow Marine in my unit. Some of you who know me know I served, and that I worked at the park both before, and after. This happened while I was in so a fellow Skip handled getting them into the park. It is a different story then the "Princess" one I posted earlier. I have a lot of memories like this because I was given the chance to make some memories.

One of the Marines in my unit was expected to ship out early. At the last minute he called me knowing that I still had a few friends in the park. He had a little boy, Daddy's little boy you might say. From what I remember the kid was only 3 or 4. So they go down there and had a blast, as many rides as they can pack in, plenty of photos, just all out fun. On the way out they stopped by Build-A-Bear. Military family so they didn't have a lot of money, but he'd saved a bundle by being signed in. He decided to let his son pick out a bear. I want to say it was a monkey but I don't remember. They didn't pick out an outfit, just wrapped it up, and they were on their way. Online his wife was able to find a set of cami's for the bear, and Dad lhad a set of tags made. All of this was set aside until the day he deployed. In his final goodbye before shipping out he handed the little guy the bear, all dressed up with Daddy's tags, and told him to take care of it until he got home. Needless to say it became a very important bear, went everywhere, slept with it. I like to think the bear helped the little guy get through the deployment. Adults might understand why someone is gone, deployments are always hardest on the kids. Eventually Daddy came home, close to a year deployment, and the little boy and bear were waiting for him. When he got back and settled in he gave me a call and I set it up. I was out of the Corps by now, and a CM, so I would be able to sign them in. They stopped by Build-A-Bear to get an outfit for the bear. The little kid told his story, explaining about his Dad, and a manager gave them a free outfit! They had offered a discount but the boy didn't want another bear. I have a feeling that bear will become a family heirloom!

So... sometimes... their is a reason and a place, for special memories to be made and small stuffed animals to be built!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Imaginative Possibilities

I think Build A Bear is fun for the kids. People love Teddy Bears, why not create one you can get really attached to... I think its great...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Boat shoes all day long

I like the concept, create your own furry friend type thing. But I did have a bad experience with a Build-a-Bear station. While at a San Francisco Giants game, I was visiting the BAB booth and found a particular cute monkey in a barrel of skins (how they look before they are stuffed). I grabbed him out and brought him over to the stuffing area. I said, "Medium stuffing please, I like my monkeys as life like as possible."

Well here is the thing. the guy operating the 'stuffer' must have been having a rough day. He used the automatic stuffer and never looked to see what he was doing; for my monkey exploded with fluff all over the place! There was an ear there, a mouth there, and a tail in some ladies drink.

Well I walked out of the place with my head hanging low. After all that, I was pretty bummed. Haven't been back since. But still like them.

Oh, and the Disney Vault is the worst store in Down Town Disney, nay, the worst store ever.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Imaginative Possibilities

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but from what i hear that happens alot...exploding animals and what not...so sad. Personally I love Vault 28, if anything it just requires a certain kind of taste in fashion to like a store like that....
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• decorating

Both my husband and I have one. I pretty much used it as a doll (I'm a dork) and got outfits for holidays and as presents. This Halloween, Princess ( a cross dressing Bearemy- only one I liked) and Roscoe (dalmation with the tendency to have his pants fall down) will again be Tinkerbell and a vampire
    PS any teddy with a red satin nightie set rocks

• decorating

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but from what i hear that happens alot...exploding animals and what not...so sad. Personally I love Vault 28, if anything it just requires a certain kind of taste in fashion to like a store like that....
    Bears explode? WOW! where am I when those happen?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast