Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disneyland Should Take A Cue From Howard Johnson (Webcams)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    Every once in a while, during a regular workday, I take a moment to zen out by clicking over to the Monterey Bay Aquarium's webcams which you can view by clicking here: http://www.mbayaq.org/efc/cam_menu.asp

It's my virtual happy place. It puts me at ease to watch the waves roll in over the Portola Rocks for a minute or two.

The Howard Johnson hotel, as many of you know, has a webcam pointed in the general direction of the Matterhorn, which you can reposition if no one else is attempting to control it.

My workday typically begins at 5am. We often watch the ABC News, which will randomly once in a while cut to one of their stationary HD cams overlooking Sleeping Beauty's Castle or the Mark Twain. At 5-6am these are really gorgeous images.

Disneyland.com should incorporate into their website a series of webcams that one can look at the park live with. They could have one stationed in a window of the train depot looking down Main Street. And another where their HD cam is above the (former) gallery that overlooks the Rivers of America. Imagine taking a park webcam break and watching the Mark Twain roll in and out of port, with the live sounds of the steam whistle. Not only would this be a great form of escapism for those of us stuck in corporate office ennui, it would be a great form of advertising for the parks and entice people to go, much like those ABC News HD cam shots.

Could the person assigned to review this board please forward this idea to the appropriate department? Thank you kindly.
    Definitely a good idea and I would love to see that implemented as well.

BTW, The Outer Bay web cam was always my favorite. I remember how popular it was when the 1st Great White made its way in there. Great White or not, the music that they have playing on a loop is very peaceful.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    Can't believe nobody's posted this yet, but Disney used to have a webcam on main street and decided to remove it. Can anyone else verify that?
    Can't verify that, but it's not the first time I have heard of it.

Edit: Found this information...

"After 9-11 Disney decided it was wise to discontinue live cams. There used to be cams available from WDW (different parks and locations) and DLR."

I don't think that had anything to do with 9/11. The WDW webcams were gone long before then and DL never had any...
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Down Pluto!

I can't imagine how slow a Disney webcam would be - assuming you could even get the thing to load.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Fancy that...

good idea- That would be so awsome. Can't see my self just staring at it all day but it wold be a cool way to sort of go to disneyland when you can't realy go... dont they have one of those for the Queen Mary?(its of the empty pool I think)

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

thats a preety cool idea, looking at the park at night would be great!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Boat shoes all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    Every once in a while, during a regular workday, I take a moment to zen out by clicking over to the Monterey Bay Aquarium's webcams which you can view by clicking here: http://www.mbayaq.org/efc/cam_menu.asp

It's my virtual happy place. It puts me at ease to watch the waves roll in over the Portola Rocks for a minute or two.

The Howard Johnson hotel, as many of you know, has a webcam pointed in the general direction of the Matterhorn, which you can reposition if no one else is attempting to control it.

My workday typically begins at 5am. We often watch the ABC News, which will randomly once in a while cut to one of their stationary HD cams overlooking Sleeping Beauty's Castle or the Mark Twain. At 5-6am these are really gorgeous images.

Disneyland.com should incorporate into their website a series of webcams that one can look at the park live with. They could have one stationed in a window of the train depot looking down Main Street. And another where their HD cam is above the (former) gallery that overlooks the Rivers of America. Imagine taking a park webcam break and watching the Mark Twain roll in and out of port, with the live sounds of the steam whistle. Not only would this be a great form of escapism for those of us stuck in corporate office ennui, it would be a great form of advertising for the parks and entice people to go, much like those ABC News HD cam shots.

Could the person assigned to review this board please forward this idea to the appropriate department? Thank you kindly.
    Friend, you have a very good point! They have a great webcam streaming live video on Duvall St. in Key West. They could definitely position a few of these guys around the parks.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12