Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Hotel - Where to stay?

I plan on splitting my time between an offsite hotel and the Disneyland Hotel (DL on the end of course) but I need recommendations for an offsite hotel that is within walking distance that's nice. Preferrably within $80-$150 a night range is acceptable.

Any ideas?

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Hotel - Where to stay?

I love the Candy Cane Inn, they have their own shuttle and its really nice.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Since you want within walking distance I would recommend the Howard Johnson's. They do give an AP discount. We usually just use Priceline name your own price since we drive over and have PAP's.

Here is a website that shows the locations/links of nearby hotels

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Since you want within walking distance I would recommend the Howard Johnson's. They do give an AP discount. We usually just use Priceline name your own price since we drive over and have PAP's.

Here is a website that shows the locations/links of nearby hotels

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

OMG Thank you Thank you! You know how hard it is for me to find a map like this? I swear some days I think Google is broken. LOL

Thanks so much!

• Again! Again! Again!

Summer, the Anaheim Sheraton at Ball and Disneyland Dr. it great. Although it is over $100. We just stayed at the Holiday Inn on Walnut and that was nice too. There's also the Carousel Inn across Harbor.

And yay for you coming out here!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Happy Memories

{quietly taking notes for my own trip }

When are you going out to DL Summer?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    {quietly taking notes for my own trip }

When are you going out to DL Summer?
    Either the first or third weekend in June, also duration is a factor. I don't know if I want to go for a whole week, like Sunday to Sunday and make two meets or just go for an extended weekend. I want to take in as much as possible because I don't know when I will be back after that.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I like the Holiday Inn on Walnut more and more. It's nothing fancy, but it's always been clean and it's within walking distance (right next to the parking structure, just walk to the trams and take them to the parks).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I just got off the phone with reservations and I wanted to price out an AP discount for next June, when I mentioned I will be buying it she so kindly rudely told me that I would have to have an active AP which I would need to go to Disneyland prior to booking the reservation so they can take my photo or they won't allow me to make the reservation.

Is that true? Or do you just have to show it when you check in?

Me and my boyfriend always like the Park Vue Inn, and it is right across the street. Sometimes it can be a little bit more then what I would pay, just depends. HoJo's is good, it is a 5 minute walk. Ramada Inn Maingate is OKAY, if you want a cheap room with no frills or do not have high expectations, it works...

• Banned User

you have to have paid for the ap to get the rate. you can buy them online. the discount is 10 percent off the regular room rate. and it depends on who checks you in , some ask to see the ap and others don't

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    you have to have paid for the ap to get the rate. you can buy them online. the discount is 10 percent off the regular room rate. and it depends on who checks you in , some ask to see the ap and others don't
    Is the discount always 10% or does it change like here?

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Either the first or third weekend in June, also duration is a factor. I don't know if I want to go for a whole week, like Sunday to Sunday and make two meets or just go for an extended weekend. I want to take in as much as possible because I don't know when I will be back after that.
    If you do a whole week I'm going to have to hate you just a little bit. The most I can ever get away is an extended weekend.

I second the Candy Cane Inn. We stayed there Monday night in a premier room and loved it. Cookies and popcorn waiting for you at night and in the morning the staff delivers in-room continental breakfast. The shuttle runs regularly, but Disneyland is close walking distance (and you don't even have to cross a street.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I don't quite understand the split hotel thing, but within walking distance, my recommendations would be the Candy Cane or Hojo's.

Wherever you stay, at all costs avoid the Castle Inn. Unless of course you enjoy sleeping with cockroaches (hey, at least its wildlife), arcing loose outlet wiring (could be considered a fireworks show), or stains of unknown origin on the furniture (interactive guessing game???). Oh yeah, and lack of parking spaces for their own guests (but then again, you wanted to walk...).

You don't actually have to have an AP in your hot little hands to make a reservation (they don't ask for the number), but they might ask for it upon check-in. Last week during our stay at the PPH, they didn't ask to see mine, but then again, we're regulars at the Resort Hotels, so maybe they're not worried about it anymore.

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast