Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Anaheim Resort Transit (A.R.T.) has made major changes in routes and times

Noticed the Tram Routes have been changed and renamed, they are now NUMBERS instead of letters. The signage at the Resort, including the bus stops in the Lion King Tram Loading area have been changed.

It looks like the Anaheim GardenWalk is a major reason for the change, as 13 out of the 16 new routes have a stop at the AGW. (Some restaurants are scheduled to open in mid November).

Every route except Route 16 runs every 20 minutes. Route 16, the one that goes to the Block of Orange still is offered once per hour.

The other main change, the standard hours are now 8 AM to Midnight, as the GardenWalk will remain open later than the parks on many nights. (Also ART will start earlier on the days the DLR opens prior to 9 AM.)

http://www.rideart.org/ART-Map.pdf
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Anaheim Resort Transit (A.R.T.) has made major changes in routes and times

Great info, thanks Darkbeer.

If Disney operates 2 Disneyland Resort hotels at GardenWalk, won't they need to provide their own transportation? I think they need to provide more comperable service as GCH, DLH and PPH by extending the monorail past Harbor, and looping over to the 3rd Gate with a stop at GardenWalk.

That way all Disney operated hotels in Anaheim will have access to the theme parks with only minimal walking or else via monorail steps outside their hotel.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    If Disney operates 2 Disneyland Resort hotels at GardenWalk, won't they need to provide their own transportation? I think they need to provide more comperable service as GCH, DLH and PPH by extending the monorail past Harbor, and looping over to the 3rd Gate with a stop at GardenWalk.

That way all Disney operated hotels in Anaheim will have access to the theme parks with only minimal walking or else via monorail steps outside their hotel.
    Why? Currently Disney offers NO type of tram service for any of the current 3 Disney owned hotels (and they did offer tram service in the past to the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel). Yes, there is the Monorail, but it has been closed for months for refurb in the recent past, and still Disney didn't offer tram service.

Looks like if you are staying at the GardenWalk, you are walking or taking the ART... (Heck, I did a lot of walking today walking around the resort checking in on projects from AGW to Simba and the GCH. It isn't a bad walk, not much farther than if you are stating at the PPH to the Main Entrance).
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 10-12-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo, "ro" should be OR

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It wouldn't bother me, but if I called from New Jersey, got a reservation at the new Disney operated hotel and saw how far it was from the Disneyland Resort, I'd have to wonder why I was paying the extra money to stay at a Disney hotel as I shlepped back and forth past the motels along Harbor Blvd. on my way to Garden Walk.

On the other hand, if I could hop on a monorail in Tomorrowland and hop off at a Downtown Disney style station at Garden Walk, I'd find the added ammenities of Garden Walk to make the experience surpass or equal the Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotel's proximity to the restaurants and shopping in Downtown Disney.

• Minion

New Disney operated hotel? Someone want to fill me in?
    Har har har

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I agree, but currently, measuring from the front lobby desk to the center of the Main Entrance Plaza (the star in the center between the turnstiles), Paradise Pier, Howard Johnson's and the Candy Cane Inn are all the same basic distance, about 6/10th of a mile).

Off Topic, but actually 5 hotels on Harbor nearest the Pedestrian Entrance are closer than the GCH to the Main Entrance using the same standard.

As for the Anaheim GardenWalk project, the closer of the 2 hotels on Clementine and Disney Way (educated guess on the front desk) is just .65 of a mile of a walk, maybe a bit more depending on how the walkways are designed. Maybe .85 of a mile for the hotel on the corner of Katella and Clementine. It isn't that much farther.

I just don't see Disney spending money on transportation, maybe make a deal with A.R.T. for a discount if they give every guest a length of stay A.R.T. pass if they stay at a Disney managed AGW hotel. Then figure the ART fee in the resort fee charged.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

2 of the 3 hotels being built by GardenWalk will be operated (though the bldg not owned) by the Walt Disney Company. The other one will be some other high end hotel chain. Per Al Lutz, LA Times etc.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    New Disney operated hotel? Someone want to fill me in?
    It is a strong rumor, Al Lutz talked about it first, but it was confirmed by the LA Times....

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...els-75922.html

• Pilot EdForceOne

'public transport' from a disney hotel certainly seems against the disney way. but we don't even know how these properties will be branded or marketed.. so kind of hard to drawn lines yet I suppose.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I agree, but currently, measuring from the front lobby desk to the center of the Main Entrance Plaza (the star in the center between the turnstiles), Paradise Pier, Howard Johnson's and the Candy Cane Inn are all the same basic distance, about 6/10th of a mile)..
    True but the other hotels are on property, you walk through Downtown Disney to get to the Main Entrance Plaza. From GardenWalk you walk past Denny's, Mimi's, IHOP and several other motels, plus you have to walk past the busplanade to get to the crosswalk. It's not the same Disney magic along the way, and in the loudspeakers along your Disney swept landscaped pathway to the parks that the DTD hotels have.

Off Topic, but actually 5 hotels on Harbor nearest the Pedestrian Entrance are closer than the GCH to the Main Entrance using the same standard.

As for the Anaheim GardenWalk project, the closer of the 2 hotels on Clementine and Disney Way (educated guess on the front desk) is just .65 of a mile of a walk, maybe a bit more depending on how the walkways are designed. Maybe .85 of a mile for the hotel on the corner of Katella and Clementine. It isn't that much farther.

I just don't see Disney spending money on transportation, maybe make a deal with A.R.T. for a discount if they give every guest a length of stay A.R.T. pass if they stay at a Disney managed AGW hotel. Then figure the ART fee in the resort fee charged.
    Ah Ha! I don't see them spending the money JUST for these two hotels but when you pair it to the Strawberry Fields development accross two major busy boulevards from the other gates, you have a real need for hotel and park guests to be able to get from all the theme parks to all the hotels without navagating Anaheim city streets.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

There might be a Disney bus service like WDW.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    'public transport' from a disney hotel certainly seems against the disney way. but we don't even know how these properties will be branded or marketed.. so kind of hard to drawn lines yet I suppose.
    Yes we do. Mickey and Minnie will be photographed in color on the front cover of the glossy brochure. It will be touted as the NEWEST Disneyland resort hotels, just minutes blah blah blah from the Disneyland theme park.

They'll quickly go into the amenities at the Garden Walk and gloss over the fact that it's a a short walk but it's a few blocks away, accross a couple of crosswalks and under some massive power lines.

It is a strong rumor, Al Lutz talked about it first, but it was confirmed by the LA Times....

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...els-75922.html
    Did LA Times confirm this rumor or simply credit Lutz as the source?

From the article:
    Almost a decade ago, the Disney Co. did nearly everything it could to stop the GardenWalk mall from being built, denigrating it as a tacky, traffic-snarling eyesore. Now that the upscale outdoor mall is on the verge of opening, it appears Disney wants a piece of the action.

The entertainment giant plans to operate two hotels in the massive Katella Avenue project across the street from Disney's planned third park and near California Adventure, according to a Disney insider and another source familiar with the project.

Bill Stone, GardenWalk's developer, would not confirm or deny the report.

"Times have changed, Disney has changed, its management has changed," said Stone, a San Diego-based developer who has been involved with the project since 1999. "They once viewed us as competition. But we really do complement each other."

Al Lutz of the fan website MiceAge.com reported Tuesday that two of the four new hotels Disney plans in the Anaheim Resort District would be in GardenWalk. He wrote that one would be a moderately priced "family hotel" with rooms having themes including Disney or Pixar characters. The other would be smaller and more luxurious, similar to a "big city W Hotel," Lutz wrote. The hotels would have a total of 866 rooms.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    There might be a Disney bus service like WDW.
    Don't cheap out on me. An extension from the TL exit / busplanade area to the Strawberry Fields and around the back of DCA hooking up to the DTD station is a shorter loop than the WDW monorail that goes around 7 Seas Lagoon.

It's not like these new developments are far apart like MK-EPCOT-DAK-DHS and the WDW resort hotels. This is just a few city blocks in Anaheim. And they're spending the money to build new trains, why not just keep production going and increase the number of trains on the new extended line, and match WDW's monorail based peoplemoving ability.

People equate monorails to the Disney on site hotel experience, and for good reason. Every Disney resort except Hong Kong and Paris have monorail systems, and those places have built in railroad stations connecting the resorts to the cities and are in their own insular areas like the Florida property is.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Depending on how you walk the route, more than likely the Disney recommend route would be west down Harbor Blvd, so past the rest of Anaheim GardenWalk and the edge of the Anaheim Plaza hotels and then cross Harbor, and then walk up Harbor on the west side to the main pedestrian entrance, which has NO shops and then make the turn into the park next to the 15 minute lot. The entire pathway is part of the Anaheim Resort Area and has major landscaping (paid out ot the Hotel Taxes being charged in the area), heck a lot of the Disney areas (such as the DtD main parking lot area) are handled by the same arrangement. I personally walked much of the area today (AGW to Paradise Pier through the Timon lot (photos are being loaded) and then to GCH, besides the signs of construction, the entire walk has wonderful landscaping, on and off property!

But even is they walk up the east side of Harbor, it is the Ramada and a few shops (such as a coffee stand), Tony Roma's, Denny's and IHOP, plus a couple of Motels. But then again, how many food choices did the AGW folks have before they started to walk to the park? And they can catch multiple A.R.T. Shuttles that would take them to the Lion King Tram area within 10 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast