• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Welcome to Dreamsville

The August issue of Vanity Fair features an article on the 50th, WDW and some nice photos. It's available on newstands now.

WELCOME TO DREAMSVILLE Fifty years after Walt Disney opened his first theme park, the fantasy is fraying: creeps linger near Toontown, Tomorrowland is so yesterday, and Mickeys and Goofys get it on at Pleasure Island. Grab a seat on Dave Hickey's Wild Ride, as he joins the seekers at Disney World. Photographs by Todd Eberle.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 07-16-2005 at 02:10 PM.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: Welcome to Dreamsville

WELCOME TO DREAMSVILLE Fifty years after Walt Disney opened his first theme park, the fantasy is fraying: creeps linger near Toontown, Tomorrowland is so yesterday, and Mickeys and Goofys get it on at Pleasure Island. Grab a seat on Dave Hickey's Wild Ride, as he joins the seekers at Disney World. Photographs by Todd Eberle.
    I wouldn't expect any more from Vanity Fair.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Re: Welcome to Dreamsville

I've read the article. The author spends a lot of time impressing himself with what a clever and witty fellow he is... drops a ton of high-fallutin' names... generally poses as "too cool for the room" and says pretty much nothing.

Enjoy the photographs.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.