Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    • Live.Laugh.Love.Disney.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Too far from Disney in Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    190

    If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    Friends,
    If You wanted to take a picture of California Screamin's Mickey loop, will the Toy Story Mania! Building cover any part of the Mickey Head?
    SkItTlEs






  2. #2

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    When Paradise Pier gets its redo, the Mickey head will be gone. It will be replaced by the area's new name.

  3. #3

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    But for now, it shouldn't be a problem to get a good picture.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    When Paradise Pier gets its redo, the Mickey head will be gone. It will be replaced by the area's new name.
    Huh?

  5. #5

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    The bulk of the structure for the Toy Story Mania! showbuilding is complete. So the answer is: No, the Toy Sotry Mania! will not cover up any of the Mickey Mouse silhouette at California Screamin'.

    Nautilus was refering to the possibility of the Mickey Mouse silouette being removed as a part of the redesign of Paradise Pier. That project is seperate from Toy Story Mania!.

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    I thought they were going to remove the Sun Wheel's (pervert) face.

  7. #7

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,480

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    I never understood the Mickey Loop... for that matter I never understood the concept of spending all that money to make a steel coaster LOOK like a woody, and then throw in a loop...... I realize they did not have the space for a decent woody because it would have been a substantial footprint and daunting upkeep, but why bother theming the thing to look like one if you are just going to toss in a loop anyways!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  8. #8

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I never understood the Mickey Loop... for that matter I never understood the concept of spending all that money to make a steel coaster LOOK like a woody, and then throw in a loop...... I realize they did not have the space for a decent woody because it would have been a substantial footprint and daunting upkeep, but why bother theming the thing to look like one if you are just going to toss in a loop anyways!
    You say that as if there has never been a wooden roller coaster to successfully have a loop within its circuit. Son of Beast, until just recently was a genuine wooden roller coaster with a successful vertical loop. Loops were also a commonly attempted gimmick during the early 20th century. I'd say the launches are the bigger anachronisms.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Son of Beast, until just recently was a genuine wooden roller coaster with a successful vertical loop.
    (bold mine)

    It's a tragedy that Son of Beast lost its most unique feature, all because of an accident and new trains. I'm glad I got to ride it before it got disfigured.

    Rumors and Paradise Pier revamps notwithstanding, I have my doubts that the Mickey behind the loop on Screamin' will be removed, if only because it is one of DCA's (few) icons. It will stay for as long as Screamin' stays, methinks.


  10. #10

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,480

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    You say that as if there has never been a wooden roller coaster to successfully have a loop within its circuit. Son of Beast, until just recently was a genuine wooden roller coaster with a successful vertical loop. Loops were also a commonly attempted gimmick during the early 20th century. I'd say the launches are the bigger anachronisms.
    I HATE quoting Wiki... but there is no other substantial information that is all in one place so

    "The vertical loop is not a recent roller coaster innovation. Its origins can be traced back to the 1850s when the French built the Centrifuge Railway. The ride relied on centripetal forces to hold the car in the loop. The ride was shut down after an accident. [1] Later attempts to build a looping roller coaster were carried out during the late 1800s with the Flip Flap Railway at Sea Lion Park. The ride was designed with a completely circular loop (rather than the clothoid of modern looping roller coasters), but caused neck injuries due to the intense G-forces pulled with the tight radius of the loop. The next attempt at building a looping roller coaster was in 1901 when Edwin Prescott built the Loop-the-Loop at Coney Island. This ride used a modern clothoid shaped loop and a steel structure, however more people wanted to watch the attraction, rather than ride. No more looping roller coasters were built until the Revolution opened at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 1976. In 2000, a modern looping wooden roller coaster was built, the Son of Beast at Kings Island. Although the ride itself was made of wood, the loop was supported with steel structure. Due to maintenance issues however, the loop was removed at the end of the 2006 season." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_(roller_coaster)

    In a nutshell, it never really worked out well for a woody, even the successful one used a steel structure, and the loose turn of the century Amusement Park theme makes it look even more ridiculous to me. Nice touch though... Son of Beast did open in 2000, so it was almost 1900!
    upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/PKI-Son_of_Beast.jpg

    If you look closely you'll notice IT'S STEEL.
    [/CENTER]
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-15-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Hotlinked picture Removed. Hotlinking is not allowed.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  11. #11

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    In a nutshell, it never really worked out well for a woody, even the successful one used a steel structure, and the loose turn of the century Amusement Park theme makes it look even more ridiculous to me. Nice touch though... Son of Beast did open in 2000, so it was almost 1900!
    When it opened, Paradise Pier took place in 2001, not 1900. The 1900 setting is what is forthcoming.

  12. #12

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,480

    Re: If You wanted a pic of the Mickey loop on Screamin.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    When it opened, Paradise Pier took place in 2001, not 1900. The 1900 setting is what is forthcoming.
    Paradise Pier is fashioned after the turn of the century boardwalks that dotted the California coastline, the most famous of which was the Pike. The majority of them were built at the turn of the century "Victorian" if you will when people took a more pronounced interest in the beach. It also has strong ties with the California Trolley system, which helped propel the major hubs into seaside resorts. If you walk around Paradise Pier you will notice the vintage advertising, vintage photos, and a laughably fake attempt at vintage architecture. If you search for Pike there should be a thread on here explaining why I hate the area. Disneyland opened in 1955... when is Main Street set? for that matter when is NOS set because that opened completely in the 60's.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] Work on California Screamin' loop
    By SS77 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM
  2. [Question] Mickey on Screamin'
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
  3. [Chat] The Mickey Loop and the Sun Face
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 10:43 PM
  4. Wanted: Pal Mickey
    By abarry90 in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
  5. Will the Mickey Remain on Screamin'?
    By zach1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •