Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• UT99 Forever

I just spent last week at DL.. and I need to vent

I don't get to DL as much as a lot of you guys...so some of this may be old hat, but I had to vent some frustrations.

Nobody asked me, but.......

1. Learn how to stop the rides... between the poor brake work on the Matterhorn and Peter Pan to name just a few, it can throw out anyone's back.

2. Get rid of the freaking McDonalds french fries. If I wanted that cr**, I would go down the street by my house. Get some fresh cut potatoes and keep some skins on those puppies and fry up some real park fries. And speaking of junk food..... get more creative. Same Turkey Legs, Churros and Nestle, bottom of the quality barrel, novelties everywhere. Where are some big soft pretzels and funnel cakes??!!??

3. Why 1 train on the Monorail? One of the perks of staying at the Disneyland Hotel (which is supposed to help justify their overpriced rooms) is being able to walk 100 yards, jump on the Monorail and get dropped off in Tomorroland. With one train, you spend more time waiting and getting into shoving matches fighting for a seat. Get some better line control and run 2 trains!

4. The Jungle Cruise needs some excitement. The last 6 times or so I was on there, our boat was half alseep listening to another half hearted delivery from a bored skipper. Mix in a little more action. Let the passengers actually get wet once in a while.

5. Blow up Monsters and Pooh. What a waste of time and energy with those weak a** rides.

6. Why is the last drop on Big Thunder so anti-climatic?? zzzzzzzzzzzz

7. Why do they always underestimate the stand-by wait on Roger Rabbit? I will NEVER go on that ride again unless I have a fastpass. And speaking of Roger fastpass, I see more people get in the wrong line there than any other. Person after person was getting turned away on the loading platform because they got in the fastpass line without a fastpass. Something needs done with the signage.

8. Can they limit the number of strollers in the park to something less than 20 trillion? We spent more time dodging the wheels of those things than actually walking. Its like people think a stroller gives them the right to go right through you.

9. Whats the deal with the glasses on Tough to Be a Bug? Its like somebody blew their nose on them on them and smeared them all up. We had a group of 10, and everyone said the same thing. The glasses s**k.

10. Why is Autopia so painfully slow? I mean, can't they take those things up a notch or two for speed. Those things are ridiculous. I wanted to get out and push just to get there faster.

OK.. I am done whining.......

• white and nerdy

Re: I just spent last week at DL.. and I need to vent

congrats. You are not the person who loves Disneyland the most.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

But, did you have a good time?

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFan View Post
    I don't get to DL as much as a lot of you guys...so some of this may be old hat, but I had to vent some frustrations.

1. Learn how to stop the rides... between the poor brake work on the Matterhorn and Peter Pan to name just a few, it can throw out anyone's back. Matterhorn is that way by design. Peter Pan I don't know.

2. Get rid of the freaking McDonalds french fries. If I wanted that cr**, I would go down the street by my house. Get some fresh cut potatoes and keep some skins on those puppies and fry up some real park fries. And speaking of junk food..... get more creative. Same Turkey Legs, Churros and Nestle, bottom of the quality barrel, novelties everywhere. Where are some big soft pretzels and funnel cakes??!!?? I think McDonald's is universally hated in the parks. Could be wrong.

3. Why 1 train on the Monorail? One of the perks of staying at the Disneyland Hotel (which is supposed to help justify their overpriced rooms) is being able to walk 100 yards, jump on the Monorail and get dropped off in Tomorroland. With one train, you spend more time waiting and getting into shoving matches fighting for a seat. Get some better line control and run 2 trains! The fleet is falling apart and the replacements are almost here.

4. The Jungle Cruise needs some excitement. The last 6 times or so I was on there, our boat was half alseep listening to another half hearted delivery from a bored skipper. Mix in a little more action. Let the passengers actually get wet once in a while. It is far better now after the rehab. But it is an old attraction and not everyone's cup of tea.

5. Blow up Monsters and Pooh. What a waste of time and energy with those weak a** rides. Again not every ride appeals to everyone.

6. Why is the last drop on Big Thunder so anti-climatic?? zzzzzzzzzzzz It is designed that way.

7. Why do they always underestimate the stand-by wait on Roger Rabbit? I will NEVER go on that ride again unless I have a fastpass. And speaking of Roger fastpass, I see more people get in the wrong line there than any other. Person after person was getting turned away on the loading platform because they got in the fastpass line without a fastpass. Something needs done with the signage. Disneyland generally does not run the FastPass system as well as WDW. That's my opinion and I'm a DLR regular.

8. Can they limit the number of strollers in the park to something less than 20 trillion? We spent more time dodging the wheels of those things than actually walking. Its like people think a stroller gives them the right to go right through you. Have a kid in a stroller and you will soon learn about people's inability to see strollers too. This story has two sides.

9. Whats the deal with the glasses on Tough to Be a Bug? Its like somebody blew their nose on them on them and smeared them all up. We had a group of 10, and everyone said the same thing. The glasses s**k. Odd. I don't know.

10. Why is Autopia so painfully slow? I mean, can't they take those things up a notch or two for speed. Those things are ridiculous. I wanted to get out and push just to get there faster. It is intended for kids and adults who can see the ride for what it is. Perhaps spin on Space Mountain instead?

AND now what three things did you like about Disneyland?
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• okeydokey

Aw. Cry.
    Yay, betrothal!

• white and nerdy

Why am I doing this?

1. Learn how to stop the rides... between the poor brake work on the Matterhorn and Peter Pan to name just a few, it can throw out anyone's back.
    At least you are creative. I've never heard this complaint before. I'd wager that if peter pan is throwing out your back, you should see a doctor.

2. Get rid of the freaking McDonalds french fries. If I wanted that cr**, I would go down the street by my house. Get some fresh cut potatoes and keep some skins on those puppies and fry up some real park fries. And speaking of junk food..... get more creative. Same Turkey Legs, Churros and Nestle, bottom of the quality barrel, novelties everywhere. Where are some big soft pretzels and funnel cakes??!!??
    Some like turkey legs (not me though, I can't stand them). I love churros and Disneyland Ice cream. I also love the nice big soft pretzels they have at Disneyland. Really, the thing you seem to have against this is the familiarity of it all.
    I'm not a fan of the McDonald's French Fries, only because I can't eat french fries by themselves.

3. Why 1 train on the Monorail? One of the perks of staying at the Disneyland Hotel (which is supposed to help justify their overpriced rooms) is being able to walk 100 yards, jump on the Monorail and get dropped off in Tomorroland. With one train, you spend more time waiting and getting into shoving matches fighting for a seat. Get some better line control and run 2 trains!
    They do need another train, but if you think the rooms are overpriced, why do you stay?

4. The Jungle Cruise needs some excitement. The last 6 times or so I was on there, our boat was half alseep listening to another half hearted delivery from a bored skipper. Mix in a little more action. Let the passengers actually get wet once in a while.
    ???? Is the problem the skippers or the fact that they don't want to soak the passengers? The latest round of improvements, I think, went over well. Especially the piranha section.

5. Blow up Monsters and Pooh. What a waste of time and energy with those weak a** rides.
    Blow them up? I think you'd have a parade of angry children after you, but as with some of your other comments, it doesn't look like you think kids are worthwhile.

6. Why is the last drop on Big Thunder so anti-climatic?? zzzzzzzzzzzz
    The last drop on Big Thunder isn't suppose to be the climax. I'd imagine it's the last lift hill where you get a glimpse of the mother load of gold and the earthquake is happening all around you. If you want a mindless thrill (and no children) perhaps another park is where you need to go?

7. Why do they always underestimate the stand-by wait on Roger Rabbit? I will NEVER go on that ride again unless I have a fastpass. And speaking of Roger fastpass, I see more people get in the wrong line there than any other. Person after person was getting turned away on the loading platform because they got in the fastpass line without a fastpass. Something needs done with the signage.
    People are stupid, what can be said? There is a very clear sign that says "fast pass return" but people ignore it. The line for Roger Rabbit is one of th best themed lines ever and is part of the experience for many people. But I'm curious. Is your beef with the ride the inaccurate wait time listed or the length of the line?

8. Can they limit the number of strollers in the park to something less than 20 trillion? We spent more time dodging the wheels of those things than actually walking. Its like people think a stroller gives them the right to go right through you.
    Dead horse, meet whip.

9. Whats the deal with the glasses on Tough to Be a Bug? Its like somebody blew their nose on them on them and smeared them all up. We had a group of 10, and everyone said the same thing. The glasses s**k.
    .... dang it. I agree with you. Though not from the first. After you get sprayed with acid the glasses are smeared. I cover them so I don't have to deal with it.

10. Why is Autopia so painfully slow? I mean, can't they take those things up a notch or two for speed. Those things are ridiculous. I wanted to get out and push just to get there faster.
    This ain't a thrill ride son. Frankly, I'd like to see Autopia ripped out for a top shelf E-ticket, but that's a different thread. You want things faster, drive your real car.

Well... we shall see.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

I have friends who said the same thing! Either you love it or Hate it..

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

1. The braking system is automated. They stop how they stop and I don't think there is any way to change that.

2. Two words. Corporate Sponsorship.

3. I was under the understanding that they had two of the monorails running, but they may be down to one now. Its also my understanding that the monorails are to be replaced in the very near future with newer models, and at that time they will have a full fleet.

4. Maybe the audience needs to get more involved. There have been times I've been on Jungle and the skipper is doing his or her darnest to engage the audience and get them laughing and 95% of the people sit there like human dial tones not even smiling... its freaking Disneyland people!! Lighten up and be a part of the magic!!

5. Ok I agree with you on this one.

6. Eh...not a fan of Thunder anyway so don't really care about this one.

7. And I've actually never even been on this ride...... shocking I know...

8. Sure they can. Just as soon has humans quite procreating and having multiple babies. Of course then the park would pretty much be empty.... not that that would be a bad thing.

9. Ok... another one I agree with you on. I think they have the same glasses they started with when the attraction opened, and have yet to replace any of them or even attempt to clean any of them.

10. Two more words.....accident injury lawsuit. Ok, so its three words.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Koubu Pilot

Main St and Tomorrowland have pretzels. I think they use nacho cheese though. And there's one that is filled with cream cheese. When I have fries at Disneyland, I never get the Mc Donald's fries. I usually use a little mayo for dippin' when I do eat the fries. I for one do like dark rides and will go on Pooh and Monster's Inc with or without kids in the group, but if you don't like them, then don't go on them at all. I do recommend leaning foward on Snow White and Pinnochio when you reach the unload because you can get hit with the lap bar of the back row. Now with the monorail, if you went during a slower time, they probably only ran 1 train because the park is slower. They say Monorail Purple is a moody girl and she'll go out from time to time. When the park only has 2 trains currently on property, expect slower monorail service. We've haven't had a fully operating monorail system in almost a decade. Once the demolition of the parking lot and construction began on the resort expansion, it was shuttle service until it was done. Then the trains started breaking down and Orange was retired (remember in 2003-ish when the entire monorail system had a break down?). Nemo construction returned it to shuttle mode AGAIN. 1998 was when we all had to get used to the reduced operation of the monorail!

• is too darn hot.

As far as pretzels go, you can get really big ones at the Fantasy Faire food place near the Toontown depot.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Drunk On Disney!

"Well that's nit picking isn't it"

• Banned User

******[QUOTE=DonaldDuckFan;2238869]I don't get to DL as much as a lot of you guys...so some of this may be old hat, but I had to vent some frustrations.

******1. Learn how to stop the rides... between the poor brake work on the Matterhorn and Peter Pan to name just a few, it can throw out anyone's back.

in addition to what pengy said, I have never had any problems with those two rides. granted the stops are sudden, but I just shift my weight around and ***BINGO*** problem solved.

*******2. Get rid of the freaking McDonalds french fries. If I wanted that cr**, I would go down the street by my house. Get some fresh cut potatoes and keep some skins on those puppies and fry up some real park fries. And speaking of junk food..... get more creative. Same Turkey Legs, Churros and Nestle, bottom of the quality barrel, novelties everywhere. Where are some big soft pretzels and funnel cakes??!!??

regarding mc donalds I agree. why not inn n out, or burger king????
    the turkey legs, churros, and nestle????? got a problem with snacks that are not only good, but generate revenue????
    *******3. Why 1 train on the Monorail? One of the perks of staying at the Disneyland Hotel (which is supposed to help justify their overpriced rooms) is being able to walk 100 yards, jump on the Monorail and get dropped off in Tomorroland. With one train, you spend more time waiting and getting into shoving matches fighting for a seat. Get some better line control and run 2 trains!

maybe the other cars are being worked on?
    as for the rooms at the disneyland hotel?? pricey, yes. but the disney charm is there. where else will you see unique, cool stuff like light fixtures in the shape of mickey mouse hands, a map of disneyland on the door of the entertainment center, original artwork of the disneyland park? I mean, its worth it.(at least i think so)

********4. The Jungle Cruise needs some excitement. The last 6 times or so I was on there, our boat was half alseep listening to another half hearted delivery from a bored skipper. Mix in a little more action. Let the passengers actually get wet once in a while.

I have always had a fun, entertaining ride when on the jungle cruise. maybe the skipper was having a bad day?

********5. Blow up Monsters and Pooh. What a waste of time and energy with those weak a** rides.

monsters, keep.
    pooh ride??? move over to dca and replace it with country bears.

*********6. Why is the last drop on Big Thunder so anti-climatic?? zzzzzzzzzzzz

its been awhile since I was on that ride. I will have to ride it to see what you are referring to/

**********7. Why do they always underestimate the stand-by wait on Roger Rabbit? I will NEVER go on that ride again unless I have a fastpass. And speaking of Roger fastpass, I see more people get in the wrong line there than any other. Person after person was getting turned away on the loading platform because they got in the fastpass line without a fastpass. Something needs done with the signage.

cast member rotation(breaks, lunches, one cast member going home, one cast member coming on, guest got sick on the ride car and the cast member has to clean the ride car??)

**********8. Can they limit the number of strollers in the park to something less than 20 trillion? We spent more time dodging the wheels of those things than actually walking. Its like people think a stroller gives them the right to go right through you.

regarding the strollers, I agree. nothing worse than being late to meet your group for lunch because you had to somehow navigate through the stroller maze.

***********9. Whats the deal with the glasses on Tough to Be a Bug? Its like somebody blew their nose on them on them and smeared them all up. We had a group of 10, and everyone said the same thing. The glasses s**k.

no comment.

************10. Why is Autopia so painfully slow? I mean, can't they take those things up a notch or two for speed. Those things are ridiculous. I wanted to get out and push just to get there faster.

I am happy with the speed of the cars. just being on the ride makes me a happy camper. I love the autopia.

• Goofy

the part of disneyland that I don't like is the food because its pretty much dry and expensive. Especially the hamburgers. But the rest is all good. In fact i might eat outside the park from now lol.

Good interesting comments though.

Wow!!!...Um...What is the definition to the word "negative"?

Answer: You

Sorry, I don't mean to be so judgemental, but this is post is full of complaints some of which are justifiable. I'm just curious though. Do you have any fun when you're at the Disneyland Resort? Or do you just have a GREAT time focusing on every negative thing you can find?

• The Tomorrowland One

Im sorry I am not fast enough for you. Maybe if you would slow down and NOT BUMP THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU, I may grant that wish. Oh, but you insist on ramming that car in front of you. And then wonder later why you feel as though you have whiplash. Yeah...

At least disneyfan07 enjoys me. Thank you very much. Now, please do not bump the car in front of you and enjoy your drive.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast