Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: Year Of A Million Dreams - I wish it was this way.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Yes, my family had to be persuaded. They didn't have any idea what the CM's were talking about at first, or what it entailed. There are many people who have never heard of the castle stay, and this is what happened in this case. My parents once turned down a concierge upgrade at the Wilderness Lodge because they don't like a lot of attention paid to them. They would NOT have accepted it if it was just the two of them.

In the end, everyone had a great time. If the CM's didn't try to persuade at all, there would be people who had no idea what they missed out on. The CM's also didn't go overboard like they might have with some guests (showering TOO much with attention). We have some great photos, great memories, probably one of the best family experiences I've had in a long time. So that is what I'll remember most of all. In the end, it was my parents gift to us. And I have such fun pictures at the Crystal Palace, and CRT, photos of my family I'd never have otherwise. What I really like also is seeing my parents getting a tiny bit of pampering, something that they deserve but try to stay away from.
    The bottom line here is that all of this happened spontaneously to your family. I am glad that you all had a fabulous time. I have often said that some of the best times in my life have been the things that I didn't plan. I didn't plan running into Jiminy. I did, and it was magical. You didn't plan that night in the castle with your family, and that too was magical. I know what you mean about seeing your loved ones happy and having a good time. As much as I love visiting the parks alone, I cherish the memories of the times that I have had with my grandson, my husband, and my close friends the most.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Little Miss Sunshine

I totally agree with that. I thought that the point was from the original post, that Disney wasn't granting everyone their dreams. That is true. I think that on an average day, Disney grants a lot of "Dreams" that aren't part of the promotion. Personally, an all day Fastpass will usually be wasted on me. I received a "Dream Lanyard" in April. Not my dream, but a friend of mine now happily has it for his collection. That same friend gave me a free ticket to the MVMCP (the ticket had been paid for by someone else), not knowing that I'd looked into going that evening but couldn't afford to do so at the time. I'm giving him my "Dream" button, because I don't tend to collect a lot of stuff. (I prefer to collect memories). And H20 products.

So to me, anything Disney gives out is like - bonus dreams. Every now and then I get a little something extra special. Like I don't personally care much about characters, that isn't my thing. But when I was at Disneyland Paris, I had a very nice few minutes alone on the deck of the Sequoia Lodge (I was not staying onsite, but was taking photos) with a Pooh character. I asked him some questions, he spoke very little English - but it was just very cool. I guess that he was enjoying the break. Then Eeyore came out, they did a little dance, and everyone else found them! Very special, even though I'm generally oblivious to characters. (yes, I know my new photo has me with Tigger!)

Some of us were able to also give an online friend (and cast member) who was going through a hard time some help. That was one of the best parts of Christmas to me this year. So it's really great to be on the receiving end of "Dreams" in whatever form they take - but it is also nice to be on the giving end.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When I first heard about the Year of a Million Dreams promotion, I thought it would be different than what it turned out to be.

Now, it's nice that the Disney people want to gift people with fastpasses, and nights in the castle, and whatever else it is that they are giving away. However, those are their interpretations of "dreams", those are not my Disney Dreams, those are their's.

I have always dreamed of meeting Jiminy Cricket. I want to take a picture with him. I want his autograph. It is a simple dream. Not too complicated. Wouldn't cost Disney much to arrange.

Perhaps they should have asked us to fill out a form. What is your dream? Then they would sort through those dreams and make a certain amount of them come true.

Perhaps someone wants to have dinner in the castle.
    Perhaps someone wants to stay at the Grand Floridian Hotel.
    Perhaps someone wants a picture of the 7 dwarfs and Snow White in the same photo.
    Perhaps someone wants to see the apartment above the Firehouse.

You get my point. It would have been nice to have been asked what my "dream" was. It isn't any of the things that I have seen advertised. That may sound selfish, but I am still wishing that my dream comes true.
    Actually my dream has come true, and it didn't take the Dream Squad to make it happen. I just turned around at the right time and there it was.

There's a lot of magic that happens on a Disney Vacation, and it's why I keep taking them.

Pop Century Resort

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Actually my dream has come true, and it didn't take the Dream Squad to make it happen. I just turned around at the right time and there it was.

There's a lot of magic that happens on a Disney Vacation, and it's why I keep taking them.
    You are right, there is. I have "magical" moments at Disney and elsewhere, I think that is what life is about. I am glad you received yours.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• It's all nonsense

Maybe 'dreams' was the wrong word to use for this promotion. 'Wishes' may have been more appropriate. I wish I could stay in the castle, I wish I could go to the front of all the lines, etc.

There has been so much griping over FPs, and mouse ears not being your 'dream'. Well no duh! It's free stuff...just take it for what it's worth.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Maybe 'dreams' was the wrong word to use for this promotion. 'Wishes' may have been more appropriate. I wish I could stay in the castle, I wish I could go to the front of all the lines, etc.

There has been so much griping over FPs, and mouse ears not being your 'dream'. Well no duh! It's free stuff...just take it for what it's worth.
    How abouuuut...

"The Year of Free Stuff that you May or May Not Want"

That pretty much seems to sum it up!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Disney is trying to get people to come to it's parks. Dangling the chance to spend a night in the castle, is just one more way to get people to make that phone call. The phone call to book a Disney Vacation. I haven't won anything, and I have been to both Disneyland, and Disney World during this Dreams promotion. However, I don't have to have a promise to win something. I caught the Disney Magic a long time ago.

We just need to go to the parks, enjoy ourselves, act like a kids, and open up our hearts. The Disney Magic will find us.

Pop Century Resort

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    How abouuuut...

"The Year of Free Stuff that you May or May Not Want"

That pretty much seems to sum it up!
    Yeah, this whole thing falls under the heading of 'you can't please everyone all the time'.

If it was called 'The Year of Free Stuff', then you'd get the goofballs saying that the free stuff is not the right free stuff.

If there was no promotion at all, the goofballs would wonder why Disney doesn't give away anything.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Yeah, this whole thing falls under the heading of 'you can't please everyone all the time'.

If it was called 'The Year of Free Stuff', then you'd get the goofballs saying that the free stuff is not the right free stuff.

If there was no promotion at all, the goofballs would wonder why Disney doesn't give away anything.
    Pretty much.

I haven't been a huge fan of the promotion, just because it celebrates nothing - and there are some wonderful milestones at Disney. But I think they have some very nice prizes, and I can't say enough about the treatment we received.

But I wouldn't mind a free box of popcorn, that would be a nice gift too! Not a dream, but that is okay!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123