Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Anyone Else want to Demo Toon Town?

Toon Town is a good idea in Theory but it needs more of the stuff from the movie and more than one ride or attraction cause I don't count the gadget coaster at all. Perhaps a Restaurant or something?

• Sock Puppet

Other than Donald's boat and Chip and Dale's Treehouse, I think Toontown is in great shape. Keep in mind that many of these locations are interactive and receive a lot of foot traffic. There is an expectation for people to touch everything and wear and tear is accelerated. I still love going to Toontown though. It was a great addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    Toon Town is a good idea in Theory but it needs more of the stuff from the movie and more than one ride or attraction cause I don't count the gadget coaster at all. Perhaps a Restaurant or something?
    For a land its size Toontown packs a lot of punch. It has one E-Ticket and I think that's acceptable. Critter Country is a small land and it also has one E-Ticket. Disneyland doesn't have a lot of room to expand and Toontown was a brilliant use of such a dwindling Disneyland resource.

DEMO! DEMO! DEMO! DEMO!
    Keep Roger Rabbit and reset the rest of ToonTown to a clean slate and redo it. We never even go over there. My kids don't even like that area very much. They think it's pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post

Hang on - crazy concept here just coming to me... someone earlier said that Toontown becomes a scorcher when it gets over 80 degrees. Okay. What if the park decided to confirm one of the most ludicrous park myths and build a dome over the whole thing? A dome with animated clouds, a smiling and singing sun, flocks of cartoon birds, Mickey Mouse skydiving, etc. That way the area could be climate controlled.

Okay, I know that's a pretty ludicrous concept, but that would be the way to make Toontown amazing.
    That's not crazy at all...If Vegas can do it, why can't Disney? I really like that idea.

• a wind to shake the stars

Toontown needs a new dark ride. Come to think of it, Midway Mania would've been perfect, but that's not going to happen. I'd also like to see the Jolly Trolley up and running again because it added so much visually to the land but I doubt it's a high priority nowadays.

I really like Toontown. The land itself is themed very well and I love walking around looking at all the architecture and visual gags. Roger Rabbit is a great ride and has one of the best queues in the park (so much so that I often hate to use Fastpass!) and the Coaster is fun but short.

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by Jgooss View Post
    Not to stop the constant bashing of DCA...
    What does "demo"-ing Toontown have to do with DCA?

What Toontown needs is an indoor/underground (either) rollercoaster based on the quick tunnels in Gummi Bears. Yes yes yes

• revolutionary waltz

Like most of the other opinions so far--keep Roger Rabbit/re-do the rest. It'd be nice to get an eatery in there (a sit-down "House of Mouse" like the Sci-Fi Diner at WDW, perhaps?).

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Toontown needs a new dark ride. Come to think of it, Midway Mania would've been perfect, but that's not going to happen.
    Midway Mania fits better in Paradise Pier than it does Toontown. Toontown is based on the universe that is inhabited by toons created by Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The characters in Midway Mania are toys, not toons.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I don't even think Roger Rabbit is all that great. Been on it twice and still don't think it is worth the wait or the walk over twice to use a fast pass.

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    The characters in Midway Mania are toys, not toons.
    They're toons. They look like toys, but they are toons, and they were acting in "Toy Story" just as Roger was acting with Baby Herman in the film-within-a-film at the beginning of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."

• revolutionary waltz

They're toons. They look like toys, but they are toons, and they were acting in "Toy Story" just as Roger was acting with Baby Herman in the film-within-a-film at the beginning of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."
    They are? Huh, I've never heard that before. I always thought that they were, in fact, animated toys (forgive the unintentional wordplay) and that the whole "Midway Mania" thing was simply an alternate universe--i.e. a child's imagination setting the toys off to a new adventure, although Andy's Room is the "hub" so to speak.

• Sock Puppet

They're toons. They look like toys, but they are toons
    No, that is not the story.

The story is that the Toy Story toys are in fact childhood toys. Woody the toy was based on a TV marionette. Computer animation is only used to convey that story. Same with Astro Blasters. Buzz Lightyear isn't a cartoon, he's a space ranger.

In the story of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the characters are actually cartoons, living in both a cartoon world and a real world.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'd like to see some actual money and effort get pumped into the "land" first before making the decision to remove it completely. I originally thought the latter should be done, but after thinking it through more thorougly (sp?) the past few months I think the area could be amazing if some time, imagination, love, and a good chunk of funding got pumped into Mickey's ToonTown.

...Joe...

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    Like most of the other opinions so far--keep Roger Rabbit/re-do the rest. It'd be nice to get an eatery in there (a sit-down "House of Mouse" like the Sci-Fi Diner at WDW, perhaps?).
    It would be so AWESOME to have a restaurant themed after the "Ink and Paint Club". So awesome.

And I have to take back what I said about the quick tunnels. They would be better suited for Fantasyland. Where? Where they have that princess show now. That is a great spot for the quick tunnel ride AND the Beauty and the Beast ride (my dreams)

I like the concept of Toontown, and I like the interactive stuff there, but it just needs some attention. Stuff looks run down, and I am sad to see the bounce house gone (but hated that I was never short enough to use it. I gotta say that the playground they have now was very popular this past weekend with the kids. I was surprised to see so many kids running around and truly having a good time on that.
    And Chip n Dale's tree is so sad now

• Minion

I love, love, love, love, love the theming of Toontown. It just needs more actual attractions and less McDonald's Playland stuff. Demo Donald's Boat, Chip n' Dale's Treehouse (is there even anything in there anymore?) and Gadgets Go-Coaster and put in some family attractions themed to classic cartoons - ones the whole family can enjoy. (And, in a perfect world, an E-ticked thrill ride, too .)

It isn't just kids who like cartoons - especially the classics.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast