Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

Anyone Else want to Demo Toon Town?

Not to stop the constant bashing of DCA...

But does anyone else want to Demo Toon Town?

Someone said that kids love it and thats the success of toon town.

I thought I would just like to bring it up to see what all of you have to say. All of us MC'ers have a way of putting things in perspective.

It just seems like a large chunk of land that we made room for outside the berm. Can't we do better? Plus all that concrete makes it a scorcher anytime the temp gets above 80.

Love to here the comments... You guys rock!

Josh
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• DL Nerd

Re: Anyone Else want to Demo Toon Town?

Toontown is Great!

It has Roger Rabbit and.... Roger Rabbit and..... Ummmmm

Roger Rabbit.

Have I mentioned Roger Rabbit?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Toontown is Great!

It has Roger Rabbit and.... Roger Rabbit and..... Ummmmm

Roger Rabbit.

Have I mentioned Roger Rabbit?
    Lets not forget the line to roger rabbit. At 43 minutes it is the longest ride at disneyland!
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

~Walt Disney~

• Senior Minion

I've only been to ToonTown twice - when it just opened and there was a line to get INTO ToonTown ... and just a few months ago. I have to admit, and I'm sure that most will agree, TT has gone downhill. It used to be a very interactive land, and now it is just a drab place that is in bad need of some renovations. A lot of the buildings need new paint ASAP!

They could add a water type area like they have at Bug's Land over in DCA by Roger Rabbit. A big plus as well is that they have a show that everyone in the family can enjoy where Princess Fantasy Fair is at right now. This would make that pocket of Disneyland another all ages type of area like Fantasyland is. Even better if you added a small food service area around there as well.

• Hiding in the shadows

ToonTown does need work. Disney needs to get the Trolley back up and running in a safe manner, they need to replace Gadgets with a ride that can be enjoyed by more, or at least based on something people know about, and in general Disney needs to get all of the gags working and some decent food / entertainment to bring people into that area of the park. However aside from that, there really isn’t enough room to put anything else back there, and with or without kids, it’s a fun little area of the park. Please don’t mess with Roger, its one of my favorite rides!

A little piece of heaven

• See you there!

No, that sounds like too much work. I don't do demo. Too much work.

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    ToonTown does need work. Disney needs to get the Trolley back up and running in a safe manner, they need to replace Gadgets with a ride that can be enjoyed by more, or at least based on something people know about, and in general Disney needs to get all of the gags working and some decent food / entertainment to bring people into that area of the park. However aside from that, there really isnít enough room to put anything else back there, and with or without kids, itís a fun little area of the park. Please donít mess with Roger, its one of my favorite rides!
    Hey... I think we all agree, Roger is the best ride there. I think any remodel would have to include that ride. It always has a long line! and people seem to travel to toon town just for that. Besides, its a dark ride, and disney perfected the dark ride!

~Walt Disney~

• Once Upon a Dream

We didn't linger too long, but what we did do and see, my little guy loved. And we were geeks pushing all the buttons and pulling the doorknobs to see what would happen. I say keep it, but keep it up. I agree with it needing some fresh paint. Maybe some more shade for the path?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I vote to keep Roger Rabbit and then demo the rest and do a redo. When it first opened it had a number of activities for the little ones but now it just seems like there is the coaster, a quick visit to Mickey's house and Roger Rabbit. Unless we are taking first timers to the park we usually just skip this area completely.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's got a unique architectural style, it's way out past its a small world, and it closes early to launch fireworks.

It's really not a big plot of land. It's not doing any harm.

Oh and it's got Roger Rabbit, which is pretty decent.

• I'm not really here

I don't think it needs to be demoed... it just needs to be fixed. The idea is perfect. Roger Rabbit is great as are the various character homes. The theming is awesome and feels so real no matter how cartooney it is.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I vote to keep Roger Rabbit and then demo the rest and do a redo. When it first opened it had a number of activities for the little ones but now it just seems like there is the coaster, a quick visit to Mickey's house and Roger Rabbit. Unless we are taking first timers to the park we usually just skip this area completely.
    Thats exactly what started this thread. My wife and I have been AP'ers for a year now. I grew up going to Disneyland all the time but she grew up in Denver. She was looking at a map and said "Toon Town... whats that?" We had been to disneyland 9-10 times this year already, and I had never taken her to TT. I guess in my mind it was worth skipping. After going she says we can skip it from now on.

~Walt Disney~

• potterday.org

I think that coneptually Toontown is a great concept, and Roger Rabbit is too good a ride (and queue) to remove, and how on earth would you make a new land that such a ride fit into if it weren't Toontown?

It just needs some serious tlc, a facelift and makeover much like Fantasyland received. I believe someone created a thread a short time ago pointing out that Minnie's house is starting to look like she's living in depravity. Those kind of things need to be redressed. And it needs trees and shade. Lots of trees and shade....

Hang on - crazy concept here just coming to me... someone earlier said that Toontown becomes a scorcher when it gets over 80 degrees. Okay. What if the park decided to confirm one of the most ludicrous park myths and build a dome over the whole thing? A dome with animated clouds, a smiling and singing sun, flocks of cartoon birds, Mickey Mouse skydiving, etc. That way the area could be climate controlled.

Okay, I know that's a pretty ludicrous concept, but that would be the way to make Toontown amazing.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    I think that coneptually Toontown is a great concept, and Roger Rabbit is too good a ride (and queue) to remove, and how on earth would you make a new land that such a ride fit into if it weren't Toontown?

It just needs some serious tlc, a facelift and makeover much like Fantasyland received. I believe someone created a thread a short time ago pointing out that Minnie's house is starting to look like she's living in depravity. Those kind of things need to be redressed. And it needs trees and shade. Lots of trees and shade....

Hang on - crazy concept here just coming to me... someone earlier said that Toontown becomes a scorcher when it gets over 80 degrees. Okay. What if the park decided to confirm one of the most ludicrous park myths and build a dome over the whole thing? A dome with animated clouds, a smiling and singing sun, flocks of cartoon birds, Mickey Mouse skydiving, etc. That way the area could be climate controlled.

Okay, I know that's a pretty ludicrous concept, but that would be the way to make Toontown amazing.
    I thought it already had a dome over it?

~Walt Disney~

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post

Oh, if only that were feasible! Of course, then we'd all have "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile" stuck in our heads.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast