• Minion

Finding the meet when you're late.

What do we do when we're late to the meet and everyone has left for lunch already?

This happened to me yesterday. I called up Fishbulb as he was one of the few MCer phone numbers I had. I felt bad about calling him when he wasn't even in the park. Anyways, he called around and found out the group was at Pizza Port and called me back. I went over there but I didn't see anyone that I KNEW I remembered, there were a few that I thought were MCers but wasn't sure. I wanted to yell, "MiceChat! Assemble!" and see who looked, but I didn't want to look like an idiot if nobody did or if everybody did. My friend and I ended up just going to the Bengal BBQ for lunch instead.

So how do you think we should find the group if they've already left?
    How would we find the group if we're not quite sure who is in it like in my story?

• DL Nerd

Re: Finding the meet when you're late.

ya'll should wear MC pins or something....

or maybe a Red Rose
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Excuse me City Hall CM, im a lost child.

What is your parent's name.

My mom's name is Mice

My Dad's name is Chat.

:P
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by cdkihano View Post
    What do we do when we're late to the meet and everyone has left for lunch already?
    Arrive early next time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mac81962 View Post
    Arrive early next time.
    Harhar.

Well, I had my plans to be at the meet on time and even early but I got a text at about 3 AM from my friend asking if I could take her down to San Diego. She didn't get out of her appointment till 10 and we didn't leave till about 10:15. We got to the park at about 12:09 and had to wait in line at the ticket counter since she didn't have an AP. We got to the hub at about 12:35 and everyone was gone.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Get phone numbers of people who say they'll be at the meet?
    Ask someone you think looks familiar?
    MC was at the port yesterday, we were actually on both levels. Sorry you missed us. Maybe next week.

Saw your other post... you must have just missed us. We left about 12:30 (about when we usually leave) so we were probably still in line when you arrived at PP.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Get phone numbers of people who say they'll be at the meet?
    Ask someone you think looks familiar?
    MC was at the port yesterday, we were actually on both levels. Sorry you missed us. Maybe next week.

Saw your other post... you must have just missed us. We left about 12:30 (about when we usually leave) so we were probably still in line when you arrived at PP.
    Fishbulb is usually at the meet.
    I was thinking that you would be together or at least have some sort of MC logo on one of you to pick you out.

When I got to the hub and saw that no one was there I headed to the Mexican place that I'm used to you guys going to and look around. That's when I called Fishbulb and wandered around for a little bit. You guys were sitting outside and the group was split up. I thought I remembered a few faces but was too shy to ask. Dx I was looking for people I KNEW were a part of MC. I think the group left the park around 4 because I saw them again on Main Street.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

If you see a large group of people, that cover a large span of ages but don't seem to be an actual family, hanging out together and having too much fun, it's probably MiceChatters.

I ended up finding the group totally on accident yesterday! I was just in the park to renew my son's AP. We were on a 4 part mission- pass, pizza, pirates, pumpkin fudge. We didn't make the meet, but the pizza led us right to them anyway. Go figure!
    A signature should go here.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cdkihano View Post
    Fishbulb is usually at the meet.
    I was thinking that you would be together or at least have some sort of MC logo on one of you to pick you out.

When I got to the hub and saw that no one was there I headed to the Mexican place that I'm used to you guys going to and look around. That's when I called Fishbulb and wandered around for a little bit. You guys were sitting outside and the group was split up. I thought I remembered a few faces but was too shy to ask. Dx I was looking for people I KNEW were a part of MC. I think the group left the park around 4 because I saw them again on Main Street.
    Sometimes people wear MC shirts. I know several people had those rocking name badges that Rick and Lu made for the gay days meet. Sorry that you missed out on meeting up with us! Hopefully next time will work out.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    If you see a large group of people, that cover a large span of ages but don't seem to be an actual family, hanging out together and having too much fun, it's probably MiceChatters.
    Oops, I derailed myself. Anyway, if you should see such a group, you might as well just barge up and ask. If it's MiceChat, they'll be thrilled to see you. If it's not MiceChat, well, just think of it as an opportunity to refer more people to the site!

Also, if you read the weekly trip reports, you start to piece together who is who, so that helps as well.
    A signature should go here.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Go to City Hall, show them your AP, tell them that you are a MiceChatter, and then DEMAND that they put out a broadcast over the PA system for all available MC'ers to report to the Hub for a second meet just in your honor.

Yeah, that'll do it...

I've seen plenty of phone numbers passed along for just this possibility, and I'm up in NorCal and only get to a few Meets per year, so it sounds like that would be your best bet.

Or, just write it off as a missed opportunity and show up on time next week.

(that's what I'd do)

Enjoy!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Go to City Hall, show them your AP, tell them that you are a MiceChatter, and then DEMAND that they put out a broadcast over the PA system for all available MC'ers to report to the Hub for a second meet just in your honor.

Yeah, that'll do it...

I've seen plenty of phone numbers passed along for just this possibility, and I'm up in NorCal and only get to a few Meets per year, so it sounds like that would be your best bet.

Or, just write it off as a missed opportunity and show up on time next week.

(that's what I'd do)

Enjoy!
    Yes, this always works. If not, just go around shouting, "I'm an APer.
    Where's all the mice at"?

I keed.

No, really!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

We should have a MiceChat Secret Word or password to identify each other!!

• Quality not quantity

No, no, no, you have it all wrong. You don't find a meet.

You just wander into whatever eatery feels right, concentrate and by sheer force of will create one.

It's a gestalt thing.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

My advice is to have a few cell phone numbers with you at all times. Then you can just call someone and catch up.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/