• Shubisha

Halloween Treat night-of tickets

Quick question. Does anyone know if Disney is selling tickets to the sold out nights of Halloween Treat on the night-of? As in, did they save tickets this year so that even if a night's presale tickets were sold out there are still some available at the gate?

I'm mostly curious because I'm going to be sending them a feedback comment about being dismayed by the rampant profiting online for tickets that's still taking place 3 years into this event without any visible efforts to sway it. But if they're actually saving tickets to sell at the gate the night-of, that will probably lessen the extent of how annoyed by it I am.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Halloween Treat night-of tickets

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I'm mostly curious because I'm going to be sending them a feedback comment about being dismayed by the rampant profiting online for tickets that's still taking place 3 years into this event without any visible efforts to sway it.
    Profiteering? The tickets are actually cheaper online.

I fully support selling the entirety of the tickets online so people don't show up and get upset when they discover the event is sold out. It's better to have only the people who are patronizing the event show up. Selling tickets at the event only create lines and unhappy people.

I also don't see any tickets going on ebay for more than face value. In fact they seem to be going to less than $29-39 a ticket. I've seen some auctions for tickets for October 31st end with ZERO bids.

• Kenny the Pirate

No they aren't holding back tickets. I called to ask for you.
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Profiteering? The tickets are actually cheaper online.

I fully support selling the entirety of the tickets online so people don't show up and get upset when they discover the event is sold out. It's better to have only the people who are patronizing the event show up. Selling tickets at the event only create lines and unhappy people.

I also don't see any tickets going on ebay for more than face value. In fact they seem to be going to less than $29-39 a ticket. I've seen some auctions for tickets for October 31st end with ZERO bids.

Have to agree.

I bought tickets off Craigs List for face value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Shubisha

I like presales as well, and I agree that it's less of a problem this year as it was last year. It was pretty ridiculous last year and I think a combination of the people scalping realizing there's less demand and people attending becoming less interested in the minimal offerings have contributed to that more than the system working. But it's still going on. Like I said the demand looks to be less this year but the friday/saturday events as well as the 10/31 event was still stuck with it.

Bottom line for me is I sort of just wish that AP presale tickets were attached to the AP that bought them and other presales either had a name attached at the time of purchase or were willcalled(and allow refunds up until the day or something).

Thank you for calling on my behalf to ask btw Kenny