Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Parking question?

Hi everybody! quick question about the Mickey and Friends parking structure. How late can I leave my car there? I was planing to go to the park during the day and then see a movie afterwards at Downtown Disney, and I would like to be able to leave my car there instead of leaving to park it in the Downtown Disney lot. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Re: Parking question?

Well, I don't have an answer for you, though obviously you can be there at least as late as the park is open. I just wanted to welcome you to MiceChat and say that I love your screen name!
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

As late as the park is open is a good bet. No overnight, but I think midnight or even 0200 is probably alright.

SEMPER ABSURDA

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yep, as long as DTD is still open (movies, restaurants, stores, etc..), you're good.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the help everyone! I tried calling the park and the woman i talked to said that I would need to have the car out by an hour after the park closes, which did not sound right to me.

That might be the official statement, but in actuality, we have been parked in there up to a few hours after the Park closed.

Obviously, they aren't letting any new vehicles in, but I haven't seen them tow any out.

Good luck!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

In April we...uh.... closed down the Lost Bar at 2 AM and were able to retrieve cars from the parking structure. Of course.... the two cars we retrieved were the only ones there. (And before anyone freaks the drivers only went around the block to the motel and it had been a long period of time since the last drink.... we had spent the last few hours sitting around and chatting.)

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

^^^^

That's what they all say.

"Two beers" is another one...

hehe

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I would think for at least a couple hours after the park closes. Why do I say so? *clears throat and does his best "voice of Disneyland" impression* "Ladies and Gentlemen, Disneyland has now finished it's normal operating day. For your shopping convenience, Main Street will stay open for 1 hour", etc. etc. If you stay for that extra hour, you will need time to get back to your car. If a lot of people stay for that extra hour, then the tram lines will be longer.

That's all I know/can figure out, hope it helps!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

You can leave it overnight, just in case of staying overnight at a hotel or someone has to drive you home. I asked a parking lot attendant one time about that.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ I wouldn't bet on it. I don't think DLR has overnight parking security, and it would be a liability, since NO ONE reads the back of those darn parking tickets.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

They now have, as part of the pre-recorded on-board spiel, a closing time for the M&F parking structure. It will stay open up to one hour after DTD closes.

Hmm... I wonder if "they" saw this and/or other threads about this subject? One can hope, anyways.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The trams run for a hour after Downtown Disney closes, which is usually 2 AM when the bars have to close - but it's possible for the theatres to have a show that lets out later than that. And they can't clear out the parking lot till after that, people have to be allowed time to walk back to their cars.

If you think you might be later than that, I'd leave a dated note in the windshield for the nice parking officer. CYA and all that.

Here's the words right from the horse's mouth - the Fine Print on the back of the current parking ticket. Bold CAPS and italics are theirs, but I will highlight the approproiate stuff in red:

THIS CONTRACT LIMITS OUR LIABILITY - PLEASE READ IT.

This Ticket is your contract, LICENSES the holder to park ONE VEHICLE as directed, and acceptannce constitutes acknowledgement that you agree to these provisions. The DISNEYLAND® Resort is not responsible for and assumes no liability for damage to or theft of your vehicle or any articles left in it. ONLY A LICENSE OF SPACE IS CREATED AND NO BAILMENT IS CREATED. This is your entire contract and no employee can modify or waive any of its terms. PLEASE REMOVE ALL VALUABLES AND LOCK YOUR CAR. Only DISNEYLAND® Resort hotel guests may park their vehicles overnight. Any other vehicles parked overnight may be towed at the owner's expense. CAL Vehicle Code 22658. Anheim Police Dept. Phone No. (714)765-1900
    --<< Bruce >>--
    Last edited by Bruce Bergman; 11-03-2007 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Hit Send too soon somehow - stupid Control key...
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Old Timer

I have picked up my car as late as 4am; I ran into a friend who was staying at DH. The walk is a pain, but the structure is still lit up. I don't know how they would know whether or not you are a hotel guest as they don't give you your parking tag until you check in.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

And I've been there that late, too - Once Upon A Time the park was open till 2 AM on New Years Eve, and one year we all wandered out together from Rod's Piano (after the Security sweep team started giving us The Evil Eye in earnest) and we keep yacking all the way out to and in the lot. Most of us got there late and were way out in Winnie and Tinkerbell.

Then Rod changed into civvies, gets out of Harbor House, drives over from the Alice section and makes sure everyone's cars started - and we yakked some more...

When we were the last cars in the lot and the Parking Security came around for the third time to make sure everything was OK, we finally took the hint.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast