Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: I'm at Disneyland! July 17th - Camp out and day updates!

Wow, I can just envision it. Sounds like a blast so far.

• keep moving forward...

o.k. i have never even been to disneyland and yet im in tears ... i guess this isnt just Disneylands birthday afterall... its the realization of walts dream, and it paved the way for so many wonderful parks, but most of all this is a national holiday for anyone who has ever been affected by that dream

happy 50th to all of my freinds at micechat....

congratulations walt, no one ever doubted you for a second.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Its 9 a.m. One hour to dedication. A CM told someone Julie Andrews and the Governator will be here along with everbody else that was listed on the press release.

I'm at the end of mainstreet on the curb on the Plaza Pavillion side with a good view of the jumbotron in front of the Partners Statue.

I guess they released a bunch of new 50th merch becuase Thunder Ranch is a merch location with only 50th merchandise and a lot of people went straight there once that park opened. I've seen a lot of people with bags full of stuff... I'm interested to see what they have, but I have only $60 left, so I don't think I should buy anything haha.

Well, I will keep you all updated as much as I can. If anybody else can update with your own take on things please feel free to!

Anybody who might be able to post photos - I don't think the park has open wireless internet - but if you guys have a way please do!

• Minion

Thank you soo much for your updates!
    You got me crying into my venti latte.
    I hope you have a wonderful day, savor it for us all.
    Please keep em coming!

• "Always On The Move..."

Hey everyone enjoy the park for me! I was supposed to be there today, but an idiot with a temper and a "stick" took my kneecap out and I'm recovering from surgery on it. So, go have a good time and someone, ANYONE, Please ride Pirates and Indy for me!

With you all in spirit! It helps just to be able to read what is going on,, at least I can live through all of you on the boards! Go enjoy and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND!!!

(And now I really feel old, my parents took me the first week it was open. Didn't make the first day, but was there on the third, all 6 months old of me..and my parents excuse to go!) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    o.k. i have never even been to disneyland and yet im in tears ... i guess this isnt just Disneylands birthday afterall... its the realization of walts dream, and it paved the way for so many wonderful parks, but most of all this is a national holiday for anyone who has ever been affected by that dream

happy 50th to all of my freinds at micechat....

congratulations walt, no one ever doubted you for a second.
    I know what you mean. When I was in the park on the 2nd, I was in tears whenever I saw something familar. Being in the park after 8 monthes of not during the 50th, with her looking so much more like herself. It gets to me, bad.

• FastPass n00b

Thanks for the updates, it sounds like it's truly a blast to be there right now. Please keep the updates coming, they are very appreciated!

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch
    I was supposed to be there today, but an idiot with a temper and a "stick" took my kneecap out and I'm recovering from surgery on it.
    Wow, whatever you did to make that guy mad, it sure worked.

But seriously, someone who takes out someone's kneecaps with a stick has some very deep anger issues, no matter what provokes them. I am sorry to hear about your incident. How exactly did it happen?

• Traveler to the south

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DISNEYLAND!

"Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• "Always On The Move..."

My former lightsaber fighting partner was a 20-year old with an ego, temper and attitude, but, sadly no control. Some very young kids dared to ask how lightsaber fighting worked, and he got upset cause he didn't want to be bothered. Thus, I was the object of his rage (both physical and language) (and he admitted he took me out on purpose). Like I said FORMER fighting partner, and at least he didn't take it out physically on the kids watching, even though one set of parents vowed right there that he would never be allowed to be anywhere near their three kids with a saber again. So that is it in a nutshell.

And yeah, there are definite anger issues there. As for me, Im just upset that a years worth of planning (AND Rooms at Disneyland Hotel) had to be given up because of 30 secs of a temper tantrum.

Now someone PLEASE GO RIDE INDY AND PIRATES FOR ME! lol

But thanks for the concern. So at least through the boards I'm able to be there in spirit and watching everyup date with both a grin and a tear.

• Circle of Ancients

Just got off the phone with Jim Disney:

He said their were at least 10,000 people at DCA lining up this morning. The line started at the Golden Gate Bridge. Went through HPB all the way through the parade route and around Paradise Pier. Past Screamin', Boomer, MM and then through the SF district. When they got there at 4:45 they got in line near Grizzly. He said the line ended up back at the Golden Gate Bridge.

I spoke with him at 9:30 and there were at least 50,000 people in the park already.

He did mention they were playing some cool video stuff on the screens they have all around the park.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Wow thanks again everybody for the updates. Anders called me at about 8:30am, he said he got to the park at 5am and had just gotten into DL when he called me. He said it's PACKED. I so wish I was there.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Question if someone sees bigpigletfan at the meet can u get her to ansear her phone becuse i wannabe there in spirt somehow haha and to say hi to everyone ooh i hope everyone has a great day im going to the calgary stampede to take my mind of it cus i wish i was there neways every one have a great day and send my canadain love to everyone
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Rainicorn.

Bad idea: putting a 50th merchandise event in the Big Thunder Ranch AND a big screen for the Dedication ceremony. We couldn't get in and we had to go to IASW.

Art Linkletter's speech is awesome.

Small picture updates on my photoblog in my signature.

• Where Schemes Come True!

I hope everyone in the park is having fun given the amount of people and the anticipation regarding today...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast