Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: I'm at Disneyland! July 17th - Camp out and day updates!

The crowd in the park thinned out greatly following the 10:00 a.m. ceremony. I was told by Ah Schucks that they stopped letting people in right after him just prior to the ceremony, but reopened the gates soon after the ceremony ended as many exited at that time. The line for merchandise soaked up a large number of people in the morning and made wait times non-existent except for Space Mountain. Even in the afternoon, I felt the crowds weren't bad at all. I left the park around 7:00 p.m. and people were still receiving gold ears at that time. The line for Blue Bayou was amazing, they must have been some dedicated people to get in there since I would never have waited if we didn't have reservations. Also for pictures, DisneyKat and I have posted many pics in the "The Kat attacks Disneyland" thread.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Original Mice-Chatter

who do I have to beg to get a map?

• Circle of Ancients

I'm thinking they closed the gates because of the crowds on main street for the ceremony, not because the park reached capacity.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Does anyone one know if any of the rides were opened for guests to ride either before or during yesterdays ceremony at Disneyland? Or did they open after the ceremony ended?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

As far as I know, the rides were open all day. The ceremony probably just pretty much closed down Main Street because it was just so packed and no room to walk.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMikey
    Hey robotpirates... it's sorcerermikey, not hiddenmikey :P I'm not that shy!
    Ooopppss. I love you nonetheless!!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by jwbear
    The longest line we saw (except, of course, for the line to get in!) was the line for Blue Bayou. It was all the way back to the restrooms by the NOS station!
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME TWICE!!!

I was having to tell people that the wait could be approximately 2-3 hours. And they still waited!! Are they crazy or just stupid?!?!

But then because of that, management demanded we close the line, which was obnoxious, since we had been told the line would be open all day, so we told people to check back later if they wanted to eat later. YIKES! Never have I been yelled at so much by so many guests in one day.

My July 17th was stressful and exhausting. And I got to see a TON of MiceChat friends having fun, but for once I didn't get to join in.

And we were way too busy for me to even stop to say hello or goodbye.

I'm just glad at Crazylegs didn't get completely TRAMPLED on the ramp up into the restaurant. The wheelchair line for Pirates was the second most crazy... it led all the way into the street in NOS at one point!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Rainicorn.

MelMel! I TOTALLY SAID HI TO YOU IN THE DOORWAY OF THE BLUE BAYOU WHEN I WAS WAITING FOR MY RESERVATION! You seemed very stressed so I understood when you didn't hear.

Anyway, I'm glad I made my reservations early! I even sat at the table next to DustySage & company.

Huzzah!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    MelMel! I TOTALLY SAID HI TO YOU IN THE DOORWAY OF THE BLUE BAYOU WHEN I WAS WAITING FOR MY RESERVATION! You seemed very stressed so I understood when you didn't hear.

Anyway, I'm glad I made my reservations early! I even sat at the table next to DustySage & company.

Huzzah!
    Well, I guess the main issue is that PSes were available when you folks all made them, and they didn't completely book up, but they CLOSED them ... the folks at Disney Dining decided that they wanted us to have a standby line that day. Great in theory, but...

People were mad "We called months ago to make them and they said today would be stand by only, but THOSE people say that they have reservations" blah blah..

And it's hot outside, and I'm trying to be as cordial as possible... but I can only do so much.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Well, I guess the main issue is that PSes were available when you folks all made them, and they didn't completely book up, but they CLOSED them ... the folks at Disney Dining decided that they wanted us to have a standby line that day. Great in theory, but...

People were mad "We called months ago to make them and they said today would be stand by only, but THOSE people say that they have reservations" blah blah..

And it's hot outside, and I'm trying to be as cordial as possible... but I can only do so much.
    I understand.

-- robotarmada.net --

• World Famous Skipper

Disneyland.... seriously, I met my roommates once I think..

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Does anyone one know if any of the rides were opened for guests to ride either before or during yesterdays ceremony at Disneyland? Or did they open after the ceremony ended?

Yeah, they were open all day. But nobody really seemed to care.. Over at Jungle, one of the original rides, mind you, we didn't have our first guest until forty minutes after they opened the gates. It was nice to get paid to stand in a boat by myself for an hour, though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345