Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why are the canoes and the Seasons of the Vine attraction never open? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Does anyone know when these are open, or if they may be anytime between Oct 31st and Nov 4th? Weekends only? Summers only? At the whim of a CM? Or what?!
    You've got your answer to the operational schedule of the Canoes.

But just a reminder that if you ever do have a question about operating times or such, you can ask a Cast Member. They will consult their Cast Member Reference Guide and tell you the answer.

It is also adviseable to stop in at City Hall and speak with the host/hostess there, as they not only have the Reference Guide in their pocket, but they also have a phone and the ability to contact the location management directly to get specific details answered to any question you may have.

You may also telephone Disneyland directly and speak with a live Guest Relations host/hostess by calling (714) 781-0000, or look in the local telephone book for the number for Disneyland.

As for Seasons of the Vine, that's a whole other story. It's an "attraction" but it is not run by Attractions Hosts/Hostesses or led by Attractions management. Seasons of the Vine is staffed by Foods CM's and is supervised by Foods management. As such, its operation is wildly inconsistent and simply very shoddy. Foods doesn't seem to care about much of anything, let alone staffing and operating an attraction. Good luck getting any Foods CM to do anything for you at Seasons of the Vine.

• Feed the Ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Go ride the Canoes
    I think that I will ride them, then ride them again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...then I'll take a break, then I'll go back and ride them again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...then I'll get some lunch, then I'll go back and ride them again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and then another break, and then I'll go back and ride them again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again and then I'll stop and go back on Sunday and do it all over again.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    But just a reminder that if you ever do have a question about operating times or such, you can ask a Cast Member. They will consult their Cast Member Reference Guide and tell you the answer.
    Note, the CM Reference Guide does NOT list the hours of operation of the Canoes, or any other limited hour attraction (such as Innoventions).

It really is a mystery to MOST...

Now, for folks like DC Ken, I am sure he knows how many times he goes around the river each and every day the Canoes are open...

Anf FYI, you will be lucky if you get Ken on your Canoe.... Now, if he is in the front, you might not be as lucky

But at least he knows his jokes.... especially the BAD jokes

And some serious stuff, here is hoping that the weather and smoke issues are much better by the weekend, for both the guests and CM's sake!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Boat shoes all day long

The canoes are usually closed because of the pirates. Last weekend a man dressed as one of the pirates that duals Sparrow jumped off the island and swam to the canoe tipping it over and laughing all the way.

Only thing is, it wasn't that funny. And, there was a large man on the canoe that was wearing a white t-shirt. As his t-shirt became wet, he got mad. When all the guests were safely back to the dock on the New Orleans side, that is when it all went down. The large man grabbed the pirate and dragged him all the way to It's a small world. I guess there wasn't much any of the CM's could do but watch, as the guest made the pirate ride IASW until he promised to do the guys laundry for a month.

I guess they are dating now or something? It was in the paper.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks all for your info.

I guess my problem for the canoes is that we always go to DCA on the Sat when we are on our yearly trip to Disneyland (always the first 4-5 days of Nov), and so I always miss the canoes. Too bad they aren't offered on Fridays--those are busy days too! I also always miss the Columbia Sailing Ship, for the same reasons I guess.

I'd love to show my 3 boys "Seasons of the Vine"--we live near Wine Country (near Napa) and I'd like them to learn about winemaking (without winetasting).

I'll ask for the show when I'm in DCA on Sat Nov 3rd and I'll let you guys know what happens.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The use of the Sailing Ship Columbia is usually based on expected crowd size. If it is expected to be a high attendance day, the Columbia will come out from around 11 to 4 PM to run with the Mark Twain. It is pulled around 4 PM on days Fantasmic! is scheduled, as the entertainment staff have to start to work on the boat, setting up the aerial riggings, etc.

Of course, if the Mark Twain is getting some work done on it, then they will substitute the Columbia, which runs by itself most of the day.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

This may be a little off topic but I love the canoes so much. It is quite the throw back to what Disneyland was originally like in that area of the park.

Disney Road

I really love the canoes also. Just because. It's a different view around the rivers of America from inside a canoe. And I like a ride where I'm the engine. If I could work any attraction I wanted, I'd choose the canoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12