Thread: Just got back!

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

Just got back!

we got there at 2am, got into DCA about 5am...then got into DL at about 7:30ish, we got to walk right past the people in line, we didnt go thru the turnstyles, but thru the exit gates! it rocked. ceremony was great too!!

im sure people will have PLENTY of stories....im so tired. ugh....but it was all worth it!
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Just got back!

Well, tell us all about it.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

my girlfriend will type a whole crapload - guarantee. im goin to take a nap, goodnight
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Minion

yea thanks hun, leave it all to me

ok . . . so we got there at about 2:45/3:00 (too tired to really know)
    here's a picture from when we got there

then we got in to DCA, got our maps , ears and wristbands and walked to the end of our yellow line (cuz we got yellow wrist bands) and sat right in front of the maliboomer
    here's me

and matt

then they corralled us all together at abour 6:45
    here are some pictures of the lines

they let us past everyone waiting in line. i felt like i had 2,000 eyes on me. every single person in line was watching us all walk in. . .then we finally got in and i seriously wanted to cry . . . all the cast members were out there saying "welcome home" and "happy birthday" and giving high fives and hugs
    heres matt giving a cast member a high five

and here's main street

then we went and got breakfast
    got our cupcakes!!

then we walked on space mountain, matterhorn, indiana jones, pirates (which i fell asleep on), thunder mountain, and buzz lightyear . . . and when i say "walked on", i mean it . . . we walked straight on
    then we went and watched the ceremony from space mountain
    here are some pictures

then we hung out for a few more hours, but it got way too busy for us . . . so we went home around 12 or so . . .

and that was our 50th

• That's Hawt

It Sounds .... AWESOME!!!! I am really happy you had a great time ... and only a wee bit jealous
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Bear Country Refugee

I just got home too.

My friend & I got to the park at 8:15AM. The "Standby Line" wasn't too bad; we got in the gates a little before 9:00 and. At the advice of a friendly GC CM (thanks Rebecca!), we headed for Small World Way to watch the ceremonies. Great choice!

After the ceremonies we walked right on to IASM, and it broke down just as our boat was approaching unload. We rode the train (the Ward Kimble - my 1st time!) around to NOS and went to have lunch at French Market. Then HM and some shopping in Adventureland. We watched the 3:15 parade from Coke Corner. By then, the heat was getting to us, so we did some more shopping on our way down Main Street, and then out.

All in all the crowds weren't too bad - certainly not what I was fearing. And we got free golden ears! What more is there than that?

i wondered what happend to the people who waited in DCA... i would think most would have wanted to watch the ceremony in front of the castle... we went in after all the people were loaded from DCA... it was not more then 5 mins and we were in ... walked in and was standing in front of the castle... not a great view, but at least it was still in front of the castle... ill have pictures up soon
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Aniko~*~
    yea thanks hun, leave it all to me

. . .

and that was our 50th
    Hey cool pics & story. I'm trying hard not to regret not being there. I can tolerate crowds, but I'm not a fan of swarms of people. And having survived the Pirates event (5+ hours of waiting for merchandise is too long in my book), I'd prefer not to go through a similar experience again.

Hope you're okay with me using your cupcake image for my avatar for a few days. If not PM me and I'll change it.

• no flash photography...

here's my pictures ....we left DL as soon as DCA opened...and everything there was practically a walk on...