Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Politics invade DL's birthday for a moment

I just read on another site that when Arnold Schwarzenegger took the stage today, some PO'ed Union people started booing and broke out an anti-Arnold banner for a moment. Looks like the Union's are really spending the money to trash Arnold. Guess they don't want to loose their golden eggs. I hope the eggs all crack. I have an aunt who works as a teacher for the Moreno Valley school district and makes around $90k a year and does next to NOTHING. I don't know how she did it, but she doesn't have to make lesson plans, correct papers or assign home work...and she is not in administration. Anyway......

San Soo Justin

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Politics invade DL's birthday for a moment

So.... you're upset that your aunt makes a good living?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I am so proud of my fellow union members, whomever they were, to have the courage to boo Arnold, the worst governor we have seen in California in ages. He had no business being there! If you want to blame anyone, blame Arnold, not the union members.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I'm proud of those people that booed the governator also.

I'm a member of IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees). As may not be the perceived case with your aunt's union, I know in mine that I work very hard at my job and am glad that I have a union that sets a standard wage and working conditions no matter which show I work on.

It is sad that in this country people perceive unions to be a bad thing. I know too many non-union folk that work so very hard at their respective careers and are not earning a living wage and cannot support themselves, much less their families.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    I'm proud of those people that booed the governator also.

I'm a member of IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees). As may not be the perceived case with your aunt's union, I know in mine that I work very hard at my job and am glad that I have a union that sets a standard wage and working conditions no matter which show I work on.

It is sad that in this country people perceive unions to be a bad thing. I know too many non-union folk that work so very hard at their respective careers and are not earning a living wage and cannot support themselves, much less their families.
    That's exactly what I was gonna post too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• the subs were cool maan

I swear. First we kick out the old govener, elect a new one, then we hate him. Do people always have to blame their problems on the government?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    I swear. First we kick out the old govener, elect a new one, then we hate him. Do people always have to blame their problems on the government?
    Hear, Hear.............those who look to the government for the answer to all of their problems will never be happy........make your own happiness and stop asking for the government to solve your problems and you will find that you are better off
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Launch sequence engaged

The fact that they decided to protest it during the ceremony was in bad taste IMO. I'm not trying to provoke anything, I'm just saying they wasted their time. The droves of people in the park watching the ceremony were there to celebrate Disneyland, not to view an anti-Schwarzenegger movement.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy

I under stand exactly what you mean. I did not like Davis at all. Why are people booing Arnie? I remember that most people view him as a godsend when he was first elected (Plus he did not have any compitition that could size up to him: No pun intended Gary).

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooJustin
    I have an aunt who works as a teacher for the Moreno Valley school district and makes around $90k a year and does next to NOTHING...she doesn't have to make lesson plans, correct papers or assign home work...and she is not in administration. Anyway......

San Soo Justin
    Well that sure as heck would be nice if that happened in the rest of the country... Teachers over here can't even survive on their lousy wages and they put up with a heckofalot.

The union members were out of line. This was a celebration for Disneyland, not an opportunity to further their agenda.

I have to laugh when I think about people who say that union leaders are selfless humanitarians just trying to get living wages for their workers. Wake up folks. If you don't see what the unions and education establishment are doing to everyday teachers, then no amount of explanation here can get my point across.

But I'm happy to hear that D-Land security took care of the problem quickly.

• Sock Puppet

Exclamation Re: Politics invade DL's birthday for a moment

Everybody wants the govenor to fix the state, as long as it doesn't take away from their piece of the pie. Government workers, making almost $100,000, getting 80 % retirement packages for the next 30 to 40 years. Do the math, the state can't afford to pay 10s of 1000s of people that much money who are not working over the next several years. Between that and the illegal alien problem, California will no longer be the golden state in the not so distant future. Unless you are for a 65% tax rate. Anyway.....back to Disneyland. Got off on a rant.

Justin

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Time and place, Ladies and Gentlemen... Time and place.

Despite how you may feel about certain things or certain people, today at Disneyland was not the time and place to boo the Governor, nor to boo Michael Eisner. It was the time and place to cheer Walt Disney.

(The Disneyland Resort forum is also not the place to discuss politics. Don't be surprised if this winds up in the litterbox.)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney

Despite how you may feel about certain things or certain people, today at Disneyland was not the time and place to boo the Governor, nor to boo Michael Eisner. It was the time and place to cheer Walt Disney.

(The Disneyland Resort forum is also not the place to discuss politics. Don't be surprised if this winds up in the litterbox.)

Hear, Hear
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Back home :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney

I agree wholeheartedly! I have NO problem whatsoever with people expressing their displeasure with a politician, however, it peeves me off that they did it at a celebration for Disneyland. There is a time and place for that (political rallies and so forth) but to do it at Disneyland's birthday? Let's just say they should be glad I wasn't there... It's sad that these people tried to ruin a celebration for DL... bah to them!

Edited to add: And before anyone jumps down my throat about the above, I just want to add that I come from a family of teachers (two of which are in Southern California) so I wholeheartedly support teachers and their struggles.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast