Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

OC Register graphic map showing the upcoming changes

A very good look at the new "DCA" map...

http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages...8disney_gp.gif
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: OC Register graphic map showing the upcoming changes

That's awesome!

Thanks Darkbeer!

• Sock Puppet

They put the Grizzly River Run text in the wrong spot. That's actually the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

It looks like the Golden Zephyr is going to stay. Can't tell for sure though.

I hope A Bug's Land, Hollywood, and Carsland are all connected.

Haven't heard anything about the Hyperion. I hope it gets the plussing Al reported.

It looks like a lot of what Al said is coming to fruition.

Thanks for the link Darkbeer! How much of the Timon lot is going to be sacrified for the new park? I read 12 acres in the graphic, but what percent of the current lot does the equate to?

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

THINGS TO NOTE:

The MuppetVision Building is new indicating PhilharMagic

Next to Golden Zephyr has a new spot probably indicating the Lighthouse

Those three things on the east side of Paradise Pier im guessing are the Goofy Coaster, Beer Gardens and something else.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

I was noticing that too.

A few of the "new" buildings were unlabeled but definitely shaded to mark them as "new."

Even some "new" buildings in what is right now the Pacific Wharf area.

The Press Release did say new food options were on the way for that area.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Shubisha

Interactive Walt Disney story? First I heard of that.. So likely just MGM Studios' One Man's Dream?:P

• Launch sequence engaged

Thanks for that link, I look forward to the day we can see that map on a DCA full-color park map.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    THINGS TO NOTE:

The MuppetVision Building is new indicating PhilharMagic

Those three things on the east side of Paradise Pier im guessing are the Goofy Coaster, Beer Gardens and something else.
    Where'd you hear about a Goofy Coaster? This is totally unfamiliar to me...

I see a new path that links Hollywood to Cars Land, to Paradise Pier. This makes me so happy. A BIG improvement, IMO.

In general, I'm very excited for all of the news and plans. Esp. considering I heard on the ABC broadcast that the Park's name might change, too. This would solve the clash of the themes (between CA and, well... TLM, CL, TSMM, abl!, among others. Although, I can't think of any others.).

I'm glad Screamin' is staying. I absolutely love the look of the ride, as well as the ride itself.

Bring it on, Disney! Woo hoo!!

• Just one of those days

Red Face Re: OC Register graphic map showing the upcoming changes

It's going to be so much more like Main Street now-more transportation, movement, and color.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Where'd you hear about a Goofy Coaster? This is totally unfamiliar to me...

I see a new path that links Hollywood to Cars Land, to Paradise Pier. This makes me so happy. A BIG improvement, IMO.

In general, I'm very excited for all of the news and plans. Esp. considering I heard on the ABC broadcast that the Park's name might change, too. This would solve the clash of the themes (between CA and, well... TLM, CL, TSMM, abl!, among others. Although, I can't think of any others.).

I'm glad Screamin' is staying. I absolutely love the look of the ride, as well as the ride itself.

Bring it on, Disney! Woo hoo!!

DL_CRAZE posted this from another website:
    This is a qoute by DIZFAN from Mouseinfo.com:

Just got back from work and seeing the 45 minute or so CAST TV presentation. I gotta ask why they chose these particular pieces of concept art to release when there was a lot better ones.

Things I Like:
    - The return of the FLYING SAUCERS!!!! Luigi's Tire Ride (not actual name, can't remember it well) was a nice little surprise. I don't know why tires are 'flying', but it looks fun! I hope it does not go too often. There was also a Mater attraction but I could not hear very well what it was.

- The NEW partners statue! I loved the art of the new Partners statue for : young Walt with early Mickey, suitcases in hand just arriving in CA! Neat Idea!

- The detailing in Cars Land and the massive mountains in background. They showed us a model and the mountains look huge!

- The Little Mermaid show building facade looks nice, but it really is strange having this fantasy looking facade with turrets and pennets next to the Palace of Fine Arts.

-GOOFY'S DRIVING SCHOOL COASTER. Or something to that effect replacing Madness. ANYTHING is better than Madness, and the concept art for this seemed very nice. Not the best theme IMO, though.

-The concept art of Paradise Pier was gorgeous.

- The Trolleys going up Walt Disney Plaza and into Hollywood Blvd up to ToT will add a nice kenetic energy to a lifeless area.

- The BEER GARDENS. Hate the name, but the area looked very nice. I will enjoy relaxing there.

They showed way too much stuff for me to process right now, but most of it gets a thumbs up from me except these two things:

- Mickey Face of the Sun Wheel! I thought it was rumor but they actually showed it, it looks bad.

- The entry turnstiles look exactly like MGMs! Down to the red letters, except it will spell out Disney's California Adventure here.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 11-01-2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Removed links to other forum site
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Ermmm...what's the Goofy Coaster?

So does this mean that Mr. Martin is now permantly at Main Street?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    I think Paradise Pier really needs a lighthouse. I don't know why, I just want one there.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Trolley View Post
    It's going to be so much more like Main Street now-more transportation, movement, and color.
    Welcome to MiceChat, Jolly Trolley!

I'm looking forward to riding the trolleys myself. This is what DCA has been missing since the beginning. It's sort of odd when there are trains, boats, and cars of every kind in the granddaddy park next door, to have no form of transportation whatsoever in DCA. It will be a welcome addition to Walt Disney Plaza.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Interactive Walt Disney story? First I heard of that.. So likely just MGM Studios' One Man's Dream?:P
    Except you have to also help Buzz Lightyear protect Walt Disney's office from the threat of invasion by the evil emperor Zurg!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast