Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What happens to the Electrical Parade during Construction ???

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    ok whatever i spoke to an IMAGINNER (whos working on the World of Color Show) he's a close friend of mine and told me that World of Color is going to replace Electrical Parade in 09. It is going to be shipped out in pieces to HKDL and open in the summer of 09 as well, they are trying to get Electrical Parade back to Disneyland Park but if they don't get the go it will stay at HKDL for a 5 year run. Believe it Or Not say what you want this is true!
    Oh, I believe it! I don't like it, but I believe it.

It's much more cost-effective to do World of Color, with no auditions, floats, or performers to pay....

I wish it wasn't so. If it were up to me, no attractions would ever be discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    After EP's 2 week run in December, it may or may not come back. I've heard that it might not come back. I don't think anyone can say anything definite at this time, as the Entertainment Dept. probably doesn't have the full details on the upcoming construction timetable. And what the construction affects may expand once they get to work. They still have Aladdin and High School Musical 2 Pep Rally. If management feels that they need some additional entertainment offering for the guests to appease them during construction, EP is an easy solution. And the mounting of the new Pixar Play parade might affect whether they can run EP.

I don't expect a final decision for Jan-Apr. until December, and I doubt they'll ever announce "It won't be coming back." It can always remain in storage and be brought out when needed. I don't know if Imagineering really knows what will ultimately happen, as these decisions are made in the Entertainment Dept, not Imagineering.
    The Electrical Parade is on the schedule right up to Jan 27th (7:45pm) So, they are extending it till the end of January---so far.

• Koubu Pilot

Electrical Parade, how I love thee (and thou art a difficult to catch moving target)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=ezxKCSuCyTM

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

As I understand it, the DEP will be offered on weekends as a replacement for BPB, which ends January 6th.

If Pixar Play! Pals starts Easter Break, then both will be offered during the 2 major weeks of peak (the last 2 weeks of March), then the DEP will go on hiatus until summer.

But there are some issues about construction and parade routes, so there have been no official start date for the Play! parade.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Angry Re: What happens to the Electrical Parade during Construction ???

IMO, it would be rotten history repeating itself if Disney ended DEP's run at DCA. Quite frankly, I hope DEP stays here permanently as I am tired of these marketing ploys to fill the parks to see the parade "one last time". Remember Light Magic? Let's not make the same mistake twice, please!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Didn't you guys hear? They're sending the Electrical Parade over to my place here in Santa Rosa. If you wanna watch it you'll have to pay the fee to come on in! Good luck!

...Joe...

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    The Electrical Parade is on the schedule right up to Jan 27th (7:45pm) So, they are extending it till the end of January---so far.
    Ah, you're right about it being on the schedule. Something about that may eventually change, as logistically, it doesn't work when you have Parade of Dreams starting at 6:30pm. (Many of the performers in EP come from POD.) My guess will be adjusting parade times for either POD(earlier) or EP(later).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM View Post
    "Remember Brake Light Tragic?"
    Fixed!

Ah, you're right about it being on the schedule. Something about that may eventually change, as logistically, it doesn't work when you have Parade of Dreams starting at 6:30pm. (Many of the performers in EP come from POD.) My guess will be adjusting parade times for either POD(earlier) or EP(later).
    ... they do?
    THAT's why POD runs at 6:30 on weekends!

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    ok whatever i spoke to an IMAGINNER (whos working on the World of Color Show) he's a close friend of mine and told me that World of Color is going to replace Electrical Parade in 09. It is going to be shipped out in pieces to HKDL and open in the summer of 09 as well, they are trying to get Electrical Parade back to Disneyland Park but if they don't get the go it will stay at HKDL for a 5 year run. Believe it Or Not say what you want this is true!
    There's more than one version of the parade that currently exists, and one of those versions is already at HKDL. Tokyo had a version of the original that ran as well......that's the one that's either (a.) already sitting backstage at HKDL, or (b.) will eventually be shipped there. It's definitely not our version that's leaving for Hong Kong.

Oh, and it's Imagineer.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Just one of those days

I hate hearing the recording in DCA saying "Disney's Electrical Parade." Talk about lame!
    But I'm not sure if it could work in Disneyland anymore. Think about it: two parade showtimes, two or even three Fantasmics, and the fireworks. I don't think it would fit in with the afternoon/night crowds. And how would it work at night when people are lining up for the fireworks?
    The only way it could work is if it only showed on nights without the fireworks...which would be pretty sad.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    ... they do?
    THAT's why POD runs at 6:30 on weekends!
    Let me explain it for you then:

Currently:
    2nd POD starting at 6:30pm, EP at 8:45pm (2hr, 15 min gap)

January 2008 weekends (according to Disneyland.com):
    2nd POD starting at 6:30pm, EP at 7:45pm (1 hr, 15 min gap)

So according to the Disneyland.com calendar, now CMs will have 1 hour less than they currently do for the turn-around. And don't forget, this gap is for the time between step-offs for the parades. That doesn't include the time it takes for POD to perform 3 show stops.

I know that, I just didn't know there was cross-u for them.

Are you sure? I always thought the two parades were completely separate and didn't share anything, much less performers.....in common.

I can't imagine being a character in POD, and then running and having to change costume for the Electrical Parade !

• Dave

Blog Entries

Since there are not any parades in the off season they could offer it than when alot of us out of towners come to stay.
    Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast