Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What happens to the Electrical Parade during Construction ???

Moreover, what is the future of the Electrical Parade in general, once World of Color begins?

• Dark Side Full

Re: What happens to the Electrical Parade during Construction ???

Hopefully, it, too, gets updated with LED lights during Disney's California Adventure's expansion.

And, its future? Well, perhaps the new parade route won't be anywhere near the World of Color Performance Area. Because I say, bring in more nighttime entertainment!!! Have as many Guests stay until closing. Don't flock over next door to catch some pyrotechnics.

If the parade route conflicts with World of Color, then the Electrical Parade should be showcased before, and maybe, after the fountain show.

*These are my genuine thoughts, not directed at any specific person.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    Hopefully, it, too, gets updated with LED lights during Disney's California Adventure's expansion.
    That wasn't in the press release, and there's been nothing from Sylvania to indicate anything new.

It seems as if World of Color replaces the Electrical Parade---and I really hope I'm wrong.

Financially, World of Color will be far cheaper to run than a Parade.

Again, let's pray that I'm wrong.

• Disney Nerd

*crazy thought from a nursing mom who was up @ 5am after 4 hours of sleep thanks to her little one*

Maybe, just maybe we shall get the ultimate gift and that amazing nighttime parade will be rechristened as the MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL LIGHT PARADE once again!

(hey a girl can dream!!!!!!!!)

• Mickey Mouse Slave

i think what they should do is run eletrical parade at 8:00, Run WOrld of Colors at 9:00, ending with a 9:25 fireworks at Disneyland.

should be able to draw both fantasmic and fireworks crowd.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    Maybe, just maybe we shall get the ultimate gift and that amazing nighttime parade will be rechristened as the MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE once again!
    I was thinking the same thing. And the switchover to LEDs has already gradually begun on EP.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

at the time the Disney's World of Color nighttime show begins opening to the public Disneys Electrical Parade will be halfway across the ocean at Hong Kong Disneyland. This has already been confirmed by one of the imaginears who is working on the WWOC show(I know him personally). So Electrical Parade will have its final run in the summer of 2009.

• Shubisha

Hong Kong getting the electrical parade has nothing to do with the Disneyland Resort's Electrical parade. Disney has had several copies of this parade running concurrently. Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Tokyo Disneyland all had it running at the same time. Walt Disney World's was sent to Disneyland Paris, who is no longer using it, and it is this version that Hong Kong will likely get. Whatever is or isn't happening with Disneyland's, it has nothing to do with that.

This new parade route confuses me. The current corridor works pretty well, but what is the newfangled route?

• Disney Starved in AZ

Oh to only hope they return the parade to Main Street U.S.A.!!!!!

• Yo!

The parade will definitely be staying throughout the construction. Its run is actually being extended past its normal 2 weeks for the holidays. Because BPB is leaving in January, the Electrical Parade will continue to perform weekends-only throughout the off-season.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

ok whatever i spoke to an IMAGINNER (whos working on the World of Color Show) he's a close friend of mine and told me that World of Color is going to replace Electrical Parade in 09. It is going to be shipped out in pieces to HKDL and open in the summer of 09 as well, they are trying to get Electrical Parade back to Disneyland Park but if they don't get the go it will stay at HKDL for a 5 year run. Believe it Or Not say what you want this is true!

• Lost in Wonderland

I believe there are only two sets of Electrical Parade Floats (not counting EP Dreamlights).

After EP's 2 week run in December, it may or may not come back. I've heard that it might not come back. I don't think anyone can say anything definite at this time, as the Entertainment Dept. probably doesn't have the full details on the upcoming construction timetable. And what the construction affects may expand once they get to work. They still have Aladdin and High School Musical 2 Pep Rally. If management feels that they need some additional entertainment offering for the guests to appease them during construction, EP is an easy solution. And the mounting of the new Pixar Play parade might affect whether they can run EP.

I don't expect a final decision for Jan-Apr. until December, and I doubt they'll ever announce "It won't be coming back." It can always remain in storage and be brought out when needed. I don't know if Imagineering really knows what will ultimately happen, as these decisions are made in the Entertainment Dept, not Imagineering.

i would love to see the electrical parade STAY in "DCA" and have the park have 2 parade routes one that is from the "HPB" around the new "Hub" area. and end somewhere at a new gat in carsland! and the otehr parade route go from the end gate of electrical parade through paradise pier and end at the "PP" gate

• Around the World Cruisin'

I really hope that it stays, whether in DCA or DL. I would hate for them to think that BPB or HSM is an adequate substitute for the EP...
    Rule #42: The Queen Always Wins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast