Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• For old time sake

The Kat (and friends attack Disneyland on 7/17

Hello all. I am posting to you live from my dining room while my cat sits here happy to have food. I am off to shower. What a great day!!! I'll be back in just a few minutes to update you. I'm tired, I'm sore and I'm so happy i got to spend the day in the park. I have a MILLION (It seems) stories to share.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Wonderful World

Re: The Kat (and friends attack Disneyland on 7/17

Hurry Up!!!
    I'm back MiceChat

Any good pictures from last night? Have to see to baleve.

• Official Mice Chat person

Can't wait

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm impatiently waiting for pictures, Disneykat!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Wasn't Me!

Me Too!!!

• For old time sake

First and foremost I have to tell you all that the most amazing thing happened to Light Beer and I. I got to DTD after work (approx 9:30 ish) and met up with Mamabot, SusieP, Grumpy4 and lightbeer at Uva. I found out I could buy a 1 day pass and use it within the next week or so...which meant I could buy a ticket at 11pm!!!! So Lightbeer and I go to the lines (He had bought his already and was going to walk over to the booth with me) and as we situate ourselves to wait....a lady came up to our line and asked if anyone wanted a "ticket for tomorrow"!!! Apparantly she and her family had 3 day hopper tickets and were leaving Sunday morning so the tickets were good for one more day. She wanted no money for them and merely wanted to give them away!!!!SO COOL!!!!

Villains fan and I arrived to line up shortly after 5am and were surprised at the line. Luckily it moved quickly and we (along with Anders) found ourselves through the security check, into DCA and on the path to our waiting area. We were situated right across from Grizzly River RUn. Along the way, we ran into Tictocdragon, Crazylegs, Chernabog, Not Afraid, Grumpy4, SusieP, and many other Mice Chatters!!!! ANd so...we sat....and waited....We even talked Speederscout and Gwyren into waiting with us.

Fireworks went off, and CM's proudly announced that Disneyland was open!!! YAY!!!! Off we went through DCA to the main gate and we were amazed both at how organized and well thought out the whole process was. We were also in awe at how many people were in the Espalande. The greatest thing was seeing the pure joy and excitement coming forth from Speederscout!!!

We really felt like celebrities as we walked into the park. We saw Mamabot and crew who were waiting to get in. We were so excited. We felt truly like kids at Christmas. Speederscout was privy to info that awaited us as we came into the park. We were so happy to hear cheers from CM's as we entered. They said "Happy Birthday" and cheered as we made our way down Main Street. I felt as though we should have been thanking them for all they have done to keep the magic alive. I want to say to all our Mice Chat CM's YOU GUYS make our experience so great and I am so happy to see so many CM's who are proud of the company (once again) for whom they work. I had chills the whole time we walked down the street. Thanks for making our day!!!

After rethinking standing in the merch line, we went to Space Mountain (OMG Imust reiterate how much I love this ride!!! It is sooooooo awesome and the music is FANTASTIC and the effects...just so great to have our ride back...updated but still our ride) and then found ourselves along the Nemo wall. Now keep in mind that sleep deprivation brings out the funnies in these Mice Chatters. We decided to got for fishy/turtle kisses

and since SOMEONE wasn't into kissing a fish/turtle kisses, we made him do the wave

FYI...here's Main St. with a (somewhat) sea of gold!!!!

Off to IASW area to watch the mornings ceremonies!!! We ran into some more Mice Chatters while there:

Hot on the "no standing" job:

Thankfully there was no "trouble" to be had!!!!!!

Prior to the ceremony the gnomes, Bjorn and Karol made an appearance!!!! Joy was brought to the hearts of all....well, for a short time at least.

Just look at this smiling face

We parted ways with our friends

and headed to BB. Here we find Tictocdragon carefully inspecting all items on the menu to insure the food meets fine consumption standards!!!!

Speederscout enjoys his 2nd cup of java while Villains fan is singing praises to our Mighty Walt...long live C.O.W.)

Then it was, miss the 70 rider caroussel (so sorry all!!! We tried but I hear it was a great ride!!!) and onto Casey Jr

and more walking and walking while meeting more and more mice chatters. I speak for all I am sure when I say DUSTYYYYYYYY it was soooooo great to see you. You were missed and we were so happy to have you among us today!!!

In true MC form, we rode IASW and I hear our rocking o' the boat, caused for some wet butt action for those in the 4th row!!! or was it the 3rd???

Shhh, don't tell Schucks that his "spritzer" is really not a squirt gun!!!

And let me tell you EVERYONE had a great time on IASW!!!! So much so that they were pretending to be asleep just to ride again:

A quick trip to the hub to pic up Tictocdragon and his WONDERFUL wife, and to soak up the sun (Caspian is actually asleep here but we just acted like he was sun "bathing" because Mice chatters are always awake and alert):

Then it was off to Town Square for the Dedication Speech at 4:45

We were asked to clear a space for a "special guest" and what a treat when this guy showed up!!!!

As Walt's speech and a beautiful video montage was played Mickey stood by the plaque and flagpole in Town Square and I wondered if there was a dry eye in the place. It really was so awesome to hear the speech Walt gave 50 yrs ago. Now I must say we did find a discrepency in the playing of this speech.

You see, Disneyland informed us that this would take place at the exact moment that Walt gave the speech 50 yrs ago. But in our crazy minds, we realized one major thing. Because the sun was not in the exact spot based on the axis and rotation of the planet and because essentially we were not in the EXACT SAME PLACE in the galaxy that we were 50 yrs ago and because of leap years and what not....was this REALLY exactly 50 yrs ago to the day/moment/minute???? Ok so we are deliriously tired at this point. But it was funny!!!! In all seriousness, I did not listen to this speech, so beautiful, simple and spoken with such love and care from Walt, without tears in my eyes!!! Being front and center with Mickey made it even more special!!!!

After this I bid farewell and came home. We got our maps and hats and we also enjoyed our cupcakes:

Not Afraid and her pre lunch snack:

Anders...no comment. I took this for you Sunnygirl:

Villains Fan

Tictocdragon and Wife:

Disneykat!!!! I ate the frosting but really was so excited about the day I could not eat the cupcake:

We think this one is on its way to Speederscouts to be cast and forever memoralized....we think. unless temptation rears its ugly head at midnight tonight!!

All in all This sign rang true:

And for many of us we were able to say "WE WERE THERE!!!!! 7/17/05!!!!

THANKS WALT
    Last edited by Disneykat; 07-17-2005 at 07:35 PM.
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

OMG, thanks, Katie! I love the pictures!

• Wasn't Me!

Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!

I wish I could have been there with you!

Thanks for the pics

• Wonderful World

those are some of the most greatest pics ive seen on here,its a day you will never forget
    I'm back MiceChat

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Great pics Katie Thanks again for the BB invite today gotta love the cupcake pics of all of us. I'll post my pics shortly.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    Anders...no comment. I took this for you Sunnygirl:

Hee. Can this be my new avatar?

• For old time sake

Oh my goodness I forgot to add my pics from the ceremony. As I mentioned we sat in the IASW area and watched it o the jumbotron!!!!

Mr. Linkletter who celebrated his 93rd birthday today!!!!! He made us laugh and brought such joy to the festivities

and we were fortunate enought to see him near the wishing well area afterwards

In honor of Ronald Reagan who was also there opening day, Art also introduced a clip of President Reagan and his speech when Disneyland turned 35

Of course mine and Villains Fan's Boyfriend made a debut accompanied by his pals and CM's

And the Governator of "Kul E For Ni UH" made an appearance too!!!

Bob Iger also was in attendance and introduced Eisner to mixed reviews...claps, boos and silence. Then we got a treat Diane Disney Miller. Bob had her begin the dedication speech which faded into Walt saying it. Again, not a dry eye in the place.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND!!!
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Hee. Can this be my new avatar?

Anders said you would say that
    Katie
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!