View Poll Results: What's your favorite "released" Plan for DCA?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • The New 1920's Entrance

12 24.00%
  • Cars Land

5 10.00%
  • victorian Paridise Peir redo

1 2.00%
  • World of Color lagoon show

5 10.00%
  • The Preview Center

1 2.00%
  • Everything!!

15 30.00%
  • Almost Everything!

9 18.00%
  • nothing

1 2.00%
  • other

1 2.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Fancy that...

Your favorite DCA makeover plan so far...and what do you think is missing so far

From the plans that were released for DCA's extreme make over, which ideas were your favorites and what do you think still needs attention.

favorites: I personaly would go with every single idea that was shown...no joke, exept mabye the idea to make the Turnstyles look like the pan Pacific(but i trust them to do whatever they want to do with it) Overall my favorites so far are the ideas of The Little Mermaid ride(exspecialy the exterior of it being like a candy palace) and the most likely visualy stunning kids play area(just like Disneysea!! wooo!) The new Entrance looks soo cool and the new Partners statue sounds awsome. Cars land looks amazing from what iv'e seen and it won't even matter that I didn't even realy like the movie.

What's missing at the moment: I wish that they would release more details on the remakes of Hollywood and the Grizzly river run area. I think that it would be cool if they got the Country bears and a mine train threw natures Wonderland there somewhere(yeah i know..no support by the Rapids structure) Then with Hollywood I wan't to see a model on the new facades that are sopposed to look 1930's ish, and exspecialy(sp) the new exterior and interior of the Hyperion Theater and walkway to the TOT. And of corse i'd like to know what their doing with the backlot area that can't realy be changed to look like the 1930's. I got a few questions- They specificly mentioned the updating of the Ferris wheel que but what about the Screamin' que, and the bland cement walk ways of all of Paridise Peir? What will the outside of the "Goofy's Flying Academy" look like? or better yet what will the ride be like period? and what are they gonna do with the long and boring walk to get to Paridise Peir? I'm bet that all of these problems will be adressed, im just wondering how the new DCA will turn out

• Just this guy......

Re: Your favorite DCA makeover plan so far...and what do you think is missing so far

There is so much information to take in. It's hard to pick just one thing. I do like that the changes to the Entrance. I think that it's going to give a real heart to the park.

Re: Your favorite DCA makeover plan so far...and what do you think is missing so far

The new entrance looks amazing!! DCA will at long last have a meaningful first impression for visitors to the park. Walt Disney Plaza will look bigger,yet more intimate, than Sunshine Plaza.

What's missing? Well it's obvious isn't it? Where's the loop?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I think you guys can figure out what my answer was by looking at my new avatar!

...Joe...

Love the new carsland plans. Who cares if the name is a dud. If it's great, it's great.

Love the world of color show too. That sounds like fun.

And the little Mermaid ride looks nice too. Long over due for a ride based on that one.

The concept art for Carsland reminded me of Thunder Mesa, which was going to be built in WDW.

• Goofy

wonderful world of color is one and the little mermaid ride wow.

• just the beernecessities

The Wonderful World of Color looks like it will be cool, finally a reason to stay late at DCA.
    Hello everyone!

• Goofy

oh lol.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Duckland is missing, but that's my fault for not changing my sig before the announcement.

I'll be ready for phase 2, though.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• "I Break Things"

what is missing.... THEME.... IMAGINATION... ORIGINAL CONCEPTS... other then that any improvement to DCA is bound to be amplified by the simple fact that it is DCA and they didn't have much to work with when they started. I cite Limo/Monsters as an example!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Hiding in the shadows

Cars Land is definitely my favorite, although its really because it will hopefully open a walkway between Fliks Fun fair and ToT which is very much needed. I love the Radiator Springs concept art.

For me, really whats missing is the GRR area changes. That is such a big area of the park and it needs more attractions.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Interesting the there are VERY FEW votes regarding Paradise Pier.
    I think it's very telling that with this 1.1 Billion infusion, that the
    Pier is not getting the attention/make over that is necessary. And
    Of all the areas of DCA, the Pier is the most underwhelming to
    begin with.

Very Glad to see the enormous change in the entry area, BUT
    Paradise Pier area is just as big a Problem, and only part of Route
    66 is being given just a partial makeover. Very disappointing to
    see the lack of effort in Paradise Pier.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Interesting the there are VERY FEW votes regarding Paradise Pier.
    I think it's very telling that with this 1.1 Billion infusion, that the
    Pier is not getting the attention/make over that is necessary. And
    Of all the areas of DCA, the Pier is the most underwhelming to
    begin with.

Very Glad to see the enormous change in the entry area, BUT
    Paradise Pier area is just as big a Problem, and only part of Route
    66 is being given just a partial makeover. Very disappointing to
    see the lack of effort in Paradise Pier.

Good call. Not only is Paradise Pier blah, it's also a pain to get to. I'm sure it's the same distance from the opening to Screamin' as it is from DLand to Splash, it just seems twice as long to get to blah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast