Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Re: Funny/Strange/Amusing Happenings during July 17th (and the night before..)!

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    May I ask who's idea the welcome was? Did somebody walk into the Main Street CM's break room and shout 'Hey Guy's, Lets Welcome everybody home when the gates open!' or was it a memo saying 'You WILL welcome every guest home to compensate for the lack of space to watch the cerimony... Or ELSE!' (jk) ...

Whoever's Idea it was, I have to congratulate both them and the CM's who put the effort and energy into carrying it out. As seen here, it made many people's days just that extra big magical.
    well...I'm not really certain. Greg Emmer (Sr. VP of Operations) was on hand and ordering people here and there. We just sort of started doing it spontaneously. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and I guess our intiutuion was right on.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Re: Funny/Strange/Amusing Happenings during July 17th (and the night before..)!

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    I can't tell you how cool it was to have you guys welcome us like that. My wife and I teared up a bit - it was very special. All in all, a wonderful day and we VERY much appreciate the CMs and the hard work that you do to make our day magical.
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed hearing it as much as we enjoyed doing it! To be honest, I was also a little teary-eyed knowing that all of you guys turned out for the "little" birthday party we put on. It's great to know that so many truly appreciate what we do.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123