Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional (Merged

I think Darkbeer needs to send his idea in to Disney because it is brilliant. It would then give everyone an equal opportunity to get selected.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional (Merged

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    I think Darkbeer needs to send his idea in to Disney because it is brilliant. It would then give everyone an equal opportunity to get selected.
    Ditto this. If they are going to sell out within the first hour, you might as well give more people a chance at getting them, and it will keep people from sitting in front a computer for two hours only to rip their hair out.

And I can't afford to lose more hair!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Man.. I checked my server logs.. The TDA people at Disneyland and Burbank are reading the heck out of this thread...
    It's probably the same people who have been responsible for all of the event registration/fulfilment fiasco's at Disneyland for the last decade. Hopefully someone in Burbank will get the message that some changes need to be made at TDA.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

I am so upset with how this was handled. I was on from 9:30am, took the morning off work, had all my information ready - and yet I kept getting the error screen when I tried to check out. I spent until almost 10:30 at it, but then had to leave for work. My family had planned an entire trip around this and it was so upsetting to my kids who have been talking about it for months.

• Busa Simba Busa Simba Yo!

Well, my husband and four other friends who have AP put in for the Nemo lottery and none of us were selected to go on the AP preview days, so that was pretty disappointing. From my point of view that system didn't work very well either. We still haven't made it on the subs. Everytime we are there it's still a 60-75 minute wait and with a toddler, we just haven't sucked it up to switch off and wait yet. Later I heard some of the AP preview times were slow and even if you didn't have your postcard or email or whatever it is you got and just showed your AP they'd let you get in line on the preview days. Didn't know this until after the fact, otherwise I would have shown up one day to take my chances. They were all weekdays, so it would have been tough anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SimbaYo View Post
    Well, my husband and four other friends who have AP put in for the Nemo lottery and none of us were selected to go on the AP preview days, so that was pretty disappointing. From my point of view that system didn't work very well either. We still haven't made it on the subs. Everytime we are there it's still a 60-75 minute wait and with a toddler, we just haven't sucked it up to switch off and wait yet. Later I heard some of the AP preview times were slow and even if you didn't have your postcard or email or whatever it is you got and just showed your AP they'd let you get in line on the preview days. Didn't know this until after the fact, otherwise I would have shown up one day to take my chances. They were all weekdays, so it would have been tough anyway.
    I put in for the Nemo contest as well and was not selected. I planned my whole trip around that. Through that lottery, I didn't win. I know I had to work for about an hour to get tickets to the CP, but I just kept clicking the submit button and eventually the transaction went through. I actually don't like an idea about a lottery to buy tickets. I guess I could see how each way is still about the luck of the draw though.
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

• The Fantasyland guy

The lottery would of worked better if they had a good presentation of the winners...

Think of this: Everyone who enters gets a number. Then the winners are announced, 5 an hour till all spaces are paid and taken up.

The problem I had with the nemo winners is there was no feeling of loss. The people who didn't win felt as if no lottery was even produced. Unless the AP'r went onto micechat, they wouldn't have even known anyone had won therefore thought the whole thing was a sham.

If they gave everyone a number and posted the winning numbers online, we could all see who had won and known we gave it our best shot.

• In Mouse We trust

I don't know if I am a fan of the lottery idea, but then again, I was fortunate enough this year to get tickets with this system.

Anyone getting worried about the weather that weekend? So far, it looks like it might rain on Sunday. I know we're still 10 days out, but it's still a little worrying.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lafours View Post
    Anyone getting worried about the weather that weekend? So far, it looks like it might rain on Sunday. I know we're still 10 days out, but it's still a little worrying.
    In the past 15 years or so, I think it has only rained twice. One of the years that my group performed, it WAS rained out and my students were very disappointed after all of that work. This was back in the 1990's and I believe that the choirs only performed one of the two nights. I think it may still be that way now.

The bummer back then was...we rehearsed under a large carport-like structure with the sides open. Well...it started raining, and I mean it POURED. What made things worse was the wind, which blew the rain in sideways...all over the orchestra, the instruments, Michael York...EVERYONE was wet. (The following year, the rehearsal was moved into a warehouse.) And we got soaked, my kids stood in line and everything was still ready to go...until they finally pulled the plug about 5 minutes before the show.

Of course, right after they cancelled it, the rain stopped.

Good times...

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Of course, right after they cancelled it, the rain stopped. Good times...
    "Welcome to Southern California! If you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes and it will change..."

10 days out is only going to give you a trend, and tell you it might not be the best time to strip the roof off your house - unless you can get it back on inside of three or four days.

Storms speed up, storms slow down, storms take a left turn tomorrow and never get here. As an example, the 10-day last week was forecasting really nasty Santana winds all week, and they called in extra firefighters from all over the western states to be ready for anything...

It never really formed and was several days late, we're going to get some medium Santana style offshore winds over this weekend and a precautionary "Red Flag" declaration - but nowhere near the Big Blow Part Deux that was originally in the long range forecast.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Hello Everyone,

I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets to the 5:30 pm seating at Yamabuki (my last choice, but thankful to get them!). Can anyone who has attended in the past, fill me in on what to expect timewise? What time should we arrive at the dinner? If we arrive at 5:30, are we at the end of the line because everyone else is there an hour before? How long is dinner? Should we hurry through dinner to get to the park for better seating? How long is the ceremony? I noticed that the fireworks were pushed back 10 minutes to 9:35 that night. Do they include fireworks in the ceremony or do they immediately follow? I have a son who is deathly afraid of fireworks due to a disability and I will have a nightmare on my hands if I can't at least get him into the Main Street Theater by the time the fireworks start. I should have thought of that BEFORE I bought his ticket! Thanks for any help and advice!
    Last edited by cdirvine; 11-25-2007 at 09:16 AM.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by cdirvine View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I was lucky enough to get 4 tickets to the 5:30 pm seating at Yamabuki (my last choice, but thankful to get them!). Can anyone who has attended in the past, fill me in on what to expect timewise? What time should we arrive at the dinner? If we arrive at 5:30, are we at the end of the line because everyone else is there an hour before? How long is dinner? Should we hurry through dinner to get to the park for better seating? How long is the ceremony? I noticed that the fireworks were pushed back 10 minutes to 9:35 that night. Do they include fireworks in the ceremony or do they immediately follow? I have a son who is deathly afraid of fireworks due to a disability and I will have a nightmare on my hands if I can't at least get him into the Main Street Theater by the time the fireworks start. I should have thought of that BEFORE I bought his ticket! Thanks for any help and advice!
    Last year when we went to the Napa Rose, we were seated in a timely manner based on our reservation time. If you arrive 15 minutes before your appointed seating time you'll be fine.

Once seated, everything goes off like clock work and you'll probably finish up at least 1/2 hour before the show starts. You'll walk over to Disneyland, go thru the turnstyles and once in the "Outer Lobby" (which just so happens to be that area in front of the Mickey Planter), you'll see a special cordoned-off line before you go under the train tunnel. You'll give your ticket to the nice Cast Member and then you'll walk thru the tunnel via the special line and when you come out into Town Square (inside the cordoned-off area), you'll be directed to find a seat somewhere in front of the stage.
    Don't worry. There are lots of CM's to help you out.

Have fun!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cdirvine View Post
    Hello Everyone,

As for the fireworks, if the second show starts around 8:00, the actual show is done in under an hour, as far as I can remember. The Christmas fireworks are, to my ears, a bit louder than "Remember", so if your son is distrurbed by fireworks in general, I think it's a good idea to head into the opera house or a store before they begin. For some reason, the "shape" fireworks, (boxes, smiley faces, etc) are much louder than the others and I believe the Christmas show contains quite a few more of those types of shells. The fireworks are NOT part of the ceremony. I think they will leave at least a 1/2 hr margin to clear the Candlelight crowd from the flag pole area before the fireworks begin. Have a great time!

Do we have confirmed guest speakers yet? I haven't been on micechat for a week, but doing a search and looking back, I can't find anything other than the Jane Seymour rumor. Also, has anyone seen the menus for this year? Last year we saw the menu, didn't we?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast