Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Neep meep beep

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional

Thanks! This was information I was waiting to hear and eager to know about.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks Darkbeer. I'll be parked in front of my computer on the 19th. I can only do Sunday, so I'm crossing my fingers now.

• DL Nerd

Not that I'm going to be there....

but,

What is it?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Candlelight Processional is an unofficial park event, it has been around for years, and was originally designed for park sponsors and special friends of Walt Disney and Disneyland. It is the story of Jesus using a large choir, made up of a bunch of choirs from schools and churches, along with a group of CM's who volunteer and practice on their own time. Once all the invited guests were seated, then they allowed the general public to fill in the area.

It has changed slightly, but pretty much the same thing, Disney has a group of seats that are made available for folks Disney wants to invite, and now a few hundred seats are made available thru the dining packages. But there is also a bunch of obstructed view seats and standing view areas available on a first come basis at no extra cost.

There is nothing printed on the Times guide about this event, though they do move the Parades to earlier in the day, so they can set up the area for the event.

Here are some photos from a prior event.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2203316
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The Candlelight Processional is an unofficial park event, it has been around for years, and was originally designed for park sponsors and special friends of Walt Disney and Disneyland. It is the story of Jesus using a large choir, made up of a bunch of choirs from schools and churches, along with a group of CM's who volunteer and practice on their own time. Once all the invited guests were seated, then they allowed the general public to fill in the area.

It has changed slightly, but pretty much the same thing, Disney has a group of seats that are made available for folks Disney wants to invite, and now a few hundred seats are made available thru the dining packages. But there is also a bunch of obstructed view seats and standing view areas available on a first come basis at no extra cost.

There is nothing printed on the Times guide about this event, though they do move the Parades to earlier in the day, so they can set up the area for the event.

Here are some photos from a prior event.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2203316

great... thanks for the info!
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    T...It is the story of Jesus using a large choir...
    Wow, I didn't even know that Jesus had ever USED a choir - thanks for the info!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Wow, I didn't even know that Jesus had ever USED a choir - thanks for the info!

It's true. Until he embarked on his ill fated solo carrer.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

So for us poor people... Are the seats marked off reserved vs unreserved? I'm willing to stake a spot if it means I'll get to see Jane Seymour.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Thanks for the info!! Really excited!

QUESTIONS:

Any strategical advice on getting tickets? I'm really nervous after reading about the chaos of last year! Is there still the first and second times each night? Are either easier to get? We have never eaten at Storytellers or Hooke's Pointe - which would you recommend? And would the distance thing matter (by this I mean is the seating first come first serve like first people there get the first row so if you eat a little faster and eat at a place a little closer...)? And is there a huge jump in the quality of storytellers/hookes and the vineyard room?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    So for us poor people... Are the seats marked off reserved vs unreserved? I'm willing to stake a spot if it means I'll get to see Jane Seymour.
    I believe there is standing area behind it and if you are willing to wait you can get a pretty good view.

ETA: And to quote Darkbeer in an earlier post: But there is also a bunch of obstructed view seats and standing view areas available on a first come basis at no extra cost.
    Last edited by angeladlr; 10-20-2007 at 08:47 PM.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Yes, there are lots of CM's handling Guest Control, the reserved seating sections are seperated by color, and it is clear which ones are the "first come" seats. When you decide to start camping out, just talk to a CM and ask what the procedures are....

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeladlr View Post
    I believe there is standing area behind it and if you are willing to wait you can get a pretty good view.

ETA: And to quote Darkbeer in an earlier post: But there is also a bunch of obstructed view seats and standing view areas available on a first come basis at no extra cost.
    Right... that's why I'm asking if the reserved ones are clearly marked... don't want to wait in the wrong chair all day long

Thanks for the info darkbeer!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeladlr View Post
    Thanks for the info!! Really excited!

QUESTIONS:

Any strategical advice on getting tickets? I'm really nervous after reading about the chaos of last year! Is there still the first and second times each night? Are either easier to get? We have never eaten at Storytellers or Hooke's Pointe - which would you recommend? And would the distance thing matter (by this I mean is the seating first come first serve like first people there get the first row so if you eat a little faster and eat at a place a little closer...)? And is there a huge jump in the quality of storytellers/hookes and the vineyard room?

Sorry for all the questions!!
    Yes, Number 1, PRE-register on Tickets.com prior to November 19th, giving them your name, adress, etc.

Number 2, set your clock to match up with the official US time... http://www.time.gov/

Number 3, get on your computer prior to 10 AM on Monday the 19th, and then go to Tickets.com and find the page for the Candlelight tickets.

At exactly 10 AM Pacific Standard Time, start to try and get through, if you don't get through the first time, keep trying....

• Banned User

Thanks Darkbeer!!! MUST get a package, we're going for our wedding anniversary and have been awaiting this information!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Just found out, there is ANOTHER reason Why Jane Seymour
    is the celebrity narrator this year ~

She has a signing for some of her artwork

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast